Interesting fight matchups

I walked a Cyclops down from Ilsh Valor, to where the liche lords hang out,
at the river. Provoked them, and Cyclops won, with 1/3 his life still left.
I just stumbled on a new hobby. :)

I think I'll try going to Papua, and matching up stuff against the Sphinx.
Maybe an Ophidian Knight Errant, or Ophidian Avenger. I have a feeling the
Sphinx might win. Anyone ever try it before?

Was thinking of provoking a Cyclops against Mike Tyson, but I think the poor
Cyclops will end up having only 1 ear to match his one eye.

Anyone got any interesting matchups, please post. Would love to hear about
them.

Peace and Aloha,
Ali'i the Rainbow Warrior

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:11:48 GMT, "Ali'i" <none@none.net> wrote:

>I walked a Cyclops down from Ilsh Valor, to where the liche lords hang out,
>at the river. Provoked them, and Cyclops won, with 1/3 his life still left.
>I just stumbled on a new hobby. :)

I thought that was the whole point of barding? Oh and harvesting loot.

>I think I'll try going to Papua, and matching up stuff against the Sphinx.
>Maybe an Ophidian Knight Errant, or Ophidian Avenger. I have a feeling the
>Sphinx might win. Anyone ever try it before?

Sphinx? We have a sphinx? Does he ask questions? Seriously, where are
they found? You say "the Sphinx" so there is just one?

>Was thinking of provoking a Cyclops against Mike Tyson, but I think the poor
>Cyclops will end up having only 1 ear to match his one eye.

Leon Sphinx?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

> I thought that was the whole point of barding? Oh and harvesting loot.

Usually, bards just provoke stuff that are nearby, so some matchups, are
probably rarely seen. Because you'd have to walk the monster a long distance
to another area.
> Sphinx? We have a sphinx? Does he ask questions? Seriously, where are
> they found? You say "the Sphinx" so there is just one?
I know of 2 places where there is a Sphinx. I think he charges something
like 5000 gold to tell your future. There is a Sphinx in the Pyramid in the
Umbra dessert, and one in Papua. Hard to explain where that one is. But from
the bank in Papua, head East, crossing the bridge, then north. He's kinda in
a dead end place. There are wyverns and imps around, but Sphinx kills them
real easily. I killed Sphinx once, and I think you lose a lot of karma, but
gain a lot of fame.

> >Was thinking of provoking a Cyclops against Mike Tyson, but I think the
poor
> >Cyclops will end up having only 1 ear to match his one eye.
>
> Leon Sphinx?

Maybe that's why there are only 2 Sphinx's in the game. Leon and Micheal!!
hehe

Ali'i wrote:

There are wyverns and imps around, but Sphinx kills them
> real easily. I killed Sphinx once, and I think you lose a lot of karma, but
> gain a lot of fame.

Hey, my little bad guy could be a Dread Lord in no time :p

Took a run to Papua and got the coordinates to Sphynx. Didn't realize I was
spelling it wrong till I pulled up Sphynx's healthbar. :)

24* 10'N, 24* 28'W

Had to use asterisk. Can't find that little floating O on my keyboard, but
rest assured, I is a ejookated grajuit. hehe

Peace and Aloha,
Ali'i the Rainbow Warrior

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:46:09 GMT, "Ali'i" <none@none.net> wrote:

>Took a run to Papua and got the coordinates to Sphynx. Didn't realize I was
>spelling it wrong till I pulled up Sphynx's healthbar. :)
>
>24* 10'N, 24* 28'W
>
>Had to use asterisk. Can't find that little floating O on my keyboard, but
>rest assured, I is a ejookated grajuit. hehe

Thanks, I'll go check that out. Just after I get some sleep. I've been
up 30 hours for some reason. Not good to take beloved chars into
dangerous places when you're not thinking straight.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:46:09 GMT, "Ali'i" <none@none.net> wrote:

>Took a run to Papua and got the coordinates to Sphynx. Didn't realize I was
>spelling it wrong till I pulled up Sphynx's healthbar. :)
>
>24* 10'N, 24* 28'W

There are also some in the fire dungeon. I ran into one just inside the
dungeon entrance at Delucia. I was taming the little fire lizards, and this
little "bird" came in and attack my nightmare. It almost killed her before
I could get her out. I could not heal fast enough to keep her alive.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:48:34 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:46:09 GMT, "Ali'i" <none@none.net> wrote:
>
>>Took a run to Papua and got the coordinates to Sphynx. Didn't realize I was
>>spelling it wrong till I pulled up Sphynx's healthbar. :)
>>
>>24* 10'N, 24* 28'W
>>
>There are also some in the fire dungeon. I ran into one just inside the
>dungeon entrance at Delucia. I was taming the little fire lizards, and this
>little "bird" came in and attack my nightmare. It almost killed her before
>I could get her out. I could not heal fast enough to keep her alive.

I thought that was the phoenix? Bird rises from it's ashes, etc.

A sphynx should have a human head on a cat's body, right?