Ding Dong, the witch is dead!

UXO: Odyssey has been cancelled. The sad news is that those losers will come
to our UO.

Ar Q wrote:
> UXO: Odyssey has been cancelled. The sad news is that those losers will come
> to our UO.

Did you try it? Does anyone know what it was like?

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:58:39 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com>
wrote:

>UXO: Odyssey has been cancelled. The sad news is that those losers will come
>to our UO.

Hell, I didn't even know it was available?? I can imagine it cancelled
for a lot of reasons.

What, was it in Beta?? Was it out there on the shelves already? I
never even saw a news blurb on it's develoopement??

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:58:39 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >UXO: Odyssey has been cancelled. The sad news is that those losers will
come
> >to our UO.
> >

> Hell, I didn't even know it was available?? I can imagine it cancelled
> for a lot of reasons.
>
> What, was it in Beta?? Was it out there on the shelves already? I
> never even saw a news blurb on it's develoopement??

No beta, no shelves. Just another peice of vaporware ala UO2.

--
psz

On 02 Jul 2004 18:22:27 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria)
wrote:

>>>UXO: Odyssey has been cancelled. The sad news is that those losers will come
>>>to our UO.
>>>

>If 3d players are lucky, maybe the uxo art team will get to work on fixing the
>terrible character art...(of course, uxo looked like a WoW clone, so that might
>not be a good thing...but armor looked spiffy!)
>
>>What, was it in Beta?? Was it out there on the shelves already? I
>>never even saw a news blurb on it's develoopement??
>
>It never got to Beta, but you can catch some screenshots at
>http://www.rpgamer.com, in their games section.
>It looked interesting, and used alot of the things recently added to uo(mouse
>over was very noticable), and it's use of the virtues was interesting, boosting
>your equipment's performance and your own powers...
>
>And the fact that it had player races is almost a guarantee that we're going to
>see more new species added soon, like the Meer & Juka(originally player races
>planned for UO2)
>
>Sadly, it was pretty much a given that the game would never see the light of
>day, especially after the mangling of U9, and the public outcry over Final
>Fantasy 11 being an online title...i don't think people would've wanted a
>series title that was also online...best to keep these thing seperate.
>The thing i still love most about UO is that it has given me the chance to
>adventure in the lands the Avatar saved so often, to walk in his footsteps at
>times, and at others have my own, unique adventures...after all this time, i
>still love Sosaria. :)
>
>*Now where's my t-shirt?*
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>
>~And besides, EA might've gone after every current market trend and we woulda
>run into Card Battles in UXO...*shudders*~

I am STILL waiting on Morrowind to go MMORPG!!!

On 03 Jul 2004 04:36:32 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria)
wrote:

>>I am STILL waiting on Morrowind to go MMORPG!!!
>>

>I'm still waiting to play Morrowind. :)
>
>Damn Gamestop in my neighborhood stopped carrying PC games, and i'm too lazy to
>order it online...
>
>*boggles*
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!

It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
background!!!

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 06:26:55 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

>Ahhhhh Somebody else who remembers EA for what they are/were!!!
>
>And thank you for reminding me of one of the reasons I hate the EA
>Monster!!!

I wonder if there is a Fast Hack'em for PCs?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

> On 03 Jul 2004 04:36:32 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria)
> wrote:
>
> >>I am STILL waiting on Morrowind to go MMORPG!!!
> >>

> >I'm still waiting to play Morrowind. :)
> >
> >Damn Gamestop in my neighborhood stopped carrying PC games, and i'm too
lazy to
> >order it online...
> >
> >*boggles*
> >~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>
> Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!
>
> It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
> would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
> background!!!

How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.

Archeon

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:00:37 +0100, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net>
wrote:

><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I'm still waiting to play Morrowind. :)
>> >
>> >Damn Gamestop in my neighborhood stopped carrying PC games, and i'm too
>lazy to
>> >order it online...
>> >
>> >*boggles*
>> >~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>>
>> Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!
>>
>> It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
>> would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
>> background!!!
>
>How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
>solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
>became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
>and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.

