Rude replies

June 6, 2005 2:23:05 PM

As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!

Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
political or self-aggrandizing opinions.

Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.

--
Neil UK

More about : rude replies

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:23:06 PM

Consider cyberspace a nation without borders. It would be fruitless to expect that every
person in a nation act with respect, and civility. It would be an unrealistic expectation
to believe that there are not people who thrive on agitating others. In cyberspeak they
are called trollers. This news group is one of the best, if not the best, for getting
answers and fixes for Windows XP general problems and/or "how to" information. Another
cyberspace term lurk (or lurker), which means to monitor, but not interact, has been
suggested to you. If you lurk for a while, you will be able to weed out the trolls, and
not bother to read any of their posts. You will also learn whose responses to value and
respect. This is a news group for exchanging information about Windows XP problems and
fixes and/or general information about the Windows XP operating system, not for personal
attacks and reprimands. I have noticed that you are keeping this thread going. It serves
no purpose. It is unlikely that you are going to change a stranger, who may or may not be
a troller, or who may or may not have other personal problems. The best advice that I can
give you is: Do not fall into the trap of personal confrontations, keep your posts on
topic for the news group, lurk and you will find who the real treasures of Windows XP
information in this group are. Another suggestion: Before posting a question, you might
use your web browser and go to:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

Google has years of archives of posts from this group. There is a probability that your
question might have already been asked and answered. When you get to the above web page,
in the Search box with the button that says: Search This Group, type key words and key
phrases (key phrases should have quotation marks at the beginning and end) relating to
your problem. It is IMPORTANT to learn how to use key words and key phrases properly, to
weed out false hits. Key phrases and/or key phrases TOGETHER WITH key words are more
likely to bring better results, than only using key words. e.g. If the My Computer icon
was missing from your desktop and you wanted to know how to fix that problem, you would
type something like: "My Computer" +desktop +icon +missing

then click the: Search This Group button. If you had typed each word singularly, the
results would bring MANY false hits with every post that has the words My, Computer, etc.
Make sure to type your key words and phrases in the: Search This Group Box, because if you
type them in top Search box, all groups will be searched, and you will get hits relating
to other versions of Windows. The Google SEARCH THIS GROUP function is extremely fast.
The results of the search can then be sorted by date (if you click the SORT BY DATE link).
Usually a more recent response is preferable. Using the above link to search this news
group has saved me countless hours. I can find fixes and/or information in seconds. But,
if your problem, and/or the information that you need has not been previously posted.
Post here, with a Subject line that describes the problem in as few words as possible
(subject lines like: HELP! are unlikely to get the best or quickest results). Then, in
the body of the post: Provide as much detail as you can (what the problem is, when it
started, what you were doing when it started, the wording of any error messages, etc.)
Again, there are many knowledgeable and helpful people in this group who can give
invaluable help. If you ignore the trolls, and try to keep personal posts limited to
thanking people for their help, you will really benefit.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EA016C5-EFC5-4F3C-93D5-88AF5295C0DA@microsoft.com...
> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
> by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
> that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
> in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
> experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
>
> Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
> Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
> apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
> excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
> political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
>
> Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
> people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
> please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
> site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
> that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
>

> --
> Neil UK
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:35:59 PM

From: "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com>

| As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
| disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
| by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
| that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
| in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
| experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
|
| Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
| Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
| apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
| excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
| political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
|
| Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
| people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
| please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
| site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
| that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
|
| --
| Neil UK

Welcome to Usenet !

This NG is tame to many non-Microsoft NGs.

As for a Kelly name. There is nothing that states you must use a unique handle. The word
"Kelly" can be a first name or a last name. Try a situation where three people in a NG call
themselves "Dave". If you are unsure, look at their headers to tell them apart.

Oh, I see, you don't know how to access News Groups and you are using the MS CDO Web front
end to the News Groups and you can't see headers. Too bad -- learn !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Dave

Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family wouldn't
recognise the way you are responding to my letter of complaint. I don't
understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to newsnet". This zone is
supposed to be dedicated to being constructive. Do you think you have been
constructive in your response to me?

