Registry Problem with Folders

I have deleted a registry entry which controls the way folders open and I
have lost the restore point before this occurred.

The problems are -

1. In windows explorer, clicking on a folder in the folder pane works OK but
double-clicking on the same folder in the right pane brings up "Search
Results" in a new window even though "open each folder in the same window"
is selected.

2. Similarly, double-clicking a desktop folder shortcut brings up the search
window instead of the normal directory view.

Does anyone know which is the offending registry key and post or attach the
correct key and its contents.

Thanks,
Arthur Richards

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Arthur Richards" <fake@address.com.au> wrote in message
> I have deleted a registry entry which controls the way folders open and I
> have lost the restore point before this occurred.
>
> The problems are -
>
> 1. In windows explorer, clicking on a folder in the folder pane works OK but
> double-clicking on the same folder in the right pane brings up "Search
> Results" in a new window even though "open each folder in the same window"
> is selected.
>
> 2. Similarly, double-clicking a desktop folder shortcut brings up the search
> window instead of the normal directory view.
>
> Does anyone know which is the offending registry key and post or attach the
> correct key and its contents.
>
> Thanks,
> Arthur Richards

Type in Start Run

regsvr32 /i shell32

It caused by editing folder actions in the File Type dialogs (it has a bug)

"Arthur Richards" <fake@address.com.au> wrote in message news:#sKeT3jaFHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I have deleted a registry entry which controls the way folders open and I
> have lost the restore point before this occurred.
>
> The problems are -
>
> 1. In windows explorer, clicking on a folder in the folder pane works OK but
> double-clicking on the same folder in the right pane brings up "Search
> Results" in a new window even though "open each folder in the same window"
> is selected.
>
> 2. Similarly, double-clicking a desktop folder shortcut brings up the search
> window instead of the normal directory view.
>
> Does anyone know which is the offending registry key and post or attach the
> correct key and its contents.
>
> Thanks,
> Arthur Richards

kelly