What is an account with all the gifts worth?

I wonder how many accounts are still out there after 5 years that
still have ALL their gifts available?

My account is coming up on 5 years old and I have never taken a single
reward/gift for length of play. They are all still there.

Wonder if that has any value?
5 answers Last reply
More about what account gifts worth
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I wonder how many accounts are still out there after 5 years that
    > still have ALL their gifts available?
    >
    > My account is coming up on 5 years old and I have never taken a single
    > reward/gift for length of play. They are all still there.
    >
    > Wonder if that has any value?

    Me too after 7 years. I doubt if it makes a difference.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:17:08 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I wonder how many accounts are still out there after 5 years that
    >still have ALL their gifts available?
    >
    >My account is coming up on 5 years old and I have never taken a single
    >reward/gift for length of play. They are all still there.
    >
    >Wonder if that has any value?

    You mean does it help the potential sale value of your account? Sure, but
    not as much as the location of your house or the names and skills of your
    characters.

    My second account just passed the 7 year mark too. Made me wonder what
    the 8th year gifts would be.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:17:08 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I wonder how many accounts are still out there after 5 years that
    >still have ALL their gifts available?

    Yours may be the only one. Who knows?

    >My account is coming up on 5 years old and I have never taken a single
    >reward/gift for length of play. They are all still there.
    >
    >Wonder if that has any value?

    Only as much value as the potential buyer places on it, of course. I
    would think the only value in having all rewards is the novelty of it.
    But you can't decorate your house with unchosen rewards ;)

    I've frequently considered buying a used account, and regularly check
    ebay for the right one. Personally, I only want one reward/benefit of
    a vet account, and that's the ethys. Having never accepted a vet
    reward, your account has the appeal of providing a ride for all my
    chars.

    What I don't understand is why you haven't taken a reward yet. Is it
    just me, and my constant battle to keep a healthy (living) pet, or are
    ethereals not the perfect ride? No feeding, watering, grooming,
    stabling... I can't wait to get one. Am I missing some crucial
    information about these things?

    The rune book dye tub seems most useful, and would keep your vendor
    busy forever, if my observations are correct. Less so the furniture
    dye tub, but it seems the leather dye tub would also be a great
    enhancement to a crafter's vendor.

    I can understand you not taking those cloaks/robes, and those statues?
    It's cute the first time they growl at you, bloody annoying the second
    time. How do people put up with them?

    Down thread someone wondered about 8th year rewards. How about some,
    or all, of the 7th anniversary rewards? That would really screw up a
    few people, wouldn't it?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:11:38 -0500, Jaeger Prelac <jprelac@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:17:08 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>I wonder how many accounts are still out there after 5 years that
    >>still have ALL their gifts available?
    >
    >Yours may be the only one. Who knows?
    >
    >>My account is coming up on 5 years old and I have never taken a single
    >>reward/gift for length of play. They are all still there.
    >>
    >>Wonder if that has any value?
    >
    >Only as much value as the potential buyer places on it, of course. I
    >would think the only value in having all rewards is the novelty of it.
    >But you can't decorate your house with unchosen rewards ;)
    >
    >I've frequently considered buying a used account, and regularly check
    >ebay for the right one. Personally, I only want one reward/benefit of
    >a vet account, and that's the ethys. Having never accepted a vet
    >reward, your account has the appeal of providing a ride for all my
    >chars.

    I hear Skinner only wants $1000 for this account...

    >What I don't understand is why you haven't taken a reward yet. Is it
    >just me, and my constant battle to keep a healthy (living) pet, or are
    >ethereals not the perfect ride? No feeding, watering, grooming,
    >stabling... I can't wait to get one. Am I missing some crucial
    >information about these things?

    Well, they never get tired. It's SUCH a hassle to have a rideable pet
    that you can run around upon like a maniac all day. (And I do mean
    maniac. Don't you hate the players who think somehow monsters will spawn
    faster if they run around constantly?)

    >The rune book dye tub seems most useful, and would keep your vendor

    Am I the only player who really hates neon rune books? I go out of my way
    to only buy rune books that are normal colored.

    >busy forever, if my observations are correct. Less so the furniture
    >dye tub, but it seems the leather dye tub would also be a great
    >enhancement to a crafter's vendor.
    >
    >I can understand you not taking those cloaks/robes, and those statues?
    >It's cute the first time they growl at you, bloody annoying the second
    >time. How do people put up with them?

    Hey, I was thinking of taking a nice little Reaper statue. ;P

    >Down thread someone wondered about 8th year rewards. How about some,
    >or all, of the 7th anniversary rewards? That would really screw up a
    >few people, wouldn't it?

    Usually you get all the previous choices PLUS the new ones for that new
    year. So hopefully we can choose any previous gift as well as the weapon
    power scrolls that let you add SSI 10, Self Repair 10, Vorpal wounding or
    Amusing Banter to any weapon! No wait, you probably would find Amusing
    Banter "bloody annoying". Oops.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Am I the only player who really hates neon rune books? I go out of my way
    >to only buy rune books that are normal colored.

    I'm not crazy about neon colored ones, but when i need one and i can find one
    dyed a nice shadowy grey, i jump at the chance.
    The normal runebook's nice, but a little color coding never hurt...(all my
    characters carry different colored runebooks, helps keep who has what runes
    straight in my haed somehow)

    ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    *Friggin' Atlantic just went down, i hope i get a slight revert...i found an
    hci15/dci7 shield on a Solen while testing out the loot changes, and damned if
    i didn't crack the thing trying to lace it with Valorite...would be nice to get
    back...of course, that long a revert would mean i lost all the work Cysty just
    did killing 26 bunnies and gathering a ton of goodies, including a nice 100
    luck tunic and a 75 luck deer mask :}*

Computers Games Video Games