I didn't make it out the Customs Office before I got bored. After a
bloody hour generating my character and jumping all the hoops they
gave me between getting off the boat and leaving the Customs office,
there was some gizmo laying on a table that I tried to pick up and
have a look at. I was promptly threatened with hanging for trying to
steal. I said, "Screw it, if the rest of the game is like this, I
don't need it.", quit the game, and uninstalled it.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

wrote:

><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I'm still waiting to play Morrowind. :)
>> >
>> >Damn Gamestop in my neighborhood stopped carrying PC games, and i'm too
>lazy to
>> >order it online...
>> >
>> >*boggles*
>> >~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>>
>> Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!
>>
>> It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
>> would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
>> background!!!
>
>How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
>solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
>became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
>and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.
>
>Archeon

Right you are Arch. They usually don;t hold my attention very long.
From time to time I will fire it up and play with it for a while. Once
you know some of the work-arounds and cheats the game isn;t as much
fun.... But I enjoy just looking a tthe scenery and wishing that there
could be groups of people wandering around this fantastic world!

OrionCA wrote:

>>How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
>>solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
>>became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
>>and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.
>

> I didn't make it out the Customs Office before I got bored. After a
> bloody hour generating my character and jumping all the hoops they
> gave me between getting off the boat and leaving the Customs office,
> there was some gizmo laying on a table that I tried to pick up and
> have a look at. I was promptly threatened with hanging for trying to
> steal. I said, "Screw it, if the rest of the game is like this, I
> don't need it.", quit the game, and uninstalled it.

Which game is this you are talking about??

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:45:51 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:00:37 +0100, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net>
>wrote:
>

>><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>lazy to

>>> Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!
>>>
>>> It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
>>> would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
>>> background!!!
>>
>>How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
>>solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
>>became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
>>and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.
>
>I didn't make it out the Customs Office before I got bored. After a
>bloody hour generating my character and jumping all the hoops they
>gave me between getting off the boat and leaving the Customs office,
>there was some gizmo laying on a table that I tried to pick up and
>have a look at. I was promptly threatened with hanging for trying to
>steal. I said, "Screw it, if the rest of the game is like this, I
>don't need it.", quit the game, and uninstalled it.

You didn't miss much. The entire plot consists of two things - get an
item from one guy, use it to defeat the Foozle. 99.9% of the game is just
random dungeons (well not actually rnd generated like Daggerfall but
nearly so) and cardboard NPCs.

I think it only gained popularity because a new generation of games got to
see a first person game that wasn't just a shooter for the first time.
It's too bad they didn't get their hands on Gothic or even U9 first.

Anyhow, this topic ought to go over to csipgr.

--

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:31:57 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>I think it only gained popularity because a new generation of games got to

Oops, that should be,

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:58:20 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>OrionCA wrote:
>
>>>How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily with
>>>solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
>>>became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about Morrowind,
>>>and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.
>>

>> I didn't make it out the Customs Office before I got bored. After a
>> bloody hour generating my character and jumping all the hoops they
>> gave me between getting off the boat and leaving the Customs office,
>> there was some gizmo laying on a table that I tried to pick up and
>> have a look at. I was promptly threatened with hanging for trying to
>> steal. I said, "Screw it, if the rest of the game is like this, I
>> don't need it.", quit the game, and uninstalled it.
>
>Which game is this you are talking about??

Morrowind, the game where you must submit to a cavity search during
character creation.

--

Polychromic wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:58:20 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>>>I didn't make it out the Customs Office before I got bored. After a
>>>bloody hour generating my character and jumping all the hoops they
>>>gave me between getting off the boat and leaving the Customs office,
>>>there was some gizmo laying on a table that I tried to pick up and
>>>have a look at. I was promptly threatened with hanging for trying to
>>>steal. I said, "Screw it, if the rest of the game is like this, I
>>>don't need it.", quit the game, and uninstalled it.
>>
>>Which game is this you are talking about??
>

> Morrowind, the game where you must submit to a cavity search during
> character creation.

This is an online game or single? I look at the WoW. Looks like EQ
with better graphics. I might try it when it hits, Ipretty picky and
would like to switch from that view to the UO view. I just didn't
like EQ and I tried it twice.

