I've lost my ship!

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2004 2:15:33 AM

Can anyone help me, (in-game or out)?

I was returning from Nu'Jelm to Britain in my new ship, when we hit a
Water Elemental. Before I could arm myself & perform any evasive
maneuvers, I was looking real good in my new grey cloak.

I couldn't seem to get the tillerman to carry on to Britain, SO I used
the in-game help & decided to telelport to Britain to res. It seemed
a good idea at the time...

I realised after the fact, it wasn't such a good idea and used the
in-game Help to request assistance. I was thinking I'd either be
placed on my ship, or it would be docked nearby, but the in-game
assistance told me to check out heir website etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Right now, I'm hoping a guild-mate of another of my characters will
give me a lift out there...

Cheers,
Mark
aka Cuthalion (Catskills)

More about : lost ship

August 9, 2004 9:36:25 AM

On 8 Aug 2004 22:15:33 -0700, m_duddridge@hotmail.com (Mark Duddridge) wrote:

>Can anyone help me, (in-game or out)?
>
>I was returning from Nu'Jelm to Britain in my new ship, when we hit a
>Water Elemental. Before I could arm myself & perform any evasive
>maneuvers, I was looking real good in my new grey cloak.
>
>I couldn't seem to get the tillerman to carry on to Britain, SO I used
>the in-game help & decided to telelport to Britain to res. It seemed
>a good idea at the time...
>
>I realised after the fact, it wasn't such a good idea and used the
>in-game Help to request assistance. I was thinking I'd either be
>placed on my ship, or it would be docked nearby, but the in-game
>assistance told me to check out heir website etc.
>
>Anyone any ideas?
>
>Right now, I'm hoping a guild-mate of another of my characters will
>give me a lift out there...
>
>Cheers,
>Mark
>aka Cuthalion (Catskills)

When you put your boat in the water, a key for the boat was placed
in your bank box. Go to the bank and get that key and use it like
a rune. (Cast recall, and target the key)
The key will take you to your boat.

Good luck,

Ice
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 11:58:44 AM

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:36:25 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On 8 Aug 2004 22:15:33 -0700, m_duddridge@hotmail.com (Mark Duddridge) wrote:
>
>>Can anyone help me, (in-game or out)?
>>
>>I was returning from Nu'Jelm to Britain in my new ship, when we hit a
>>Water Elemental. Before I could arm myself & perform any evasive
>>maneuvers, I was looking real good in my new grey cloak.
>>
>>I couldn't seem to get the tillerman to carry on to Britain, SO I used
>>the in-game help & decided to telelport to Britain to res. It seemed
>>a good idea at the time...
>>
>>I realised after the fact, it wasn't such a good idea and used the
>>in-game Help to request assistance. I was thinking I'd either be
>>placed on my ship, or it would be docked nearby, but the in-game
>>assistance told me to check out heir website etc.
>>
>>Anyone any ideas?
>>
>>Right now, I'm hoping a guild-mate of another of my characters will
>>give me a lift out there...
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Mark
>>aka Cuthalion (Catskills)
>

>When you put your boat in the water, a key for the boat was placed
>in your bank box. Go to the bank and get that key and use it like
>a rune. (Cast recall, and target the key)
>The key will take you to your boat.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Ice

What she said. :)

And take a friend to help with the Water Elemental. :)
August 9, 2004 1:23:25 PM

m_duddridge@hotmail.com (Mark Duddridge) wrote in message news:<7299feff.0408082115.7f32540e@posting.google.com>...
> Can anyone help me, (in-game or out)?
<snip>

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize the key worked like a recall
rune, (obviously). Now just got to get me some recall scrolls!

Cheers,
Mark.
--------------------
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team
work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
--Vincent Thomas Lombardi, 1913-1970
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 6:58:50 PM

m_duddridge@hotmail.com (Mark Duddridge) wrote in message news:<7299feff.0408090823.15301e23@posting.google.com>...
<snip>
> Now just got to get me some recall scrolls!

*Feels even more like an idiot as he found a spellbook w/ a Recall
spell in his bankbox, which he forgot about*

Well... I finally got to my boat.
Good news: it was still there and no nasties were encountered in the 2
minute trip to Britain, (yes, I was that close :| ).
Bad news: the corpses and my lovely equipment were gone.
Okay news: I was lightly, and poorly equipped, my composite bow with a
tweak or two being the only "decent" thing I lost.

And so ends this lesson from "Feeling lke a Newbie 101"! *lol*

Cheers,
Mark.
(aka Cuthalion - Catskills)
!