I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to handles.
I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an idiot.
Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
"Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".
--
Neil UK

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> | disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
> | by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
> | that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
> | in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
> | experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
> |
> | Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
> | Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
> | apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
> | excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
> | political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
> |
> | Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
> | people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
> | please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
> | site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
> | that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
> |
> | --
> | Neil UK
>
> Welcome to Usenet !
>
> This NG is tame to many non-Microsoft NGs.
>
> As for a Kelly name. There is nothing that states you must use a unique handle. The word
> "Kelly" can be a first name or a last name. Try a situation where three people in a NG call
> themselves "Dave". If you are unsure, look at their headers to tell them apart.
>
> Oh, I see, you don't know how to access News Groups and you are using the MS CDO Web front
> end to the News Groups and you can't see headers. Too bad -- learn !
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:36:01 PM

>> | As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
>> | disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been
>> posed
>> | by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless
>> replies
>> | that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am
>> not
>> | in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to
>> be
>> | experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say
>> ENOUGH!
>> |
>> | Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called
>> David
>> | Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe
>> should
>> | apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
>> | excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
>> | political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
>> |
>> | Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two
>> different
>> | people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly,
>> so
>> | please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host
>> this
>> | site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters
>> so
>> | that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
>>
>> As for a Kelly name. There is nothing that states you must use a unique
>> handle. The word
>> "Kelly" can be a first name or a last name. Try a situation where three
>> people in a NG call
>> themselves "Dave". If you are unsure, look at their headers to tell them
>> apart.
>
> I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to
> handles.
> I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an
> idiot.
> Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
> "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".

If you wish to complain about any particular user, I'd ask that you use the
Contact Us link at the bottom of the page you are using, or at the bottom of
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default....

As for people posting with 'duplicate' names, there isn't going to be
anything to be done about that. One Kelly is not trying to spoof another.
Unique logon names are not required in a Usenet newsgroup, which this is,
regardless of what client you are using.

John Eddy
Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:36:02 PM

Dear Mr Eddy

I do appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to address the issues
I have raised. I don't at this time see the link you mention for complaining.
I have already complained in detail. If you can't find the people concerned,
that's your problem.

I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it just
doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one contributor!
--
Neil UK

"John Eddy [MSFT]" wrote:

> "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> posed
> >> replies
> >> not
> >> be
> >> ENOUGH!

> >> David
> >> should

> >> different
> >> so
> >> this
> >> so
> >>
> >> As for a Kelly name. There is nothing that states you must use a unique
> >> handle. The word
> >> "Kelly" can be a first name or a last name. Try a situation where three
> >> people in a NG call
> >> themselves "Dave". If you are unsure, look at their headers to tell them
> >> apart.
> >
> > I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to
> > handles.
> > I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an
> > idiot.
> > Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
> > "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".
>
> If you wish to complain about any particular user, I'd ask that you use the
> Contact Us link at the bottom of the page you are using, or at the bottom of
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default....
>
> As for people posting with 'duplicate' names, there isn't going to be
> anything to be done about that. One Kelly is not trying to spoof another.
> Unique logon names are not required in a Usenet newsgroup, which this is,
> regardless of what client you are using.
>
> John Eddy
> Microsoft Newsgroups Administrator

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:42:16 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have
> been posed by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting
> and useless replies that do not help the person who posed the
> original queries. I myself am not in any way an expert: but when I
> see people who hold themselves out to be experts indulging in
> personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
>
> Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is
> called David Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards
> that I believe should apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the
> pursuit of constructive excellence. This site should not be the
> ground for the dissemination of political or self-aggrandizing
> opinions.
>
> Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two
> different people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only
> one Kelly, so please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that
> those who host this site will take notice of my remarks and take
> steps to regulate matters so that only constructive and not
> DE-structive messages are posted.

Only thing worse than a netiquette-lamer is a politeness-lamer.
Pansy-asses like you need to chill out before your a**hole sh*ts you
inside out!

--
Peace!
Kurt

Dear Mr K**tr**l

Is there some reason that you feel driven to write insulting and abusive
material? It must go back to an unhappy childhood, I suppose. But why don't
you cut out the "***" and write the words out in full English? I assume it
because you know that someone would cut out your reply. Cowardly!

I am not a pansy: details of my heterosexual background can be supplied
(though not on this site). But if all you can do is to smear those who object
to your remarks, then you have no place in what is called an Expert Zone for
the discussions of problems involving the resolutions of XP problems.

