Sign in with
Your question

Conflicting Drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
August 1, 2012 1:53:47 PM

Does anyone know if there is a Windows 7 Driver for a Asus M5a99x evo mobo that conflicts with Nvidia Drivers?

More about : conflicting drivers

a b \ Driver
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2012 4:41:06 PM

There shouldn't be. The drivers distributed by Asus were made by nVidia, and if you use some generic Windows drivers, the nVidia drivers should replace them. So if you're having some sort of problem, maybe you should expand a little more on what the issue is.
m
l
August 1, 2012 4:58:25 PM

...and if you do get some sort of annoying driver conflict, you can use Driver Sweeper to start over.
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2012 6:22:23 PM

cl-scott said:
There shouldn't be. The drivers distributed by Asus were made by nVidia, and if you use some generic Windows drivers, the nVidia drivers should replace them. So if you're having some sort of problem, maybe you should expand a little more on what the issue is.

I've been having a problem enabling the SLI on my gtx 550ti(s).
I've read on forums on this site that REALTEK drivers conflict with Nivida audio drivers.
I've updated bios, confirmed both cards are working, confirmed the mobo pci slot is working, and tried different (301.24 and 295.10) nvidia drivers.

When i install, i can tell the difference in resolution with the one card, but when i try to enable it uninstalls/doesnt recognize my video cards and doesnt enable SLI.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2012 7:25:45 PM

Have you tried uninstalling the Realtek drivers to see if it resolves the issue with your video cards?
m
l
August 2, 2012 12:47:25 PM

Yes a clean uninstall then retried to install nvidia drivers and no luck.
It recognized my system was SLI capable but when i tried to enable, still didnt work.
m
l
August 2, 2012 12:59:17 PM

Did you use Driver Sweeper?
What's the model of your PSU? Are you sure you've got both cards connected properly?
m
l
August 3, 2012 1:05:05 AM

And what does that ! say when you click on it?
m
l
August 3, 2012 3:44:44 PM

It seems like Code 43 is generally a problem with the GPU: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/257021-33-code-error
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but you should try booting with just the second card in, or with the cards switched in their slots. I think the one that's currently getting the Code 43 should continue to have it. The problem may be the card, not the SLI.
m
l
!