team_honda22

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
I am currently trying to install a Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 Hard Drive using SATA but for some reason every time I try to install Windows, Windows tells me that it cannot find any hard disks. However, I know the hard drive is working because on load up the Raid Utility recognizes the hard drive. I think this might be a driver issue, does anyone have any idea where I can find the driver. I've looked on Maxtor's website but they don't have one to download.
My System:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 3000XP
Windows XP Profesional with Service Pack 1
Gainward FX5900 video card

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
When you start to boot off the XP CD, you'll see a prompt "hit tab key to install third party SCSI driver" or something similar. Do it!

But you'll need that driver on a floppy. Asus should have included a floppy with the driver, if not you'll have to extract the driver to a floppy from the motherboard CD before you proceed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>