The Parry Problem.

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2004 11:23:54 PM

So there I was working on Hanse my Fencer and I noticed he had gained no
parry in several weeks. It was at 94.3 but I preferred it to be a nice
even 100. I tried everything, small birds, sheep, female wrestlers in the
Jhelom fighting pit. Nothing worked. I even tried killing myself with
poison and rezzing at a shrine. Then I noticed as I was switching from
my demon slaying kryss to my dragon slaying one that I gained .1 parry.

They changed parry a while back so you can parry with a weapon as well as
a shield. I think with very high weapon skill you never get a chance to
parry with the shield and that something is broken with the parry check
when it is done by a weapon.

Workaround: Go max out parry in the Jhelom pits using just shields and no
weapons in your hand.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

More about : parry problem

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 11:23:55 PM

Polychromic wrote:

> So there I was working on Hanse my Fencer and I noticed he had gained no
> parry in several weeks. It was at 94.3 but I preferred it to be a nice
> even 100. I tried everything, small birds, sheep, female wrestlers in the
> Jhelom fighting pit. Nothing worked. I even tried killing myself with
> poison and rezzing at a shrine. Then I noticed as I was switching from
> my demon slaying kryss to my dragon slaying one that I gained .1 parry.
>
> They changed parry a while back so you can parry with a weapon as well as
> a shield. I think with very high weapon skill you never get a chance to
> parry with the shield and that something is broken with the parry check
> when it is done by a weapon.
>
> Workaround: Go max out parry in the Jhelom pits using just shields and no
> weapons in your hand.

I found using a shield and a cow works well... =p
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 7:50:18 PM

On 28 Aug 2004 14:58:35 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

>>> Workaround: Go max out parry in the Jhelom pits using just shields and no
>>> weapons in your hand.
>>>

>Another workaround: Equip a weapon you have 0 skill in, for whatever reason, it
>makes it so you'll block less effectively, thus making more parry checks...
>When Cy was regaining his parry, he went from 0-100 just fighting sheep(and a
>cow and dog) in Yew, went through 3 shadow iron shields(for durability), and
>weilded a skinning knife, the parry gains were amazing, even in the high 90's.
>
>~Cyrus of Sosaria~

The advantage of the Jhelom pit is you can get more than 9 creatures
attacking you at once since they have no problem overlapping. I never
could get sheep to overlap.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
August 28, 2004 7:50:19 PM

Polychromic wrote:
> I never
> could get sheep to overlap.

TMI !!!
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 11:47:01 PM

I trained my pally in parry by targeting 2 sheep, 2 chickens, and a tern,
and then taking out a a sixth critter so he wouldn't target the five others.
It was only a couple hours and two shields getting from NPC trained to low
80's.

Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job. <g>
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 3:41:17 PM

Baydlor wrote:

> I trained my pally in parry by targeting 2 sheep, 2 chickens, and a tern,
> and then taking out a a sixth critter so he wouldn't target the five others.
> It was only a couple hours and two shields getting from NPC trained to low
> 80's.
>
> Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job. <g>

A tern???
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 8:49:08 PM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:41:17 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Baydlor wrote:
>
>> I trained my pally in parry by targeting 2 sheep, 2 chickens, and a tern,
>> and then taking out a a sixth critter so he wouldn't target the five others.
>> It was only a couple hours and two shields getting from NPC trained to low
>> 80's.
>>
>> Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job. <g>
>>

> A tern???

I said before that birds are the best animals to parry from because
they're so fast, but they're a pain to collect into a nice group too.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 8:58:57 PM

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> Baydlor wrote:
>
> > I trained my pally in parry by targeting 2 sheep, 2 chickens, and a
tern,
> > and then taking out a a sixth critter so he wouldn't target the five
others.
> > It was only a couple hours and two shields getting from NPC trained to
low
> > 80's.
> >
> > Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job. <g>
> >

> A tern???

A bird. It came wandering by as I was gathering opponets.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 8:58:58 PM

Baydlor wrote:

>>>Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job. <g>
>>>

>> A tern???
>

> A bird. It came wandering by as I was gathering opponets.

And you just HAD to take a tern for the worst....
August 30, 2004 2:09:37 AM

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:41:17 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>
> >Baydlor wrote:
> >
> >> I trained my pally in parry by targeting 2 sheep, 2 chickens, and a
tern,
> >> and then taking out a a sixth critter so he wouldn't target the five
others.
> >> It was only a couple hours and two shields getting from NPC trained to
low
> >> 80's.
> >>
> >> Can't have looked very impressive to passer-by's but it did the job.
<g>

> > A tern???
>
> I said before that birds are the best animals to parry from because
> they're so fast, but they're a pain to collect into a nice group too.

I've always had problems collecting birds in large groups :)

Archeon
August 30, 2004 2:10:00 AM

<g>

> >> A tern???
> >

> > A bird. It came wandering by as I was gathering opponets.
> >

> And you just HAD to take a tern for the worst....

AAwwwww.....
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:14:32 AM

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message

<g>

> >> A tern???
> >

> > A bird. It came wandering by as I was gathering opponets.
> >

> And you just HAD to take a tern for the worst....

Ouch... :)
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 4:01:12 AM

Baydlor wrote:

> "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message

> <g>

>>>A bird. It came wandering by as I was gathering opponets.
>>>

>> And you just HAD to take a tern for the worst....
>

> Ouch... :)

Actually, that was supposed to be tern for the wurst...
August 31, 2004 9:19:32 AM

Who 'braut' the wurst?
!