Win7 x64: Bluetooth adapter spontaneously disconnecting

Hi all, I am having a strange problem with my Bluetooth on my laptop as outlined below:

Background: I have an ASUS G51JX laptop and running Win7 64-bit. I often pair it with my Nokia E71 via bluetooth and Nokia PC Suite.

Problem: However, the only way I can get it to work is after I restart. If I connect it shortly thereafter, then everything is fine and dandy. If not, then after a while, approx. 10 minutes, I hear the sound of a device disconnecting for no real reason (same sound as when disconnecting any other device). Then I can no longer connect it via bluetooth until I reboot.

Symptoms: The bluetooth icon disappears from the system tray, control panel, and device manager. When I attempt to install new drivers, the bluetooth adapter cannot be detected. It's as if it was physically disconnected.

Question: What can I do to make sure it doesn't disconnect on me spontaneously?

Any help would be really appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about win7 bluetooth adapter spontaneously disconnecting
  1. Just for reference to others who may have the same problem in the future. After a good night's sleep, I wondered if it might be related to power management. I quickly went into the device manager and noted that it was checked on: "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I unchecked it, and it has been working ever since.
  2. Just for reference to others who may have the same problem in the future. After a good night's sleep, I wondered if it might be related to power management. I quickly went into the device manager and noted that it was checked on: "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I unchecked it, and it has been working ever since.

"It seems worked for me, thank you very much!" Anderson Tagata
  3. try checking both device. or maybe hardware problems.
  4. Nightsabre said:
    Hi all, I am having a strange problem with my Bluetooth on my laptop as outlined below:

Background: I have an ASUS G51JX laptop and running Win7 64-bit. I often pair it with my Nokia E71 via bluetooth and Nokia PC Suite.

Problem: However, the only way I can get it to work is after I restart. If I connect it shortly thereafter, then everything is fine and dandy. If not, then after a while, approx. 10 minutes, I hear the sound of a device disconnecting for no real reason (same sound as when disconnecting any other device). Then I can no longer connect it via bluetooth until I reboot.

Symptoms: The bluetooth icon disappears from the system tray, control panel, and device manager. When I attempt to install new drivers, the bluetooth adapter cannot be detected. It's as if it was physically disconnected.

Question: What can I do to make sure it doesn't disconnect on me spontaneously?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I have the same problem where all devices connected to the bluetooth dongle disconnects, i download intel and Brodcom bluetooth driver and hae unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from all the Hubs in the "universal serial bus controllers" section and for the dongle itself, im still having issues

Im using win 10 is there any way to fix it? Its driving me NUTS!
Ask a new question

Read More

Bluetooth Laptops Connection