ATI TV Wonder VE

phatboy922

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003
Ok ATI's generic support couldn't help me so i decided it was time to ask the real pro's...I have a ati tv wonder ve and when I open the TV section of the multmedia center, there is no picture in the window. I have all the sound and even captions overlayed on the blank window, but no picture. I tried the tuner with a different program and it worked fine with picture and all but i would like to use the multimedia center for tv viewing. My graphics card is a Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB. My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 1800+
786MB Ram
PCChips 825 motherboard (VIA chipset)
Dual monitor configuration (if that makes a difference, which i doubt)

I have tried disabling one monitor and have asked ATI (whose support is really disappointing) and have changed tuner drivers, multimedia versions, video card drivers (all cleaned out as best as i could) and have checked many other forums but haven't seen anything pertaining to this.

Thanks in advance
Tom

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
I bought that same card a while back. It worked, but performance improved remarkably with the latest drivers.

I'm trying to think what the problem with your system might be. If I recall correctly (I've not used the card recently) the software was pretty unstable. I wasn't a big fan of the support site, either. The multimedia center software didn't work well with my non-ATI video card.

I guess I'm not really any help. The one upside to the card is that it's not too expensive. If you can get the other TV viewer programs to work, then don't feel too bad. The multimedia center isn't that great. Third party programs are my bread and butter, anyway.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by holyshiznit on 11/20/03 04:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ecar016

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
I had an ATI TV wonder pro + my 9800pro with dual screens. Never got it to work well with multiple monitors. I think that is where the problem is. First of all always have the display on the primary. This worked for me about 75%. But overall the stability of the system sucked. Since I removed the offending card....no errors for about 3 months.

Sorry, no fix that I can see currently. The card sits in ots original packaging on my shelf. Maybe a new catalyst driver later

<font color=red> Quantum Computers! - very interesting </font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ecar016 on 11/23/03 11:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>