Someone fed my pet dragn loco weed.

Last response: in Video Games
July 9, 2004 10:47:38 PM

....so I'm in Destard collecting metal for BODS (cheaper than buying
ingots), a dragon targets me, and I Peace and then Tame it. I can
always use extra muscle down there.

Anyway, I see a Drake near a corpse I want to loot so I command,
"Roar, Kill" and the dragon (renamed Roar, obviously) charges the
drake, takes a sudden left turn, and does the Funky Chicken Dance.
The drake and I are standing their with our mouths open watching Roar
hop up and down, dance around in circles, and shake his booty.

So I called him back, said, "OK, Roar, let's try this once more.
ROAR, KILL!" and Roar trotted off to do the Funky Chicken Dance again.

I walked over to the drake, called Roar and said, "See this, Roar? In
front of your nose? KILL IT!" This time Roar got the message and
killed the drake.

When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

On 2004-07-10, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
> ...so I'm in Destard collecting metal for BODS (cheaper than buying
> ingots), a dragon targets me, and I Peace and then Tame it. I can
> always use extra muscle down there.
>
> Anyway, I see a Drake near a corpse I want to loot so I command,
> "Roar, Kill" and the dragon (renamed Roar, obviously) charges the
> drake, takes a sudden left turn, and does the Funky Chicken Dance.
> The drake and I are standing their with our mouths open watching Roar
> hop up and down, dance around in circles, and shake his booty.
>
> So I called him back, said, "OK, Roar, let's try this once more.
> ROAR, KILL!" and Roar trotted off to do the Funky Chicken Dance again.
>
> I walked over to the drake, called Roar and said, "See this, Roar? In
> front of your nose? KILL IT!" This time Roar got the message and
> killed the drake.
>
> When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?

Pets do REALLY wierd things when either they or their target are in
"flight" mode, or are walking around at a substantially higher
"Z-axis" than you are. I see it all the time hunting with my wife.

Brian K
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:59:12 PM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:40:44 GMT, Brian Keener
<keenerb@roleplayga.org> wrote:

>On 2004-07-10, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> ...so I'm in Destard collecting metal for BODS (cheaper than buying
>> ingots), a dragon targets me, and I Peace and then Tame it. I can
>> always use extra muscle down there.
>>
>> Anyway, I see a Drake near a corpse I want to loot so I command,
>> "Roar, Kill" and the dragon (renamed Roar, obviously) charges the
>> drake, takes a sudden left turn, and does the Funky Chicken Dance.
>> The drake and I are standing their with our mouths open watching Roar
>> hop up and down, dance around in circles, and shake his booty.
>>
>> So I called him back, said, "OK, Roar, let's try this once more.
>> ROAR, KILL!" and Roar trotted off to do the Funky Chicken Dance again.
>>
>> I walked over to the drake, called Roar and said, "See this, Roar? In
>> front of your nose? KILL IT!" This time Roar got the message and
>> killed the drake.
>>
>> When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?
>
>Pets do REALLY wierd things when either they or their target are in
>"flight" mode, or are walking around at a substantially higher
>"Z-axis" than you are. I see it all the time hunting with my wife.
>
>Brian K

How did you train your wife to hunt for you? I bet you have to have
120+ in taming!!!!

That would be so cool.... considering some of the wives I have knows
in my life.... Some of them would have truely been furious pets!

<Snicker>
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:59:58 PM

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:47:38 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>...so I'm in Destard collecting metal for BODS (cheaper than buying
>ingots), a dragon targets me, and I Peace and then Tame it. I can
>always use extra muscle down there.
>
>Anyway, I see a Drake near a corpse I want to loot so I command,
>"Roar, Kill" and the dragon (renamed Roar, obviously) charges the
>drake, takes a sudden left turn, and does the Funky Chicken Dance.
>The drake and I are standing their with our mouths open watching Roar
>hop up and down, dance around in circles, and shake his booty.
>
>So I called him back, said, "OK, Roar, let's try this once more.
>ROAR, KILL!" and Roar trotted off to do the Funky Chicken Dance again.
>
>I walked over to the drake, called Roar and said, "See this, Roar? In
>front of your nose? KILL IT!" This time Roar got the message and
>killed the drake.
>
>When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?

ROFL! That had to be something funny to see!

And I am amazed that you actually know what the Funky Chicken was!!!!
You must be as old as me!!! :)
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 5:21:40 PM

OrionCA wrote:

> When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?

I will relate another situation that has absolutely nothing to do
with chicken dancing dragons, but compare the two and my final
comment and make your own conclusion. In Haven where 80% of new game
players appear, there are a lot of PvP bank sitters. Why, I'm not
sure. So one evening someone I'll descibe as an indescribable ass,
Jackaro; opens a red gate and starts shouting about a tower just
fell, there are baxes and rares everywhere. A couple of us look at
eachother, strip down to nothing and go. It opened to the "orc camp"
in the savage territory of Felucca SW of the mountains, toward the
coast. Later a couple of the PvPers put on savage paint and go to
"even things out" since they (PvP) don't really like most of the
members of CYN and HOT anyway. I follow but there's nothing I can do,
none of my characters are tall enough and I'm not "instructed in the
ways of PvP " and have no macros set up. I go to watch. When I get
there I had no mount so BTT I get there they have left, there were
too many. Before I leave, I am a ghost over reading and Jackaro said
one of the GMs whats to see it in action, so we have to crank it uo
again, "How can I stop when the GMs are lauging their ass off." At
this point my thoughts are that all GMs should be killed and OSI hire
new children to take their place. The GMs say that "It is a red gate
and anyone that goens into a red gate should expect possible death."
Last night in Haven Jackaro's lil thingie that comes right before the
guild name says "I Wove GM something" I don't remember the GMs name,
I should have written it down. So it's apparent to me that Jackaro
will never have his account actioned no matter what he ever does. I
thought they took care of this GM favoritism thing??

