Question about selling 7AE rares

Last response: in Video Games
July 16, 2004 10:38:43 PM

After setting up my new account I chose the Hearth of the Home Fire. To be
honest, I am now more interested in creating a fireplace using in-game
objects, so I was considering selling it. Question is, how much for? I was
hoping for something in the region of at least 500K, if not more... only a
guess, but...?

Shaun.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 10:38:44 PM

>After setting up my new account I chose the Hearth of the Home Fire.
I was
>hoping for something in the region of at least 500K, if not more... only a
>guess, but...?

Well, i've seen people trying to hock them for 1-2million, but no one's biting.
The problem with the 7th Anni gifts is that everyone's going to get them come
Sept., regardless of whether they bought the box or not, so there's no real
market demand for them, atm.

The Samurai helm, especially, is becoming a nice dust collector on vendors,
being priced at 2.5 million, usually.(it's only a dci helm with 60 resists, and
i got mine for free, as has everyone actually interested in using them.)

There's also the fact that if someone wants a gift, all they really need to do
is go online, or go to a store, buy a copy of the 7th anni box and bingo,
they've got a gift.

You might be able to get the 500k, but with the market basically consumed by
artifacts and...ugh...Sigil items, you might be bank sitting for awhile...

~Cyrus of Sosaria~

*Can anyone tell me WHY they made Sigil Items legal?? Walking into town only to
see every other person wearing bright, bleeding, lavenderish purple clothes &
weapons is making me avoid cities even more than i used to. Blaze was bad
enough, thanks EA...*
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 12:00:00 AM

cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>The Samurai helm, especially, is becoming a nice dust collector on vendors,
>being priced at 2.5 million, usually.(it's only a dci helm with 60 resists, and
>i got mine for free, as has everyone actually interested in using them.)

What I find interesting is that folks are willing to let high priced
sit without moving essentially forever...

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
July 18, 2004 2:07:18 AM

Derek Lyons wrote:

> cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
>

>The Samurai helm, especially, is becoming a nice dust collector on vendors,
>being priced at 2.5 million, usually.(it's only a dci helm with 60 resists, and
>i got mine for free, as has everyone actually interested in using them.)

Actually you paid $10 for it and $10 for the extra Character slot.
I STILL can not make Ultima 9 work right.

July 18, 2004 11:21:38 AM

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:07:18 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Derek Lyons wrote:
>
>> cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
>>

>>The Samurai helm, especially, is becoming a nice dust collector on vendors,
>>being priced at 2.5 million, usually.(it's only a dci helm with 60 resists, and
>>i got mine for free, as has everyone actually interested in using them.)
>>

> Actually you paid $10 for it and $10 for the extra Character slot.
>I STILL can not make Ultima 9 work right.

What's wrong with U9? Cleansed runes getting lost at the shrines?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>What I find interesting is that folks are willing to let high priced
>>sit without moving essentially forever...
>>

>I've been noticing alot of the vendors i pass by in my travels reducing both
>their vendors & prices the past couple weeks, so i think they're starting to
>feel it a bit...
>
>The game's run on greed anymore...

Hogwash. I'm past my third anniversary, and things are pretty much
the same as they ever were on that front.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:09:33 AM

On 18 Jul 2004 16:33:42 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>> Actually you paid $10 for it and $10 for the extra Character slot.
>>I STILL can not make Ultima 9 work right.
>>

>I gave up after i had just cleansed the shrine of sacrifice, then used a cheat
>to fly the avatar up into the air to grab the rune for the 5th time, the got
>back down to the ground, rotated the camera, and the screen went black, exited
>to the desktop and i lost two hours of work for the second time that day...
>

>Would it have KILLED them to go back, route around, FIX the goddamn game and
>release something stable for once, if they were going to include it at all???

I would bet a large sum of gp that EA doesn't have the source code to U9.
OSI was infamous for losing source code.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 6:50:03 PM

Cyrus of Sosaria wrote:

> I still vaguely recall the days when a full GM Valorite Plate set barely cost
> 50k...and Silver Vanq weapons were near the top of the price heap at 100-250k.

What happened to vanquesh weapons? What is the equal if any?

> Oh, and the days when there was such a thing as the local blacksmith, a player
> smith so well known in town for service & fairness that they got customers just
> by showing up near the forge...

