Sign in with
Your question

How to install d drive on windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 1, 2012 12:48:14 PM

Hello,
i have C drive only, i want to install one more drive i.e. D drive, so please help me how to install d drive on windows 7?

More about : install drive windows

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2012 12:54:20 PM

Buy a hard drive install it in the computer. Would help if we new what computer.
August 1, 2012 1:38:05 PM

rups said:
Hello,
i have C drive only, i want to install one more drive i.e. D drive, so please help me how to install d drive on windows 7?

* install the new drive inside your pc
* start 'my computer' and right click 'my computer'. select 'manage'.
* on the new window select 'storage/disk management'.
* here you will be able to see the new drive. assuming it's a brand new drive you have to initialize it here before you can see the new drive using windows explorer.

ps. if it is not a brand new drive, an old drive that has already has data on it, just install it inside your pc and power on, windows will see the new drive automatically.
August 2, 2012 7:18:12 AM

How large is your previous hard disk? If the disk is large enough you could shrink system partition and then create a new partition D on the unallocated space. Here is a article about resize partition: http://www.disk-partition.com/help/resize-partition.htm...

If you mean to bought another hard drive, you could directly connect this disk to motherboard, After you start PC, it will prompt you to format the new drive, follow the wizard to complete.
!