Crysis installs but crashes

jammonr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Hello,

need some help -- have a boss system but am unable to get Crysis to run. Should be able to handle graphics at any level (Cross-fire, water cooled, but now not even overclocked -- running standard). Have made setting as low as they can go - still crashes. I am running Windows 7 and have tried compatibility mode, etc.

Jammonr

Solution
Need more information on your system specs (cpu, memory, graphics card, motherboard, etc).

Once we have that, then maybe we can start to see what the issue is.

jammonr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
i7 920
ATI 5870 x2 in Crossfire (water cooled, but now running with no overclock)
12 GB memory
Windows 7 (64) Ultimate

all antivirus off - no fire wall

tried all iterations of administrator & non; all of compatibility mode etc.

Steam is of no help,

works fine on all of my non windows 7 (64) systems

thanks.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Exactly what happens? Do you play the game for very long and then it crashes? Does it give any kind of error? Check the event logs to see what it has.

Can you run any other graphics intensive games without any problems? Have you tried running it in non-Crossfire mode? Maybe the game doesn't work in Crossfire mode? I'm not that familiar with crossfire as I can't run it in my system. but I have read where early on, Crossfire mode did not work with Crysis. Have you patched the game to the latest version and updated your video drivers to the latest?

Again, I would first try it in non-Crossfire mode and see if that prevents the crashing.