What's the status of the Zoogi fungus quest?

I never have converted any fungus to powder. The last I recall there was
talk of this quest being broken. Is it fixed now? What exactly does this
quest entail? How much can the queen convert at once?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:02:06 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I never have converted any fungus to powder. The last I recall there was
>talk of this quest being broken. Is it fixed now? What exactly does this
>quest entail? How much can the queen convert at once?

It's been a several weeks since I last ran that quest, as far as I
know it's still working. It would be really stupid to remove it.

If you don't already have a Pet Ball and a Sending Bag, do the
Ambitious Queen quest first.

Get yourself a plant seed (any type) and 8 jugs of water.

Go to the central area of the Red Sollen hive and give the Matriarch
the seed.

Accept Quest.

Kill 7 (or is it 8?) Black Sollen.

Talk to Matriarch.

Pour the 8 jugs of water into the vats.

Talk to Matriarch.

Give Matriarch your Zoogi.

She will convert up to 200 Zoogi for you. (2 zoogi = 1 powder)

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:44:57 -0500, Jaeger Prelac <jprelac@softhome.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:02:06 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I never have converted any fungus to powder. The last I recall there was
>>talk of this quest being broken. Is it fixed now? What exactly does this
>>quest entail? How much can the queen convert at once?
>
>It's been a several weeks since I last ran that quest, as far as I
>know it's still working. It would be really stupid to remove it.

I didn't mean to imply they were going to remove it - just that it was
broken for a long time and I wondered if it was working.

>If you don't already have a Pet Ball and a Sending Bag, do the
>Ambitious Queen quest first.

A pet ball? Never seen a pet ball. Do they have a large carrying
capacity?

I am assuming from your mentioning the bags of sending that one cannot
mark a recall rune near the queen.

>Get yourself a plant seed (any type) and 8 jugs of water.
>
>Go to the central area of the Red Sollen hive and give the Matriarch
>the seed.
>
>Accept Quest.
>
>Kill 7 (or is it 8?) Black Sollen.
>
>Talk to Matriarch.
>
>Pour the 8 jugs of water into the vats.
>
>Talk to Matriarch.
>
>Give Matriarch your Zoogi.
>
>She will convert up to 200 Zoogi for you. (2 zoogi = 1 powder)

That is all she will do? Then you have to do the quest over or that is
how many she will do at a time but you can stand there and feed her more
piles of 200 zoogi?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:01:46 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:44:57 -0500, Jaeger Prelac <jprelac@softhome.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:02:06 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I never have converted any fungus to powder. The last I recall there was
>>>talk of this quest being broken. Is it fixed now? What exactly does this
>>>quest entail? How much can the queen convert at once?
>>
>>It's been a several weeks since I last ran that quest, as far as I
>>know it's still working. It would be really stupid to remove it.
>
>I didn't mean to imply they were going to remove it - just that it was
>broken for a long time and I wondered if it was working.
>
>>If you don't already have a Pet Ball and a Sending Bag, do the
>>Ambitious Queen quest first.
>
>A pet ball? Never seen a pet ball. Do they have a large carrying
>capacity?

A pet summoning crystal ball. You use them to summon your pet from
the stable when your not near the stable.
Very handy for when you want to get where your going without a pet
wondering off on your way there.

>I am assuming from your mentioning the bags of sending that one cannot
>mark a recall rune near the queen.
>
>>Get yourself a plant seed (any type) and 8 jugs of water.
>>
>>Go to the central area of the Red Sollen hive and give the Matriarch
>>the seed.
>>
>>Accept Quest.
>>
>>Kill 7 (or is it 8?) Black Sollen.
>>
>>Talk to Matriarch.
>>
>>Pour the 8 jugs of water into the vats.
>>
>>Talk to Matriarch.
>>
>>Give Matriarch your Zoogi.
>>
>>She will convert up to 200 Zoogi for you. (2 zoogi = 1 powder)
>
>That is all she will do? Then you have to do the quest over or that is
>how many she will do at a time but you can stand there and feed her more
>piles of 200 zoogi?

Nop, you have to kill 7 of the black ants and dump 7 jugs of water in
the tubs each time. In other words, you have to do the quest over and
over for each 100 bags of powder.

Ice

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:39:07 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:01:46 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>A pet ball? Never seen a pet ball. Do they have a large carrying
>>capacity?
>>
>A pet summoning crystal ball. You use them to summon your pet from
>the stable when your not near the stable.
>Very handy for when you want to get where your going without a pet
>wondering off on your way there.

Oh, I should have realized. I've seen those on vendors. My only "pets"
are ethereal horses and ostards, plus one blue beetle for my blacksmith to
help lugging ore about. I think I might have gotten him from you even. :)

A pet ball would have been interesting though. I was imagining a cross
between one of those giant balls from The Prisoner and a tribble.

>>That is all she will do? Then you have to do the quest over or that is
>>how many she will do at a time but you can stand there and feed her more
>>piles of 200 zoogi?
>
>Nop, you have to kill 7 of the black ants and dump 7 jugs of water in
>the tubs each time. In other words, you have to do the quest over and
>over for each 100 bags of powder.