Because you promoted it in these very pages, I have seen your polemical
website. It may surprise you but I do not disagree with many of the points
you make on that site. What I do disagree with is your immediate snarling
attitude on this particular website. The words "Up" and "Grow" leap unbidden
to my lips.

Go and lie in a darkened room and keep taking the tablets.
--
Neil UK

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Neil UK wrote:
> > As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> > disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have
> > been posed by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting
> > and useless replies that do not help the person who posed the
> > original queries. I myself am not in any way an expert: but when I
> > see people who hold themselves out to be experts indulging in
> > personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
> >
> > Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is
> > called David Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards
> > that I believe should apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the
> > pursuit of constructive excellence. This site should not be the
> > ground for the dissemination of political or self-aggrandizing
> > opinions.
> >
> > Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two
> > different people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only
> > one Kelly, so please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that
> > those who host this site will take notice of my remarks and take
> > steps to regulate matters so that only constructive and not
> > DE-structive messages are posted.
>
> Only thing worse than a netiquette-lamer is a politeness-lamer.
> Pansy-asses like you need to chill out before your a**hole sh*ts you
> inside out!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 6, 2005 5:50:55 PM

You tell 'em, Neil. I'm too mad.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:23:05 -0700, "Neil UK"
<NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
>disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
>by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
>that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
>in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
>experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
>
>Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
>Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
>apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
>excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
>political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
>
>Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
>people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
>please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
>site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
>that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:55:14 PM

Larry wrote:
> You tell 'em, Neil. I'm too mad.

Admitting your problem is the first step on the road toward recovery.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:55:15 PM

Dear K******l

You are the problem. We don't need you. Bye, bye!
--
Neil UK

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> > You tell 'em, Neil. I'm too mad.
>
> Admitting your problem is the first step on the road toward recovery.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:55:15 PM

So admit it then, Sonny Jim. Go home to Mama.
--
Neil UK

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> > You tell 'em, Neil. I'm too mad.
>
> Admitting your problem is the first step on the road toward recovery.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:02:42 PM

Frankly no one is interested in your opinion, and most of us are now
recognizing you for what you are, which is a troll, and will ignore anything
more you post.

> Dear Mr K**tr**l
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:02:43 PM

Wrong. I am not a troll, in any way you choose to define that word. You
cannot find in any previous posting of mine where I have raised points merely
to be a nuisance. I just want this website, or whatever it s supposed to be
called, to be used only to solve the problems of XP users. Is that too much
to ask?
--
Neil UK

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Frankly no one is interested in your opinion, and most of us are now
> recognizing you for what you are, which is a troll, and will ignore anything
> more you post.
>
> "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Mr K**tr**l

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:02:43 PM

I have only been introduced to the word "Troll" for the first time today.
Sorry, I don't fit your bill. I'm just a guy who is tired of being jerked
around by jerks. I have been called naive in this thread, and I am clearly no
expert. I just want this group to be used for the discussion of problems in
Windows XP, with no insults and no bad language. Is that too much to ask?
--
Neil UK

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Frankly no one is interested in your opinion, and most of us are now
> recognizing you for what you are, which is a troll, and will ignore anything
> more you post.
>
> "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Mr K**tr**l

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:09:19 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Dave
>
> Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family
> wouldn't recognise the way you are responding to my letter of
> complaint. I don't understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to
> newsnet". This zone is supposed to be dedicated to being
> constructive. Do you think you have been constructive in your
> response to me?
>
> I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to
> handles. I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't
> make me an idiot. Rather the opposite I should think. I still say
> that there should only one "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".

LOL! A senile pansy-ass! I love it!

Nothing worse that having some busy-body like you butting your nose in
what you could not and do not understand.

This isn't tea time at the bathhouse with the vicar. This is the
virtual wild west, and if you are as unarmed as you appear, then you
should cower in the corner with the womenfolk and watch house the
gunslingers fight it out, otherwise you'll get caught up in the
crossfire, like with this waste of a thread of yours.

