questions on enhancement of items

I have been away from UO for years, recently returning to some serious
playing, but I am puzzled by a few things about these special item
properties and the enhancement.

(1) I came across an item in storage from pre AOS ages (may even be
pre T2A) that has +10 to all three (strength, dextrity, intelligence)
stats. Is there a special name for this item?

(2) Is there any robe possible with special magical properties?

(3) I noticed the wizard's hat no longer giving +5 to intelligence or
mana, is there any wizard's hat possible that comes with special
magical properties?

(4) On "Hit Life Leech ##%", does that life leech works with every
successful hit? I noticed it only works on the hit that kills the
creature.

Thanks for your response. I am sure I will have more in the future.
4 answers Last reply
More about questions enhancement items
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    namsilat wrote:
    > I have been away from UO for years, recently returning to some serious
    > playing, but I am puzzled by a few things about these special item
    > properties and the enhancement.
    >
    > (1) I came across an item in storage from pre AOS ages (may even be
    > pre T2A) that has +10 to all three (strength, dextrity, intelligence)
    > stats. Is there a special name for this item?

    It was probably an item that had a number of bless charges on it. Items
    with spells on them like teleport, invisibility, or night sight were
    taken out of the game. If you use one of these items and the charges
    burn off, they become mundane. If you have one that doesn't burn charges
    it was probably a surviver of the early rounds of getting them out of
    the game. Kind of valuable with +10 to all stats if it is permanent.

    > (2) Is there any robe possible with special magical properties?

    Arcane robes for one. They can be charged such that you can cast spells
    w/o reagents. The gems used to charge them are kind of expensive/hard to
    get, but worth while to have if you run out of reagents. There are also
    the veteran reward robes.

    > (3) I noticed the wizard's hat no longer giving +5 to intelligence or
    > mana, is there any wizard's hat possible that comes with special
    > magical properties?

    It depends on the hat. If it is player made it is non magical. If you
    buy one from a NPC mage it still works.

    > (4) On "Hit Life Leech ##%", does that life leech works with every
    > successful hit? I noticed it only works on the hit that kills the
    > creature.

    The % listed is the chance of the item going off. Currently items in the
    40% range are considered good loot.

    > Thanks for your response. I am sure I will have more in the future.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:23:11 GMT, namsilat <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have been away from UO for years, recently returning to some serious
    >playing, but I am puzzled by a few things about these special item
    >properties and the enhancement.

    check out stratics
    http://520064987343-001.bei.t-online.de/tor/crafting.htm
    http://www.uo.com/ageofshadows/feature_magicitem_material.html

    >(1) I came across an item in storage from pre AOS ages (may even be
    >pre T2A) that has +10 to all three (strength, dextrity, intelligence)
    >stats. Is there a special name for this item?

    Hang on to that, and insure it. Its worth a lot of UO gold.

    >(2) Is there any robe possible with special magical properties?

    A tailor can make robes, boots, and cloaks with magic charges in case
    you run out of regents and need a ride home. All hats now come with
    some magical properties.

    >(3) I noticed the wizard's hat no longer giving +5 to intelligence or
    >mana, is there any wizard's hat possible that comes with special
    >magical properties?

    A GM tailor can make them, and you can find
    them on monsters.

    >(4) On "Hit Life Leech ##%", does that life leech works with every
    >successful hit? I noticed it only works on the hit that kills the
    >creature.

    The item will give you a % of the magical properties (ie) life leech,
    mana leech, etc.. Like everything in UO, its random. You may get
    three hits in a row, and then none for 50 hits. 30% or better is a
    good weapon IMHO.

    >Thanks for your response. I am sure I will have more in the future.
    Any time,

    Ice
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:45:29 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >> (3) I noticed the wizard's hat no longer giving +5 to intelligence or
    >> mana, is there any wizard's hat possible that comes with special
    >> magical properties?
    >
    >It depends on the hat. If it is player made it is non magical. If you
    >buy one from a NPC mage it still works.

    GM Tailor can get some magical properties. You have to make a lot
    of them to get one, but it can be done.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >>(3) I noticed the wizard's hat no longer giving +5 to intelligence or
    >>mana, is there any wizard's hat possible that comes with special
    >>magical properties?
    >>
    >A GM tailor can make them, and you can find
    >them on monsters.

    Funny, i've seen GM tailored hats with high elements(even made a few good ones
    with my 70 skill tailor), but i've never seen magic properties(lrc, lmc,
    nightsight, stat mods, etc) turn up on one, and from all i've read, no tailor,
    even with a runic kit, can make hats with true magic properties...

    The best way to find a magic hat is just hunt monsters until you find a good
    one...i've seen hats with 50-60 total resists, high lrc hats, ones with great
    properties...just takes awhile to find something worth keeping.(My gardener
    wears a 15% lrc Bandana, took alot of hunting to stumble on it. :})

    And the hats you buy from npc mages still work, but taking that hit to str and
    dex just for 5 more int is beyond stupid at this point, better to just
    hunt/shop until you find one with +5 mana or better, no adverse costs and
    you'll likely have some decent elements rather than the 0/5/9/5/5 base.

    Good luck.
    ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    (There's also artifact hats/masks with + int, but you'll either need alot of
    time in Doom, or alot of money to buy one.)

Computers Video Games