Updated My Account

Saw that EA has added an online reputation system to my profile. Read up
on it a bit and it is supposed to be known by all other players
participating in EA online games. It's a good idea IMO of course.

I saw I was a '200'. Then I started thinking "What does 200 mean?" I
mean like I am a 200 and Ronald McDonald could be a 250. Who decides
what a person rates? I mean was I ever down graded because I complained
to a GM "This guy is using UOE and client crash bugs!"

They should explain just exactly what goes into the rating system.
Something other then "You get a 200 because you have sent us $1,000 over
the last 7 years." It would be nice if it was actually part of UO too.
I'll assume 200 is good but that is all it is, an assumption.
2 answers Last reply
More about updated account
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Saw that EA has added an online reputation system to my profile. Read up
    > on it a bit and it is supposed to be known by all other players
    > participating in EA online games. It's a good idea IMO of course.
    >
    > I saw I was a '200'. Then I started thinking "What does 200 mean?" I
    > mean like I am a 200 and Ronald McDonald could be a 250. Who decides
    > what a person rates? I mean was I ever down graded because I complained
    > to a GM "This guy is using UOE and client crash bugs!"
    >
    > They should explain just exactly what goes into the rating system.
    > Something other then "You get a 200 because you have sent us $1,000 over
    > the last 7 years." It would be nice if it was actually part of UO too.
    > I'll assume 200 is good but that is all it is, an assumption.

    200 is the default number for all 'new' EA accounts. However after looking
    into this I have found that the only way to raise or lower this is to play
    EA sports games. That's the only place it is used. I assume we are seeing it
    just because EA added it to all accounts in case you play the EA Sports
    titles. There is no indication of implimenting it anywhere other than the
    sports titles either. Hell in reality 200 isn't even good, its starting! It
    would be cool if they had a UO version, but there is no way I can see them
    using it for UO as it is set up now. They raise it for completeing games and
    tournaments and lower it for dropping out of games and other BS actions.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:02:55 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >Saw that EA has added an online reputation system to my profile. Read up
    > on it a bit and it is supposed to be known by all other players
    >participating in EA online games. It's a good idea IMO of course.
    >
    >I saw I was a '200'. Then I started thinking "What does 200 mean?" I
    >mean like I am a 200 and Ronald McDonald could be a 250. Who decides
    >what a person rates? I mean was I ever down graded because I complained
    >to a GM "This guy is using UOE and client crash bugs!"
    >
    >They should explain just exactly what goes into the rating system.
    >Something other then "You get a 200 because you have sent us $1,000 over
    >the last 7 years." It would be nice if it was actually part of UO too.
    >I'll assume 200 is good but that is all it is, an assumption.

    Is it a EA reputation or a UO reputation? If it's just from EA then it's
    going to be from how much you've spent probably. That's all EA cares
    about.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/