Dahlquist DQ-10 Wofer suround replacement

Last response: in Home Audio
May 23, 2004 12:34:28 AM

My DQ's are in need of a little work. The foam suround on the wofer's
are shot. I would like to know who sells the best kit. I have looked
at Regnar's web site, ( they are the current service center for
Dahlquist), however I don't want to ship my speakers anywhere. I would
prefer to do this repair myself. I am a retired tech of 40+ years from
the audio and T/V field. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Zach
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 5:06:45 AM

Try www.simplyspeakers.com I have successfully used their replacement
surround kits several times.

Best regards,
Bascom King

--
Best regards,
Bascom King

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:34:28 +0000, Zibby wrote:

> My DQ's are in need of a little work. The foam suround on the wofer's
> are shot. I would like to know who sells the best kit. I have looked
> at Regnar's web site, ( they are the current service center for
> Dahlquist), however I don't want to ship my speakers anywhere. I would
> prefer to do this repair myself. I am a retired tech of 40+ years from
> the audio and T/V field. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Zach

I used this place to order the kit to repair the surrounds on my Allison
Speakers:

http://www.newfoam.com/

Comes with a video and is quite easy to do.

Good luck!!
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 7:31:17 PM

Did the same with my Advents. Works fine. Slightly messy to do, but it ain't
rocket science and it's simple enough for anyone.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)

!