UO's new expansion is Called Samurai Empire?, haha

Last response: in Video Games
July 18, 2004 6:29:41 AM

http://www.uo.com/uose.html

Welcome to Samurai Empire!
Ultima Online: Samurai Empire marks a new era in the legendary online RPG as
it expands to include a new exotic land to explore and two deadly
professions to master.

Key Features:

a.. Become a Samurai Master -- Dedicate yourself to the art of Bushido,
with powerful new skills and deadly new weapons.

b.. Join an Elite Ninja Clan -- Submit to the discipline of Ninjitsu,
mastering stealth, deception, and the art of assassination.

c.. Adventure on a New Continent -- Explore a new Japanese-themed land
filled with scenic housing areas, mythical creatures, monsters, dungeons,
and more.

d.. Lay Claim to Exotic New Treasures -- New weapons, armor, clothing,
house tiles, magic and more will reward the adventurous.

e.. Powerful New Guild Systems -- Create a guild, set up ranks, declare
wars on other guilds, and set win conditions. Recruiting new members and
increasing your power have never been easier.

SAMURAI
Trained in Art of Bushido: Bushido grants a bonus to several warrior skills
and special moves.

Samurai Special Abilities

a.. Honorable Execution: An attempt to eliminate an enemy with a single
attack.
b.. Lightning Strike: A ferocious and fast single attack with a 50 percent
hit bonus.
c.. Whirlwind: A samurai's powers increase the more enemies he's fighting.
d.. 4 other special abilities.

NINJA
Trained in Art of Ninjitsu: Ninjitsu grants a bonus to several fighting and
stealth skills.

Ninja Special Abilities
a.. Mirror Image: Creates up to four mirror images of a ninja, confusing
enemies.
b.. Smoke Bomb: Ninjas can craft smoke bombs, that when used, can cause
them to "disappear".
c.. Animal form: Ninjas can take the form of seemingly harmless creatures
(wolves, Serpents and others) that allow them to move freely among their
enemies.
d.. 4 other special abilities.

MONSTERS
More than 15 new creatures, based on Japanese folklore.

a.. The Hai Riyo: A flying Dragon that's extremely tough, but can be tamed
and ridden.
b.. The Fan Dancer: Beautiful but deadly, her fans are as sharp as Samurai
swords. She is said to guard her master's treasures and secrets.
c.. The Lady of the Snow: An undead spirit, she haunts the frozen tundras
of Tokuno. She can turn you into ice with but a touch.
d.. Other creatures include demons (oni), sea creatures, undead,
elementals and many others.

THE TOKUNO ISLANDS
Rumors of its existence first appeared in Ultima 1, when it was known as the
Land of the Feudal Lords.

a.. Three new locations for player housing
b.. One major city, full of shops and services. (New Samurai and Ninja
start here)
c.. Two large dungeons
d.. Three Virtue shrines
e.. Several terrain types: Swamps, mountains, forests, jungles, deserts,
frozen tundra and more
PLAYER HOUSING
A huge array of new options:
a.. Build Farms, Residences, Tea Houses, Pagodoas, Temples, and Castles.
b.. New kinds of flooring, Walls, doors, stairs, and roofs.
c.. New landscaping options, including sand gardens and rock gardens.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 6:29:42 AM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:29:41 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

Still trolling, I see.

--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

Reg LeCrisp wrote:
> http://www.uo.com/uose.html
>
> Welcome to Samurai Empire!

One of the early Ultimas was Savage Empire IIRC. I think I may still
have the comic book that came with it laying around.

This game is still *HUGE* in the far east. I occasionally login to
Hokuto to check out my villa/characters and I can't believe how crowded
the housing situation is. I don't see a lot of people playing, mostly
house placing and decorating me thinks.
July 18, 2004 12:11:13 PM

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

> a.. Become a Samurai Master -- Dedicate yourself to the art of Bushido,
> with powerful new skills and deadly new weapons.
>
> b.. Join an Elite Ninja Clan -- Submit to the discipline of Ninjitsu,
> mastering stealth, deception, and the art of assassination.

Hope this doesn't mean this class is PVP only.

> c.. Adventure on a New Continent -- Explore a new Japanese-themed land
> filled with scenic housing areas, mythical creatures, monsters, dungeons,
> and more.

Don't we already have enough of an urban sprawl making a mess of the
landscape? Are we still having the old houses collapse?

> d.. Lay Claim to Exotic New Treasures -- New weapons, armor, clothing,
> house tiles, magic and more will reward the adventurous.

In other words a more normal Samurai Helm, making the 7AE one less desirable
IMO.

> e.. Powerful New Guild Systems -- Create a guild, set up ranks, declare
> wars on other guilds, and set win conditions. Recruiting new members and
> increasing your power have never been easier.
>
> SAMURAI
> Trained in Art of Bushido: Bushido grants a bonus to several warrior
skills
> and special moves.
>
> Samurai Special Abilities
>
> a.. Honorable Execution: An attempt to eliminate an enemy with a single
> attack.
> b.. Lightning Strike: A ferocious and fast single attack with a 50
percent
> hit bonus.
> c.. Whirlwind: A samurai's powers increase the more enemies he's
fighting.
> d.. 4 other special abilities.

Sounds to me like a Paladin in funny clothing.

> NINJA
> Trained in Art of Ninjitsu: Ninjitsu grants a bonus to several fighting
and
> stealth skills.
>
> Ninja Special Abilities
> a.. Mirror Image: Creates up to four mirror images of a ninja, confusing
> enemies.
> b.. Smoke Bomb: Ninjas can craft smoke bombs, that when used, can cause
> them to "disappear".
> c.. Animal form: Ninjas can take the form of seemingly harmless
creatures
> (wolves, Serpents and others) that allow them to move freely among their
> enemies.
> d.. 4 other special abilities.

