Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Mobile phone volume

Last response: in Technologies
Share
October 5, 2010 3:18:28 PM

Hello,
My phone is an elderly siemens sf65. even set for noisy environments it's too quiet if there is any external noise. I'm quite happy to get a new phone but how can I find one that will be loud enough?
DeeCee

More about : mobile phone volume

Anonymous
October 5, 2010 5:03:10 PM

Commonsense would suggest finding a mobile phone store that isn't just filled with dummies -- and I don't mean the dummy phones on display.

Make these guys earn their commission and get them to demonstrate the phone they recommend. So you can tell, walk out into the street and see if it's loud enough.
October 6, 2010 10:43:38 AM

Quote:
Commonsense would suggest finding a mobile phone store that isn't just filled with dummies -- and I don't mean the dummy phones on display.

Make these guys earn their commission and get them to demonstrate the phone they recommend. So you can tell, walk out into the street and see if it's loud enough.


You're quite right fihart. As my hair is the colour of driven slush, most of those kids assume anyone more than 2 years older than themselves is a walking idiot and I hate being patronised by them. Sod's law dictates that if I try that there won't be anything or anyone making any noise within 200 metres. I was hoping to find db values but I guess I'd need to dig fairly deep for that. I suppose I'll just need to bite the bullet and do as you suggest and walk away if I don't get the help I need.

Thanks anyway

DeeCee
Related resources
October 11, 2010 3:11:16 AM

deecee said:
Hello,
My phone is an elderly siemens sf65. even set for noisy environments it's too quiet if there is any external noise. I'm quite happy to get a new phone but how can I find one that will be loud enough?
DeeCee


Maybe you can try something to make the sound louder.
1. Amplified headsets.
At the basic end of the spectrum, a headset can move the sound closer to your ear, help to passively block out noise by getting a better seal around the ear, and provide some amplification.
2. Noise Canceling headsets.
These headsets don't actually amplify but they do actively work to cancel out background noise which interferes with call quality.
3. A Loud Cell Phone
There are a several cell phones on the market which are designed specifically for those with mild hearing impairment. These phones however, are designed for simplicity in most cases and may not offer all of the features or sleek design many users want. Such as Clarity C900.
October 11, 2010 12:52:55 PM

lihuahellen said:
Maybe you can try something to make the sound louder.
1. Amplified headsets.
At the basic end of the spectrum, a headset can move the sound closer to your ear, help to passively block out noise by getting a better seal around the ear, and provide some amplification.
2. Noise Canceling headsets.
These headsets don't actually amplify but they do actively work to cancel out background noise which interferes with call quality.
3. A Loud Cell Phone
There are a several cell phones on the market which are designed specifically for those with mild hearing impairment. These phones however, are designed for simplicity in most cases and may not offer all of the features or sleek design many users want. Such as Clarity C900.


Thanks all,
I've settled on a nokia model which tested out loud enough for me. So I'm a happy bunny except there is no USB cable supplied and none of the myriad selection I already have fit. So I'll buy an adaptor or new cable. Is it any surprise people get grumpy? Who has the power to bang manufacturers' heads together?

End of rant

Regards to all who took the time and effort to reply

Deecee
April 9, 2011 6:25:10 AM

Some great options coming on your way, there are many new options that you can try.
April 18, 2011 5:55:39 AM

when you are using the mobile phone then you have many option to change the volumes of your hand set.
May 5, 2011 5:22:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!