Sign in with
Your question

Memory utilities

Last response: in Memory
November 9, 2003 3:49:56 PM

I am trying to find the serial number and model number info for an IBM Thinkpad, apparently this is contained in a block of memory in the range 000F0000h to 000FFFA0h Can anyone suggest a memory search utility that would find the letters VPD in this part of memory please ? THANKS

More about : memory utilities

November 10, 2003 4:42:53 PM

After spending hours downloading this 40 Megabyte program over a slow connection , transferring it to a CD and then to my IBM Thinkpad, the results were a big ZILCH. This program seems to be similar to SiSoft Sandra and is totally unsuited to looking at what's in memory. I have a feeling there are DOS utilites like DUMP or whatever that can do what I want but cannot find enough detail about them, I'm using Windows XP.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 11, 2003 3:48:10 PM

Debug with the proper command line argument I think could do what you want. Debug is free with windows. I think there is a "d" argument that when called properly with the address range will display the contents of the memory range. Of course turning the information therein into English is up to you.

There is prolly help files and stuff on the microsoft site to help get you going.
!