anyone gettimg more disconnects?

Recently i'm getting more computer lock-ups and disconnects. Anyone else
notice this?

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:21:16 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Recently i'm getting more computer lock-ups and disconnects. Anyone else
>notice this?

Nope. Other than the client scanning my floppy drive nothing seems
different.

Checked for viruses/spyware recently?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic wrote:

Other than the client scanning my floppy drive nothing seems
> different.

Exqueeze me???

Polychromic wrote in news:5d9hj0li5431q3f5rkjc94qq0rg987vmr4@4ax.com:

> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:21:16 GMT, vince garcia
> <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>Recently i'm getting more computer lock-ups and disconnects. Anyone
>>else notice this?
>
> Nope. Other than the client scanning my floppy drive nothing seems
> different.
>
> Checked for viruses/spyware recently?

Now that's very odd, I have noticed it too. Why would a
game client start scanning floppy disk drives now? Did they
think that cheat softwares are loading from floppy disks now
or something?

Well at least I know my floppy disk drive is still working after
all these years of not being use.

Greytone

--
*****
"He is richest who is content with the least,

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:16:12 GMT, Greytone <Greytone@Greytone.com> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote in news:5d9hj0li5431q3f5rkjc94qq0rg987vmr4@4ax.com:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:21:16 GMT, vince garcia
>> <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Recently i'm getting more computer lock-ups and disconnects. Anyone
>>>else notice this?
>>
>> Nope. Other than the client scanning my floppy drive nothing seems
>> different.
>>
>> Checked for viruses/spyware recently?
>>

>Now that's very odd, I have noticed it too. Why would a
>game client start scanning floppy disk drives now? Did they
>think that cheat softwares are loading from floppy disks now
>or something?
>
>Well at least I know my floppy disk drive is still working after
>all these years of not being use.

Who knows why they added that. They say they were just checking for DVD
drives. Now there is supposed to be a fix for that coming next week.

WTF does OSI need to know what my hardware is anyhow? Long ago I edited
my metrics.txt file and filled it with nonsense and made it read-only.
Silly buggers. Lets see how they like some outliers.

--

Polychromic wrote:

> Who knows why they added that. They say they were just checking for DVD
> drives. Now there is supposed to be a fix for that coming next week.
>
> WTF does OSI need to know what my hardware is anyhow? Long ago I edited
> my metrics.txt file and filled it with nonsense and made it read-only.
> Silly buggers. Lets see how they like some outliers.

WTF is that file for?

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:17:05 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>

>> Who knows why they added that. They say they were just checking for DVD
>> drives. Now there is supposed to be a fix for that coming next week.
>>
>> WTF does OSI need to know what my hardware is anyhow? Long ago I edited
>> my metrics.txt file and filled it with nonsense and made it read-only.
>> Silly buggers. Lets see how they like some outliers.
>>

> WTF is that file for?

The client polls your hardware and reports it to OSI. You "agreed" when
you installed the game. I bet that clause wasn't there for the original
client though.

--

Polychromic wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:17:05 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>Polychromic wrote:
>>

>>>Who knows why they added that. They say they were just checking for DVD
>>>drives. Now there is supposed to be a fix for that coming next week.
>>>
>>>WTF does OSI need to know what my hardware is anyhow? Long ago I edited
>>>my metrics.txt file and filled it with nonsense and made it read-only.
>>>Silly buggers. Lets see how they like some outliers.
>>>

>> WTF is that file for?
>

> The client polls your hardware and reports it to OSI. You "agreed" when
> you installed the game. I bet that clause wasn't there for the original
> client though.

Not anymore it doesn't....