Hello

When using the Windows XP Pro CD to boot, the process gets as far as the
"Set-up is inspecting your configuration" stage, then the screen goes
blank and nothing happens. This didn’t happen before (I format and
reinstall every 3-4 months). Other bootable CD’s work fine, e.g.
Windows 2000 Pro.

I have a dual boot setup for Windows XP Pro and SuSe 9.2.

Any help is appreciated,
Craig.

--
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other
bastard die for his."

It seems the problem is with this Windows XP cd.

--
Jonybrv

"Craig H." wrote:

> Hello
>
> When using the Windows XP Pro CD to boot, the process gets as far as the
> "Set-up is inspecting your configuration" stage, then the screen goes
> blank and nothing happens. This didn’t happen before (I format and
> reinstall every 3-4 months). Other bootable CD’s work fine, e.g.
> Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> I have a dual boot setup for Windows XP Pro and SuSe 9.2.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> Craig.
>

> --
> "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other
> bastard die for his."

dl

"This didn’t happen before (I format and reinstall every 3-4 months)"
What an earth for?
Youve probably warn out the wincd

On 06/06/2005 18:52, DL wrote:
> "This didn’t happen before (I format and reinstall every 3-4 months)"
> What an earth for?
> Youve probably warn out the wincd
>
> "Craig H." <spam@thehurley.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hello
>>
>>When using the Windows XP Pro CD to boot, the process gets as far as the
>>"Set-up is inspecting your configuration" stage, then the screen goes
>>blank and nothing happens. This didn’t happen before (I format and
>>reinstall every 3-4 months). Other bootable CD’s work fine, e.g.
>>Windows 2000 Pro.
>>
>>I have a dual boot setup for Windows XP Pro and SuSe 9.2.
>>
>>Any help is appreciated,
>>Craig.
>>

>>--
>>"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other
>>bastard die for his."

Sorry, I should have also stated that this particular Windows XP Pro CD
boots perfectly on any other computer I try. So nothing on the CD is
worn out

Regards,
Craig.

--
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."