July 10, 2004 5:24:42 PM

Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

>>When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?
>

> ROFL! That had to be something funny to see!
>
> And I am amazed that you actually know what the Funky Chicken was!!!!
> You must be as old as me!!! :)

How old are you ? Billy calls me ancient because I'm 41 and he's ONLY
35.
That kilt wearin' bass-turd!

July 10, 2004 5:24:43 PM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:24:42 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>

>>>When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?
>>

>> ROFL! That had to be something funny to see!
>>
>> And I am amazed that you actually know what the Funky Chicken was!!!!
>> You must be as old as me!!! :)
>>

>How old are you ? Billy calls me ancient because I'm 41 and he's ONLY
>35.
>That kilt wearin' bass-turd!

You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.

http://www.janai.nl/chickenfun.htm

The games on this page aren't bad, either.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm
looking for myself and don't let me leave.
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 12:25:09 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.

So is 41 old now? I need to know for next year. Got to go shopping for a
cane and wheelchair and all that stuff.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.
>
>So is 41 old now? I need to know for next year. Got to go shopping for a
>cane and wheelchair and all that stuff.

If you get the "Compu-Potty" upgrade to your computer chair and move
the fridge within reach of your PC you never have to worry about that
stuff.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm
looking for myself and don't let me leave.
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:28:57 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:24:42 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
>

>>>When did dragons learn to boogie, and why?
>>

>> ROFL! That had to be something funny to see!
>>
>> And I am amazed that you actually know what the Funky Chicken was!!!!
>> You must be as old as me!!! :)
>>

>How old are you ? Billy calls me ancient because I'm 41 and he's ONLY
>35.
>That kilt wearin' bass-turd!

YOu, my friend, are a spring chicken. 50 is quickly approaching. And I
do NOT look forward to it.
July 11, 2004 2:50:48 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.
>
>So is 41 old now?

PLEASE say no, because I was 63 in May and I refuse to be old.

Ice
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 2:50:49 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:50:48 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.
>>
>>So is 41 old now?
>
>PLEASE say no, because I was 63 in May and I refuse to be old.
>
>Ice

You are a woman. YOu don;t HAVE to be old. Us men do. We get called
Dirty old men... and OLD codgers.... and OLD Farts....

We even make cute movies aoub us like Grouchy OLD Men.
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 5:10:01 AM

Ice wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.
>>
>>So is 41 old now?
>

> PLEASE say no, because I was 63 in May and I refuse to be old.
>
> Ice

ROFL, you want Billy's ICQ? I don't think he reads here much anymore.

July 11, 2004 5:52:29 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:27:05 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:01:46 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>>You don't have to be old; you just have to have the Internet.
>>
>>So is 41 old now? I need to know for next year. Got to go shopping for a
>>cane and wheelchair and all that stuff.
>
>If you get the "Compu-Potty" upgrade to your computer chair and move
>the fridge within reach of your PC you never have to worry about that
>stuff.

What?!? I didn't need to network my bathroom after all?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 11:36:46 PM

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:27:05 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
> >wrote:

> >>So is 41 old now? I need to know for next year. Got to go shopping for
> >>cane and wheelchair and all that stuff.
> >
> >If you get the "Compu-Potty" upgrade to your computer chair and move
> >the fridge within reach of your PC you never have to worry about that
> >stuff.
>
> What?!? I didn't need to network my bathroom after all?

Dude.... Why wire it anyway? A good laptop with a wireless setup and it'll
go anywhere in the house with you.... Just remember if you hide the laptop
under the pillow so your wife don't know you're playibg UO on the wireless
network after you both get into bed..... Well check into UO Anon... You
would be needin it in that case :{
And BTW....
You're old as you feel. I just turned 30 and never even felt it go by. :)

Alminair
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 12:38:00 AM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:36:46 GMT, "Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Dude.... Why wire it anyway? A good laptop with a wireless setup and it'll
>go anywhere in the house with you.... Just remember if you hide the laptop
>under the pillow so your wife don't know you're playibg UO on the wireless
>network after you both get into bed..... Well check into UO Anon... You
>would be needin it in that case :{

Wireless? No way I'm letting some neighbor with Airsnort crack my WEP and
learn my UO passwords.

>And BTW....
>You're old as you feel. I just turned 30 and never even felt it go by. :)

30? Pffft. You're just a baby!

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 4:35:51 AM

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:36:46 GMT, "Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Dude.... Why wire it anyway? A good laptop with a wireless setup and
it'll
> >go anywhere in the house with you.... Just remember if you hide the
laptop
> >under the pillow so your wife don't know you're playibg UO on the
wireless
> >network after you both get into bed..... Well check into UO Anon... You
> >would be needin it in that case :{
>
> Wireless? No way I'm letting some neighbor with Airsnort crack my WEP and
> learn my UO passwords.

Check Cisco Press. They have VERY good books on wireless security that makes
it worthwhile. Plus, I'd check into getting new neighbors if thats really a
concern. Main point though is that Wireless is like Unix. VERY holy....
Unless you know what you are doing.

> >And BTW....
> >You're old as you feel. I just turned 30 and never even felt it go by. :)
>
> 30? Pffft. You're just a baby!

Feel free to say that some more!! Glad someone thinks so! Thanks!

> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 10:25:44 PM

> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>Wireless? No way I'm letting some neighbor with Airsnort crack my WEP and
>>learn my UO passwords.

Not very likely really. Besides, you can always set the wireless to
connect by mac address and any address not in your list will be
disallowed.