newbie needs advice pls

re: uo packages

hey all

I am thinking of signing up for UO but when i went to my online store to
purchase the game i was astonished to find loads of different versions of
the game.
Could someone tell me exactly which packages i need to get started?

many thanks in advance

tb
8 answers Last reply
More about newbie advice
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:44:09 GMT, "journalist1" <journalist1@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >re: uo packages
    >
    >hey all
    >
    >I am thinking of signing up for UO but when i went to my online store to
    >purchase the game i was astonished to find loads of different versions of
    >the game.
    >Could someone tell me exactly which packages i need to get started?
    >
    >many thanks in advance
    >
    >tb

    If possible just get the latest version so you won't need to patch up as
    much when first connecting. The latest is the 7th Anniversary edition
    (although the clients included are identical to the older Age of Shadows
    edition.)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Too late - this game is dead

    "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:44:09 GMT, "journalist1" <journalist1@ntlworld.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >re: uo packages
    > >
    > >hey all
    > >
    > >I am thinking of signing up for UO but when i went to my online store to
    > >purchase the game i was astonished to find loads of different versions of
    > >the game.
    > >Could someone tell me exactly which packages i need to get started?
    > >
    > >many thanks in advance
    > >
    > >tb
    >
    > If possible just get the latest version so you won't need to patch up as
    > much when first connecting. The latest is the 7th Anniversary edition
    > (although the clients included are identical to the older Age of Shadows
    > edition.)
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Eula Wood wrote:

    > Too late - this game is dead

    And this is a moron that's never been to the Brit bank on
    Atlantic, Pacific or Europa.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Eula Wood" <magisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Too late - this game is dead

    Well, in that case you won't need to hang around this NG any more, will you?

    Archeon
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "journalist1" <journalist1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<twoSc.308$Hw4.40@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>...
    > re: uo packages
    >
    > hey all
    >
    > I am thinking of signing up for UO but when i went to my online store to
    > purchase the game i was astonished to find loads of different versions of
    > the game.
    > Could someone tell me exactly which packages i need to get started?
    >
    > many thanks in advance
    >
    > tb

    If you can get it then I suggest you buy the 7th Anniversary copy, you
    can get it from dvdboxoffice.com and the delivery is free. Otherwise I
    believe you can download a copy for free still but dont know the url
    to the site that was doing it. Check back in this news group I am sure
    the link has been posted before.
    Good luck and enjoy the game, it is still great fun despite what some
    morons on here will lead you to believe.
    cheers
    Shonenknife
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message news:<mgwSc.27088$Jo1.3999@lakeread01>...
    > > Too late - this game is dead
    > >
    > And this is a moron that's never been to the Brit bank on
    > Atlantic, Pacific or Europa.

    Or Catskills.

    Cheers,
    M.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    dead?

    what exactly do you mean?

    tb

    "Eula Wood" <magisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Too late - this game is dead
    >
    > "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:44:09 GMT, "journalist1"
    <journalist1@ntlworld.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >re: uo packages
    > > >
    > > >hey all
    > > >
    > > >I am thinking of signing up for UO but when i went to my online store
    > > >purchase the game i was astonished to find loads of different versions
    of
    > > >the game.
    > > >Could someone tell me exactly which packages i need to get started?
    > > >
    > > >many thanks in advance
    > > >
    > > >tb
    > >
    > > If possible just get the latest version so you won't need to patch up as
    > > much when first connecting. The latest is the 7th Anniversary edition
    > > (although the clients included are identical to the older Age of Shadows
    > > edition.)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael Cecil
    > > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:30:42 GMT, "journalist1" <journalist1@ntlworld.com>
    wrote:

    >dead?
    >
    >what exactly do you mean?
    >
    >tb

    He's just another troll who thinks that because he has quit UO, that UO
    must be dead or dying. I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Makes UO
    better for the serious players.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/