Sign in with
Your question

CRT or LCD for a web dev

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 11, 2004 1:52:03 PM

CALLING ALL WEB DEV'S!
I am turning to the group to aid me on this dilema for a monitor replacement. My roomates monitor lost it's green and he is a Web Dev, his bread n butter. After many days of researching LCD's and CRT's, it doesn't look to promising for LCD's or is it just the reviews?
He cannot afford more than $400 and needs the best for graphic design, after using it for many hours in Adobe/Macromedia, etc. I keep coming up with the CRT's are the better way to go still due to dead pixels on LCD's, is this true? I also keep coming back to the ViewSonic G220fb 21" PerfectFlat, but it's just out of his price range.

If ANY Web Dev's are on the forum, I would really appreciate your oppinions on what is the best to go with, he's starting to drive me nutz!

Again, I thank the forum for their help in this matter and hopefully I can get some feedback by the end of the day to get him off my back.

Desperate for help,

Geminiguy

Equal is equal, or is it?

More about : crt lcd web dev

December 13, 2004 1:33:30 PM

What size does he want? It would be hard to find a 20"+ LCD for under $400.

Dead pixels is a risk, but I find the LCD to be very space saving and has a very sharp image. Unless he's playing games or video editing aswell, I would go with LCD, maybe a 17"

"A delayed game will eventually come out, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto
December 17, 2004 5:56:53 PM

Thanks for the reply, I actually ended up getting him the Viewsonic G220FB, it's a 21" CRT with .21 dpi! It cost under $400 and it is perfect for his perfomance in our company doing Web Dev and Software engineering. I am so impressed with it, I want one for my system now. It is a complete flat screen with such color and depth. It was rated #1 in the graphic design industry, especially for that price.
So, in closing, I would HIGHLY recommend this monitor to anyone who wants one kick-ass monitor that is 21" and under $400!! The cheapest online was $390. Buy it and you won't regret it.

Thanks to all,

Gem

Equal is equal, or is it?
!