You mean like Lord Touch of Clas ? =P There are a couple in Haven,
if "Wizard of Love" would goto Luna and check his proces against
Clas, he would have more customers.

July 19, 2004 6:54:10 PM

Rick Cortese wrote:

> I just rezed a tamer with a nightmare and white wyrm twice in 10 minutes
> at Deamon Temple. Both his pets died twice too.

GOOD!! It's about time LOL. I knew there was a reason I gave that
thing a WIDE berth when leaving Cyrus' house the last few times. I
think Ice is just anti-social, you can't even step up to the porch on
her house....

July 20, 2004 12:23:32 AM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:50:03 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Cyrus of Sosaria wrote:
>
>> I still vaguely recall the days when a full GM Valorite Plate set barely cost
>> 50k...and Silver Vanq weapons were near the top of the price heap at 100-250k.
>
>What happened to vanquesh weapons? What is the equal if any?

They just became simple +35 damage weapons. You know - the kind any GM
smith can pound out by the million. A vanquishing katana used to be
supreme. Now it's smelting fodder.

All the various abilities now on weapons are interesting but I'd still
like customized, nameable weapons that gain abilities with foes defeated.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
July 20, 2004 2:19:51 AM

"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
> >Hogwash. I'm past my third anniversary, and things are pretty much
> >the same as they ever were on that front.
> >

> It wasn't this bad when i started...armor cost less, for one...
>
> I can't fathom why anyone would pay 250-500k for ONE piece of armor,
simply
> because it has either 50-60 resists, or it's medable metal LRC...

My barbed runic kit gave me one piece of 68 resists and mana regen 2...that
is worth a fair bit in anyone's book I reckon. I know what you mean, but the
mechanics of the game are such that a suit of roughly 70s across the board
does make life a LOT easier. In my case, I won't buy the pieces, only craft
then or enhance loot. I'm tight and broke, and I enjoy the collecting of it,
often more than the using of it :)

> I still vaguely recall the days when a full GM Valorite Plate set barely
cost
> 50k...and Silver Vanq weapons were near the top of the price heap at
100-250k.

> Oh, and the days when there was such a thing as the local blacksmith, a
player
> smith so well known in town for service & fairness that they got customers
just
> by showing up near the forge...there's too many mules these days...
>
> *shakes his cane at the whipper snappers*
>
> Oh well, at least the professions are more balanced, warriors & mages are
> competitive enough to be fair, and tamer/bards don't rule the game to the
point
> that anyone not working on one hates their guts...
>
> ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Used to charge 25k for a Val plate suit...but made a Doom suit for someone I
met the other day....he insisted on giving me 100k for it, althoug I wasn't
after any more than 10 or 20. Shows how too much money is in the game
nowadays. For me as an aspiring (or failing ) vendor, the economy is the
biggest problem in the game.Insurance? Get rid of it. Then we might be able
to sell weapons again!

Archeon (had a decent dinner and several pints of good ale)
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:39:58 AM

Polychromic wrote:

BTW, if you make a +40 damage, +25 SSI, +30 life leech
> demon slaying katana, let me know. :)

*raises hand* I'll take two, will you take a check?

--
July 20, 2004 11:52:42 AM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:54:10 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net>
wrote:

>Rick Cortese wrote:
>

>> I just rezed a tamer with a nightmare and white wyrm twice in 10 minutes
>> at Deamon Temple. Both his pets died twice too.
>
> GOOD!! It's about time LOL. I knew there was a reason I gave that
>thing a WIDE berth when leaving Cyrus' house the last few times. I
>think Ice is just anti-social, you can't even step up to the porch on
>her house....

That's because my room mates have some non-fighter characters and they
do now like to wake up to "red ants" in the house. I would much rather
have an open house, but with an ant hole as close as that one to the house,
its not safe. Drop by some time when I am there, and I will grant access.

Ice
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 11:52:43 AM

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:52:42 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:54:10 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Rick Cortese wrote:
>>

>>> I just rezed a tamer with a nightmare and white wyrm twice in 10 minutes
>>> at Deamon Temple. Both his pets died twice too.
>>
>> GOOD!! It's about time LOL. I knew there was a reason I gave that
>>thing a WIDE berth when leaving Cyrus' house the last few times. I
>>think Ice is just anti-social, you can't even step up to the porch on
>>her house....
>
>That's because my room mates have some non-fighter characters and they
>do now like to wake up to "red ants" in the house. I would much rather
>have an open house, but with an ant hole as close as that one to the house,
>its not safe. Drop by some time when I am there, and I will grant access.

