OK... here's all my jumbled thoughts and, mostly, questions on UO.

How has the economy become so seemingly screwed?

So what if an experienced player wants to come across as a complete
newb & "scam" items etc.? Is it really so bad? As poor as my
characters are, I always try to help the newb/young characters.

I've just completed the quest run by the guy in the building by the
wharf in Haven. I didn't receive much when I finally completed it,
but I did have fun doing it. And I learned a lot, (see my earlier
"boat" post).

Can someone explain all of these scams that keep getting mentioned,
(i.e. getting to GM in an hour, building up a gazillion gold, etc.)?
I'm intrigued, especially as my six months of playing, (around 8
hours/week over 5 characters), has probably netted a total of 50k & no
GM'd skills.

How many people on here also play on Catskills?

Feel free to elaborate, answer or flame!

Cheers,
Mark.
(aka Cuthalion, Narsil, Dewinerthol & Ivor Biggun - Cats(
(aka Olaf Baldersson - Drachs)

> Can someone explain all of these scams that keep getting mentioned,
> (i.e. getting to GM in an hour, building up a gazillion gold, etc.)?
> I'm intrigued, especially as my six months of playing, (around 8
> hours/week over 5 characters), has probably netted a total of 50k & no
> GM'd skills.

Getting GM'd in an hour is a little bit of an exaggeration, but there are
perfectly legitimate methods of significantly speeding up your time to GM a
skill. The methods work, but they are boring.

check out www.uopowergamers.com and look up 8x8

"Mark Duddridge" <m_duddridge@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> So what if an experienced player wants to come across as a complete
> newb & "scam" items etc.?

No clue, but ask WindsorFox[SS], apparently, SCAMMING is widely accepted in
this group as well. I suggest taking real concerns about scammers over to
the UOStratics messageboards and not here. That board has far more traffic
then this one. And with the slew of pro scammers on this board, it is no
surprise why everyone left.

Go here..
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:23:48 GMT, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

>"Mark Duddridge" <m_duddridge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> So what if an experienced player wants to come across as a complete
>> newb & "scam" items etc.?
>
>No clue, but ask WindsorFox[SS], apparently, SCAMMING is widely accepted in
>this group as well. I suggest taking real concerns about scammers over to
>the UOStratics messageboards and not here. That board has far more traffic
>then this one. And with the slew of pro scammers on this board, it is no
>surprise why everyone left.
>
>Go here..
>http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

Whose name do you post under there? Something of your own or do you
try to imitate regular posters who are actually part of the community?
Considering that you haven't played for ages I can't imagine that your
outdated opinions are considered terribly useful.

Or are you one of those bores that posts once in a while only to tell
everyone that UO died with the release of Trammel?

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On 18 Aug 2004 11:46:30 -0700, m_duddridge@hotmail.com (Mark
Duddridge) wrote:

>OK... here's all my jumbled thoughts and, mostly, questions on UO.
>
>How has the economy become so seemingly screwed?
>
>So what if an experienced player wants to come across as a complete
>newb & "scam" items etc.? Is it really so bad? As poor as my
>characters are, I always try to help the newb/young characters.

Well in my opinion a real newbie never asks for money. That's one of
the main ways you can tell that you're being conned. I don't think
handing a new player a ton of cash is really doing him much of a
favour anyway. It takes away from the feeling of accomplishment you
get from making it on your own.

My way of helping out is just to answer questions (teaching them how
to shear sheep and make cloth and bandages for instance) and maybe
hand out a cheap suit of spined leather armor.

>Can someone explain all of these scams that keep getting mentioned,
>(i.e. getting to GM in an hour, building up a gazillion gold, etc.)?
>I'm intrigued, especially as my six months of playing, (around 8
>hours/week over 5 characters), has probably netted a total of 50k & no
>GM'd skills.

I think you'd probably have made more progress if you'd just stuck to
one character as far as the GM skills go but if you're having fun
playing five then go for it. UO isn't a race unless you make it into
one. :)

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Reg LeCrisp wrote:

>>Go here..
>>http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1
>

> Whose name do you post under there? Something of your own or do you
> try to imitate regular posters who are actually part of the community?
> Considering that you haven't played for ages I can't imagine that your
> outdated opinions are considered terribly useful.
>
> Or are you one of those bores that posts once in a while only to tell
> everyone that UO died with the release of Trammel?
>
> Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

He's a coward, he'd NEVER dare post on Stratics, the mods won't
tolerate a troll and you can't impersonate.

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message

> Whose name do you post under there?

Mine.

> Something of your own or do you try to imitate regular posters who are
actually part of the community?

Do you have a patent or something? There are literally billions of internet
users all across the world. Are you saying there is never any dupe names?
Wow, you are pretty arrogant. It goes with this board tho. No wonder
everyone left.

> Considering that you haven't played for ages I can't imagine that your
> outdated opinions are considered terribly useful.

What is so outdated about posting Scamming tips from a regular here? Are
you just sticking up for your buddy? Read his thread word for word, I sure
as hell didn't have to edit anything off that post. Windsor's intentions
were quite clear.

> Or are you one of those bores that posts once in a while only to tell
> everyone that UO died with the release of Trammel?

Actually I didn't have to, you just did.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

> He's a coward, he'd NEVER dare post on Stratics, the mods won't
> tolerate a troll and you can't impersonate.

Speaking of cowards. I dare ya to post YOUR thread over on Stratics and
tell me if they quickly realize what a SCAMMER you are.