Sign in with
Your question

Mouse?

Last response: in Components
November 13, 2003 12:14:26 PM

I am a avid gamer.....
I dunno knw which mouse

i ve narrowed down on some of them......

1.Razer.......boomslang
2.I.e 3.0
3.Logitech mx 500

has ne one had ne experiences using these mice....
i m especially keenon getting a razer....but i ve no
idea which all models are available .....
coz the site only lists the two yet to be released models
i m on a budget though :*(

thx for ur replys :) 

More about : mouse

November 14, 2003 12:51:28 PM

Tom's did a review last month, might be helpful to you

<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031020/index.ht..." target="_new">Here's the link</A>

Personally, I would go with an optical. There's nothing worse than having to pause a game to clean the crap off your rollers because you're getting mouse lag right at a crucial moment. That would discount the Razer.

You mention you are on a budget. What have you got to work with? Personally, I have an Intellimouse Explorer at home, and it's a beaut. If I had to buy one now though, it'd be the Logitech MX500.

<font color=blue>"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered" - George Best</font color=blue>
November 15, 2003 4:06:03 AM

I fully agree.

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"
Related resources
November 15, 2003 3:42:45 PM

Thanx Rob i've taken a look at the review n
i have also heard that razer has some problems n is fragile

i think ill go with a mx500

thx for the info guys :) 
November 15, 2003 7:08:33 PM

No problem! Good luck and happy gaming!

<font color=blue>"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered" - George Best</font color=blue>
November 15, 2003 9:10:36 PM

I perfer Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. Both Logitech MX500 and Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer are very comfortable to use but I have bad experience with Logitech Mouse driver. You will not be able to customize the button without the driver.
November 21, 2003 10:06:26 PM

Quote:
I am a avid gamer.....

Quote:
i m on a budget though

If you are an avid gamer you should consider a trackball mouse, with a large trackball preferably index finger controlled, games real intense like Aliens versus Predator you'd be dead so fast you won't know what happened, with a regular type mouse, even optical, the trackball gives you the ability to do a full 360 turnaround, with a move of the finger, instead of your whole hand, if you have to, and in a FPS game like AvP you will be turning around quick. You say you're on a budget and trackballs are not cheap, but I'd save up and get one if I was you, you'll never go back to a regular mouse.

<b>*****</b><b>Missster Anderson!,,,Welcome Back!</b><b>*****</b>
November 22, 2003 1:08:44 PM

Yeah....i got my self a mx 500........
i luv it........havent used a 3.0

i ll be getting a Razer BoomerSpeed™

once it comes out

http://www.razerzone.com/boomerspeed.html

looks cool........of course this one will be on my bro :p 
November 22, 2003 2:56:35 PM

Thats a nice looking mouse, but thats not a trackball.

November 22, 2003 4:13:37 PM

Ok......AvP types aside.......i dont think that
track ball mice offer such high accuracy,
and are rarely used for gaming purposes......correct me
if i am wrong :p 
November 22, 2003 4:46:10 PM

Quote:
Ok......AvP types aside.......i dont think that
track ball mice offer such high accuracy,
and are rarely used for gaming purposes......correct me
if i am wrong :p 

My response to your statement is you've obviously never even tried a trackball mouse, I'm not a salesman here, but to me theres no comparison it excells in gaming period, it doesn't matter what game you're playing, or just surfing the web, and the accuracy and speed are adjustable to your needs. Eyery one of my friends thats tried the trackball mouse, has gone out and bought one, and swear by them, so thats really all I've got to say here, you'll just have to check one out for yourself.

November 23, 2003 4:45:10 AM

Dude it isnt even released YET!!
N the link u gave dosent open
November 23, 2003 3:08:18 PM

I got a optical for myself.......

but still there are professionals out there who
can probably buy the best of track ball mice out there
since they put in over 8 hrs or more a day
and have indepth idea to whats where n whats best,
i ve yet to come across a professional gamer who uses
a track ball mouse for playing :) 

PS : i m no professional
November 26, 2003 12:44:27 PM

trackballs for gaming = gay.

Unless that is you are a thalidomide baby and have no arms and use yur nose to move the ball...

Although in fairness its a fairly simple question to answer.. get yurself an optical mouse and play away. unless yur on a mission to become a pro gamer there is no need to buy a mouse that is sooo senstive it moves by the power of thought alone.

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"
November 26, 2003 2:31:36 PM

dude we are on the same side :) 
when replying choose the appropriate person if its not
too much trouble
November 27, 2003 4:07:28 AM

Dude, with a good optical mouse u can jack the sensitivty so high u pull a 1440 by nudging it (I play cs like that). It's hard to get used to trackballs- I've used em and hate em.

November 27, 2003 5:11:21 AM

Quote:
Dude, with a good optical mouse u can jack the sensitivty so high u pull a 1440 by nudging it (I play cs like that). It's hard to get used to trackballs- I've used em and hate em.

Dude! You don't think I know that Flamey, I can't believe this post is turning into an arguement over whether someone prefers a mouse to a trackball, granted trackballs are hard to get used to, I'll give you that, but once you get used to it, you don't want anything else. I didn't start out with a trackball, had a really good optical mouse, went to a friend of mines house and he had a Microsoft Trackball Explorer with the big trackball, small trackballs do suck, I tried it, liked it, and went out and bought one, and loved it ever since.

This is really about what people prefer, I wouldn't have reccommended it in the first place if I thought an arguement would have arisen from it, I use what I like and the trackball I'm using costs about three times what an optical mouse does, and I wouldn't have paid for it if I didn't like the thing. I haven't posted to any of the other negative comments, but I figured you for a trackball man anyway, I didn't think there was a challenge too great for you, like learning how to use a trackball mouse.

November 27, 2003 7:07:26 PM

Tut tut tut, turning to insults. Grow up.
I didn't wish to start an argument, just saying realize that many will not use a trackball and the time necessary to get used to it may not be allowable. If you look at it, people here r suggesting out of those mice that he asked which would be better, you're going trackball trackball trackball!!

November 27, 2003 9:21:04 PM

Quote:
Tut tut tut, turning to insults. Grow up.

50 years young and still a kid at heart, but I just might grow up one of these days, you never know. :smile:

November 28, 2003 1:01:01 AM

lol, don't, you'll prolly have more fun that way:) 
I'm still sour that I don't find legos as interesting as I did.

November 28, 2003 2:17:44 AM

Legos? Whats That? :smile:

November 28, 2003 4:08:35 PM

The uh bricks of your time :tongue:

!