Spiders and Paragons and Bears, oh my!

Now, it's been quite a while since i really dug around on Stratics, so i was
just wondering if anyone recalled off hand...do dread spiders spawn any level
of treasure map?

In my time hunting them over the past couple months, i've never gotten one, but
since there's the chance they'll be adding a "level 0 map chance" to many
critters that don't spawn maps, thus making them able to spawn as paragons, i
got curious...

(If you haven't read about paragons, they're basically regular monsters with
the tag "a [insert mob name](paragon)", which will have their str, dex, int,
hp, mp, barding stats and overall difficulty given a super shot of
Steroids...they'll also spawn maps, minor artifacts-which are still in the
final design phase, but definately won't be anything currently in Doom-and the
most powerful map droppers will now have the chance to spawn with a level 6 map
as loot when they pop as paragons...*shudders*, Balrons, Ancient Wyrms, Poison
& Blood Eles and Titans for spawn, TONS of magic items...just going to be
evil...just a shame they won't be adding new map spots to Ilshenar to enhance
these new critters, would be neat to see Treasure Hunters having to explore and
find all new sites...and since they'd be in Ilshenar, no Marking, thus no rune
libraries making it easier on the lazier treasure hunters-sorry, i think it's
much more rewarding to actually travel the world in search of your treasure
spot..if you've done any decent amount of wandering, you can tell where a map
is when you first open it, anyway...)

This may well curb my Ilshenar hunting until i can somehow stumble into a
party, or find some people to hunt with on a semi-regular basis...i really like
playing in Ilshenar, but if i one day walk through a moongate as a ghost to
answer the "What got you?" question, and my post-OOoooOO answer is, "A Paragon
Slime", i'll never be able to live it down...

`Cyrus of Sosaria~

*anyway, mostly worried about the dreads, i love hunting them, especially since
they got the ability to lay into you with deadly poison...they're just a nasty
sort of fun now...and i while i might enjoy the challenge of a paragon, i'm not
certain if i could take one out. hehe*

archeon

"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
> Now, it's been quite a while since i really dug around on Stratics, so i
was
> just wondering if anyone recalled off hand...do dread spiders spawn any
level
> of treasure map?

Dreads spawn on lvl 3 maps, "adeptly drawn". Other spawn includes Liches,
Ogre Lords, (met a tamer who said he'd got 3 super-slayers off OLs since
Pb26 came out) Air and Fire eles.

And I agree about the map locations in Ilsh, it would make life much more
interesting. As it is, 50% will be in Fel...

Archeon

Forgot to mention the "Ancient SoS" bottles...they'll be fished up post 27 with
level 4 map loot and a white net that fishes up a Leviathan and a ton of other
beasties, and that spawn will have a minor artifact chance to it...

They best part is, if you have any SOS bottles lying about that you haven't
opened, there's a chance they'll yeild the Ancient SoS parchment when
opened-it'll be a white hued scroll rather than the normal hue-reallllly
wishing i had a fisher right about now, they're really getting a great boost
with this publish. :}

(Not that the treasure hunters getting maps with the chance for random "minor
artifacts" isn't too shabby, but i'm pretty sure i read the leviathan and the
ancient sos have a chance to give out minor artifacts...)

If you haven't seen the list on Stratics, check it out, some are really nice,
and comparable to current artifacts(the Gloves of the Pugilist, with 15% dmg
inc are especially nice, and the Violet Courage has great resists, luck, it's
Mage Armor and has 100% lower str reqs...oyy! Nice gift for that special woman
in your virtual life, too. hehe)

Just a shame they're all neon...and they didn't add a couple more interesting
decos, like...say...full bookshelves...to the group, the Wood Horse should be
neat, though...would be cool if they had horse armor, too..and if you got the
horse armor and the wood horse, they'd become an armored war horse ethereal
mount...kind of a puzzle artifact. :}

~Cyrus of Sosaria~

(Oh, and that War Mace minor artifact is just plain hideous...it's one of those
damned super-neon, bleached-out, super-saturated hue items you see on Test
Sosaria all the time...ugh...)

On 24 Aug 2004 07:46:50 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>Just a shame they're all neon...and they didn't add a couple more interesting
>decos, like...say...full bookshelves...to the group, the Wood Horse should be
>neat, though...would be cool if they had horse armor, too..and if you got the
>horse armor and the wood horse, they'd become an armored war horse ethereal
>mount...kind of a puzzle artifact. :}
>
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>
>(Oh, and that War Mace minor artifact is just plain hideous...it's one of those
>damned super-neon, bleached-out, super-saturated hue items you see on Test
>Sosaria all the time...ugh...)

Eh, neon doesn't bother me anymore. It used to but then my taste and
eyesight was burned out by my Ember Leggings. It is nice that there will
be a mace artifact for the 2 people who have macers. ;PPP

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>It is nice that there will
>be a mace artifact for the 2 people who have macers.

*Three* mace minor artifacts... A club, a staff, and a war mace. (My
armsman drools, but my lumberjack pouts.)

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.