Of course my mage can also vanish or turn into an animal.

<snip>

> THE TOKUNO ISLANDS
> Rumors of its existence first appeared in Ultima 1, when it was known as
the
> Land of the Feudal Lords.

That isn't a map on the website is it? (the thumbnail on the UOSE site)
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 2:48:20 PM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:11:13 GMT, "The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote:

>"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:
>
>> b.. Join an Elite Ninja Clan -- Submit to the discipline of Ninjitsu,
>> mastering stealth, deception, and the art of assassination.
>
>Hope this doesn't mean this class is PVP only.

No, you can stealth up a Lord of the Abyss and a$$a$$inate him. Oops.
Darn filter. OoooOOOoooOOOooo.

>> c.. Adventure on a New Continent -- Explore a new Japanese-themed land
>> filled with scenic housing areas, mythical creatures, monsters, dungeons,
>> and more.
>
>Don't we already have enough of an urban sprawl making a mess of the
>landscape? Are we still having the old houses collapse?

I hope the new house styles are permitted only in the new landmass. I
wonder how those intricate roofs will work. In a top down game, roofs are
not really needed.

>> d.. Lay Claim to Exotic New Treasures -- New weapons, armor, clothing,
>> house tiles, magic and more will reward the adventurous.

*still waiting for two-handed Paladin sword*

>> SAMURAI
>> Trained in Art of Bushido: Bushido grants a bonus to several warrior
>skills and special moves.

Somehow, a horde of computer geeks trained in the "way of the bush" seems
wide open to innuendo.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
=====================================================================jgs

July 18, 2004 8:28:46 PM

>Don't we already have enough of an urban sprawl making a mess of the
>landscape? Are we still having the old houses collapse?

Houses are still dropping, but i guess not fast enough for the people that want
'em...there's quite a few servers with more players than available housing
space, and there's always the people with a half dozen accounts, each with
their own house...

I'm glad when a person who hasn't played very long and has just barely managed
to scrape together the cash for the housing tool, finds a spot to place their
first home, and it bugs me seeing the multi-accounters selling off homes they
feel pretty confident in being able to replace with ease...

>In other words a more normal Samurai Helm, making the 7AE one less desirable
>IMO.

Have you seen the samurai armor, though?
*drools*

Been waiting since the Juka first popped up and we got...ugh...dragon armor,
for this.
*gets a mop*

>> Rumors of its existence first appeared in Ultima 1, when it was known as
>the
>> Land of the Feudal Lords.
>>

>That isn't a map on the website is it? (the thumbnail on the UOSE site)

Stratics has a clearer map, with a comparison map to the original Lands of the
Feudal Lords from Ultima 1. It's rather impressive how much Tokuno resembles
the Feudal Lands, yet they also look like they've had centuries of isolation
and change...(got rid of the giant troll, for one. hehe)

I, for one, can't wait for this expansion. The Samurai armor looks great, i
swear i saw new models for 3d on Stratics that very closely resembled their 2D
counterparts, and the Ninja sounds like fun, even if a few of the abilities
that have popped up so far sound like cheap rip-offs of mage spells...
Would be cool if Shurikens are introduced, and "archery" is changed to
something more general like "ranged weapons"(and gets the Ranger skill title,
like it always should have had, but i digress), and we see roving bands of
former archers whirling deadly shuriken at the critters of Sosaria. :)

Now if they just got back to what happened to Ilshen and the other survivors of
the shattering that were dropped in the lands that became Ilshenar(if i recall
the backstory correctly, Ilshenar was also created during the shattering of the
gem of immortailty, and was one of the original lands...with a little twisting,
it most closely resembles the Lands of Danger and Despair...)

This game's vast backstory has way too many loose ends anymore...like, what the
heck ever happened to Dawn? Thought she was supposed to be our new leader after
a sorts, or some sort of female Avatar...

*shrugs*
~Cyrus of Sosaria~

*For more info, and some maps of the various incarnations of Sosaria
&Britannia, check out my brother's slightly defunct website at
http://stonegate.palidorsnest.net/, you can even grab a nice font he did up a
couple years back that will let you type in Runic. :)  Hope you can read runic,
though, all the subsections are kinda labeled with it unless you mouse over...*
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 9:00:54 PM

No one is listening to ya WindsorFox and his cool leet [SS] clan, haha.

Go do something more productive then Troll warning threads, like find a job
!! You Welfare loser !

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
news:D euKc.2963$_K2.2@lakeread02...
> Polychromic wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:11:13 GMT, "The Unbound" <non@valid.email> wrote:
> >

> >>"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:
> >>
> +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
> | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
> | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
> | | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
> | Thank you, | ( (-) )
> | Management | /`-vvv-'\
> +-------------------+ / \
> | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
> | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
> @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
> \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
> \||/ | | | (______Y______)
> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
> =====================================================================jgs

July 18, 2004 10:02:34 PM

Troll From Comcast wrote:

> No one is listening to ya WindsorFox

_ _ __________________
/|| /|| | PLEASE DO NOT |
|||_||| | FEED THE TROLLS |
/ O O\__ | Thanks! |
/ \ | -The Management |
/ \ \|__________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |_____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |

July 19, 2004 4:26:53 AM

Sounds like fun. I wonder what type of things we can grow on the farmlands.
Hope it is more than just vegetables or regs. I also hope the new housing
spots are planned out and pre configured. The massive waste of houses after
houses in Malas is terrible.

HDTV games lists and disucussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

news:p glKc.104062$MB3.58842@attbi_s04...