Well, any owner or co-owner can hide 100% in their homes now, so you could
just do that and leave the house open. I guess that wouldn't help if you
were logging in with a pet though.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
July 20, 2004 3:25:50 PM

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> Polychromic wrote:
>
> BTW, if you make a +40 damage, +25 SSI, +30 life leech
> > demon slaying katana, let me know. :)
> >

> *raises hand* I'll take two, will you take a check?
>
> --

*cackles*
Sure, there may even be a "buy one, get one free" offer on the vendor ATM...

Archeon
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:33:22 PM

Polychromic wrote:

> Well, any owner or co-owner can hide 100% in their homes now, so you could
> just do that and leave the house open. I guess that wouldn't help if you
> were logging in with a pet though.

My necro is studying hiding and I did so with a little blue
vacuume following me. When I hid, he did too.

--
July 21, 2004 5:00:20 AM

> > In my case, I won't buy the pieces, only craft
> >then or enhance loot.
>
> *nods vigorously*
>
> Best way to do it, really...just wish my smith could get some bods worth
more
> than a sturdy shovel or a pair of gloves...
> The Bod system must be bugged somehow, haven't seen a bod worth even a DC
runic
> hammer in months...it's almost humiliating when a GM+ smith(102.3:p ) is
offered
> 10ct Normal Katanas...
>
> *grumbles*
> ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Aye, the smithing BOD system has never given me more than a bronze runic
hammer; although I've had a few of those, they are still only any good for
weapons. Tailoring seems to me to be running about right, except maybe it is
too easy to get a scroll.

depressing PS - It doesn't get any better when you get to legendary smith!!

Archeon
July 21, 2004 7:19:58 AM

On 20 Jul 2004 18:02:00 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>> In my case, I won't buy the pieces, only craft
>>then or enhance loot.
>
>*nods vigorously*
>
>Best way to do it, really...just wish my smith could get some bods worth more
>than a sturdy shovel or a pair of gloves...
>The Bod system must be bugged somehow, haven't seen a bod worth even a DC runic
>hammer in months...it's almost humiliating when a GM+ smith(102.3:p ) is offered
>10ct Normal Katanas...
>
>*grumbles*
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~
Would you please put a drop chest or keg where I can get to it in your house?
I have some BOD's that will get you some runic's and other stuff. I can never
find you at home when I am on.

Ice
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:57:23 AM

isnt anythirn rare worth 20mil these days?

"Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> After setting up my new account I chose the Hearth of the Home Fire. To be
> honest, I am now more interested in creating a fireplace using in-game
> objects, so I was considering selling it. Question is, how much for? I was
> hoping for something in the region of at least 500K, if not more... only a
> guess, but...?
>
> Shaun.

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:59:58 AM

I does seem that way doesn't it?

"EggBert" <EggzRnice@the.henhouse.Bok> wrote in message
> isnt anythirn rare worth 20mil these days?
>
> "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > After setting up my new account I chose the Hearth of the Home Fire. To
be
> > honest, I am now more interested in creating a fireplace using in-game
> > objects, so I was considering selling it. Question is, how much for? I
was
> > hoping for something in the region of at least 500K, if not more... only
> > guess, but...?
> >
> > Shaun.

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 11:51:14 AM

wrote:

>> In my case, I won't buy the pieces, only craft
>>then or enhance loot.
>
>*nods vigorously*
>
>Best way to do it, really...just wish my smith could get some bods worth more
>than a sturdy shovel or a pair of gloves...
>The Bod system must be bugged somehow, haven't seen a bod worth even a DC runic
>hammer in months...it's almost humiliating when a GM+ smith(102.3:p ) is offered
>10ct Normal Katanas...
>
>*grumbles*
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Jeeze... Seems the smith BOD system is even more gimped than I'd
thought. I've gotten 2 BODs worth a barbed runic kit with my tailor in
the last week. I would think that given metal armor's current
inferiority to the leather variety it would at least be easier to get
the equipment to make useable sets of it.
!