--

archeon

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:00:37 +0100, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net>
> wrote:
>

> ><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >lazy to

> >> Oh Man, You have never played Morrowind? You poor deprived man!
> >>
> >> It's a very good game and the graphics on it are just stunning. I
> >> would LOVE to see the game made into a MMORPG. It would be a superb
> >> background!!!
> >
> >How long did it hold your attention for? I find I get bored too easily
with
> >solo games and end up back at UO. Dungeon Siege amused me for a time, but
> >became very samey after 2 dungeons! I've heard good things about
Morrowind,
> >and I liked Daggerfall, its buggy older brother.
> >
> >Archeon
> >
> Right you are Arch. They usually don;t hold my attention very long.
> From time to time I will fire it up and play with it for a while. Once
> you know some of the work-arounds and cheats the game isn;t as much
> fun.... But I enjoy just looking a tthe scenery and wishing that there
> could be groups of people wandering around this fantastic world!

It would be good to find a game that really used the power of the pc I spent
too much on last year! Although sweet graphics are no substitute for decent
gameplay, I'd like to play smething that looks good and plays well, which
isn't a FP shooter. Having said that, I might buy half-life 2 if it ever
emerges, the first was immersive and atmospheric.

Archeon

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:22:48 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:58:20 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>>>Which game is this you are talking about??
>>

>> Morrowind, the game where you must submit to a cavity search during
>> character creation.
>>
>This is an online game or single? I look at the WoW. Looks like EQ
>with better graphics. I might try it when it hits, Ipretty picky and
>would like to switch from that view to the UO view. I just didn't
>like EQ and I tried it twice.

It was a single player game from Bethesda Software. First came Arena,
then came Daggerfall, then came The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (plus the
Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons).

Didn't World of Warcraft already come to market? From the various web
comics, I thought it was already out.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:22:48 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>
> >Polychromic wrote:

Morrowind,

> >> Morrowind, the game where you must submit to a cavity search during
> >> character creation.
> >>
> >This is an online game or single? I look at the WoW. Looks like EQ
> >with better graphics. I might try it when it hits, Ipretty picky and
> >would like to switch from that view to the UO view. I just didn't
> >like EQ and I tried it twice.
>
> It was a single player game from Bethesda Software. First came Arena,
> then came Daggerfall, then came The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (plus the
> Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons).
>
> Didn't World of Warcraft already come to market? From the various web
> comics, I thought it was already out.

Still in Beta, but full release is not far off. Last I read they just
unlocked all but 1 race for the beta players so I'm thinking its getting
pretty close to complete. Lots of good press coming from that direction, and
Blizzard does do top notch stuff. Could be good.... Could be Veeerrrryyy
good....

Alminair

Polychromic wrote:

> It was a single player game from Bethesda Software. First came Arena,
> then came Daggerfall, then came The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (plus the
> Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons).
>
> Didn't World of Warcraft already come to market? From the various web
> comics, I thought it was already out.

According to the web site it's still beta and beta is closed. They
are about to open beta apps for Europe.

Alminair wrote:

> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:22:48 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
>><windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

> easily with

> but

> Morrowind,

>>>This is an online game or single? I look at the WoW. Looks like EQ
>>>with better graphics. I might try it when it hits, Ipretty picky and
>>>would like to switch from that view to the UO view. I just didn't
>>>like EQ and I tried it twice.
>>
>>It was a single player game from Bethesda Software. First came Arena,
>>then came Daggerfall, then came The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (plus the
>>Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons).
>>
>>Didn't World of Warcraft already come to market? From the various web
>>comics, I thought it was already out.
>

> Still in Beta, but full release is not far off. Last I read they just
> unlocked all but 1 race for the beta players so I'm thinking its getting
> pretty close to complete. Lots of good press coming from that direction, and
> Blizzard does do top notch stuff. Could be good.... Could be Veeerrrryyy
> good....
>
> Alminair

You could probably get vital info by emailing someone at LLTS.
Apparently they have retired from EQ and another game and will only
be participating in UO and WoW.