Ugh. I guess I won't bother to save fungi anymore. I have about 10K of
them that I have been accumulating while training up my new paladin and
reworking my treasure hunter. I wonder if they will sell on a vendor...

--

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 05:36:21 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:39:07 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>>Nop, you have to kill 7 of the black ants and dump 7 jugs of water in
>>the tubs each time. In other words, you have to do the quest over and
>>over for each 100 bags of powder.
>
>Ugh. I guess I won't bother to save fungi anymore. I have about 10K of
>them that I have been accumulating while training up my new paladin and
>reworking my treasure hunter. I wonder if they will sell on a vendor...

Just do the quest. It's only 50 trips :)

Gather some friends and make a day of it. Didn't Cyrus mention a
crawl recently?

More importantly, don't you need the powder for your Bag of Sending?
I'm getting the impression that the people here don't use them.

archeon

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> A pet ball would have been interesting though. I was imagining a cross
> between one of those giant balls from The Prisoner and a tribble.

Hmmm.... decrease the dosage by 3 milligrams!

Archeon

archeon

"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
And if you've got a spare thorn lying
> about, head for a desert during the quest to get a Fire Red seed by using
the
> thorn to burrow into the secret egg chamber.

Any desert? My partner is trying to grow one of every colour and type of
plant, and wants the rares if possible...

Archeon

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:50:00 +0100, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net> wrote:

>"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
> And if you've got a spare thorn lying
>> about, head for a desert during the quest to get a Fire Red seed by using
>the
>> thorn to burrow into the secret egg chamber.
>
>Any desert? My partner is trying to grow one of every colour and type of
>plant, and wants the rares if possible...
>
>Archeon

Any sand area. I use the beach behind our Tavern.

Ice

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:54:58 -0500, Jaeger Prelac <jprelac@softhome.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 05:36:21 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:39:07 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:
>
>>>Nop, you have to kill 7 of the black ants and dump 7 jugs of water in
>>>the tubs each time. In other words, you have to do the quest over and
>>>over for each 100 bags of powder.
>>
>>Ugh. I guess I won't bother to save fungi anymore. I have about 10K of
>>them that I have been accumulating while training up my new paladin and
>>reworking my treasure hunter. I wonder if they will sell on a vendor...
>
>Just do the quest. It's only 50 trips :)
>
>Gather some friends and make a day of it. Didn't Cyrus mention a
>crawl recently?
>
>More importantly, don't you need the powder for your Bag of Sending?
>I'm getting the impression that the people here don't use them.

Well I did the quest and got some powder. When I went to apply it, the
bad of sending was "saturated" and unusable. So I'm not bothering to do
it again. Talk about your lame ass bait and switch.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>Well I did the quest and got some powder. When I went to apply it, the
>bad of sending was "saturated" and unusable. So I'm not bothering to do
>it again. Talk about your lame ass bait and switch.

Was the bag fully charged? The limit is 30 charges at a time, to help limit
someone being able to camp a high money spawn 24/7...
Of course, considering the items you send don't even need to be in your bag,
you can just hunt, and leave the gold piling on the ground, send a as much
money and resources as you please at a time...

I seem to recall someone from Adam Ant's crew hunting Destard with a beetle and
a bag of sending for nearly 10 hours when they first came out, and just sending
100k or more at a time. They collected thousands of horned and barbed hides,
and more gems than they bothered to count...

If you bought the bag, there's also the chance you got ripped off and someone
sold you a used bag...after a few hundred recharges, bags of sending no longer
take charges of powder and you have to either buy or quest for a new one...(if
you quest a new one, i wouldn't worry about this, though, it took months,
literally, for my first bag of sending to get saturated to the point of
uselessness.)

Give it a chance, man, the bag of sending is a sanity saver on a long
hunt!(it's saved my ass a few times, too, when i get careless hunting casters
and wind up getting whacked with a weaken when i'm over my under-weaken
weight-limit...just hit my send gold UOA macro and the problem is solved, and i
can get a few yards between me and the pack of liches while my bandages take
effect.)

~Cyrus of Sosaria~

*Hope you didn't get hosed though, but Honesty seems to be one virtue that is
truly lacking in alot of the citizens of Sosaria right now...hell, i was
targeted for a scam a week ago, someone trying to get Samurai helmets...i
laughed in the peon's face and told them i've been playing too many years to
get reeled in by the trick they were trying to pull...*

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:37:53 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Well I did the quest and got some powder. When I went to apply it, the
>bad of sending was "saturated" and unusable. So I'm not bothering to do
>it again. Talk about your lame ass bait and switch.

Sorry about the delay making the offer, but my mage wasn't strong
enough to hunt Sollen till last weekend. I still contend that the bag
of sending is a necessity for every char. I'd be happy to give you a
bag, if someone hasn't already.

Side not to Cyrus, thanks for suggesting a macro for bag use. I
usually only macro the arduous tasks, dunno why, but the bag macro is
a number one hit. Thanks again.