Here is some sage advise:

Lurk, before jumping it with both feet. No CDO poster is taken
seriously here. So when you learn to ride without the CDO training
wheel, try your laming again. Until then, FROAD!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
June 6, 2005 6:09:20 PM

Hey Kurt. Before you go criticizing people on their lack of knowledge or
expertise you better take a look at yourself first. I see tons of posts by
you asking questions that my 10 year old niece can answer. So I question
your level of knowledge and expertise. Then I see replies from you that are
rude just as Neil explains and to top it off you give the wrong answers or
suggestions. I'm not sure if you do this on purpose just to irritate the NG
or if it is simply becuase you lack the knowledge. I assume it is the latter
given your attitude.

news:o shsjLsaFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Neil UK wrote:
>> Dave
>>
>> Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family
>> wouldn't recognise the way you are responding to my letter of
>> complaint. I don't understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to
>> newsnet". This zone is supposed to be dedicated to being
>> constructive. Do you think you have been constructive in your
>> response to me?
>>
>> I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to
>> handles. I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't
>> make me an idiot. Rather the opposite I should think. I still say
>> that there should only one "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".
>>

> LOL! A senile pansy-ass! I love it!
>
> Nothing worse that having some busy-body like you butting your nose in
> what you could not and do not understand.
>
> This isn't tea time at the bathhouse with the vicar. This is the virtual
> wild west, and if you are as unarmed as you appear, then you should cower
> in the corner with the womenfolk and watch house the gunslingers fight it
> out, otherwise you'll get caught up in the crossfire, like with this waste
> of a thread of yours.
>
> Here is some sage advise:
>
> Lurk, before jumping it with both feet. No CDO poster is taken seriously
> here. So when you learn to ride without the CDO training wheel, try your
> laming again. Until then, FROAD!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 6, 2005 6:11:05 PM

kurttrail wrote, "Admitting your problem is the first step on the road
toward recovery." I pray you find that road kurttrail!!!

George

> Larry wrote:
> > You tell 'em, Neil. I'm too mad.
>
> Admitting your problem is the first step on the road toward recovery.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 6, 2005 6:26:07 PM

Just out of curiosity, how would we go about determining who uses the name?
I know that are probably millions of people with the name Tom. Should I get
in touch with them and we could draw straws?

Tom
| I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it just
| doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one
contributor!
| --
| Neil UK

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:26:08 PM

Dear Tom

It is very simple. When you want to create a username to go online with,
say, AOL, or some other ISP, you'll find that some names have already been
reserved by others. You must have found that out when creating a new email
address. So why can't Microsoft create a system whereby each user has a
specific name to the exclusion of all others? It happens all the time in
email systems. So why not in this system?
--
Neil UK

"Tom" wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, how would we go about determining who uses the name?
> I know that are probably millions of people with the name Tom. Should I get
> in touch with them and we could draw straws?
>
> Tom
> | I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it just
> | doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one
> contributor!
> | --
> | Neil UK

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:29:34 PM

In news:FD938285-D578-44C3-ACF8-5E7003D2A668@microsoft.com,
Neil UK <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I just want this group to be used
> for the discussion of problems in Windows XP, with no insults
> and no
> bad language. Is that too much to ask?

I'm afraid it is too much to ask. As much as you or I might want
to set such rules, the reality of the way these newsgroups work
is that there are essentially no rules.

What is, is. Your choices are to live with it the way it is, or
if you can't, killfile those who offend you. Alternatively stay
away from the group entirely.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:32:02 PM

From: "Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Dave
|
| Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family wouldn't
| recognise the way you are responding to my letter of complaint. I don't
| understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to newsnet". This zone is
| supposed to be dedicated to being constructive. Do you think you have been
| constructive in your response to me?
|
| I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to handles.
| I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an idiot.
| Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
| "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".
| --
| Neil UK

Neil please don't come over as a naive child !

There is *much* you need to learn and I am not your teacher. Nor is anyone of the *many*
volunteers who spend their time helping those with Windows problems.

I didn't type "Welcome to newsnet", I wrote "Welcome to Usenet". Usenet is one of the
oldest Internet functions. It is older than http servers.

Back the Kelly name concept. You have to adapt to the system. The system will not adapt to
you. You also must be an adult and handle sarcasm and criticism.

Now to some facts...

This is not a "Zone". This is a Microsoft provided "News Group" to assist those with
problems with Windows XP.

Usenet is as inter-connected system of servers that share News Group hierarchies Microsoft
owns the hiearchy microsoft.*. Other notable hierarchies are; alt.* , alt.binaries.* ,
comp.*, rec.*, and the list goes on. There are tens of thousands of Usenet News Group. The
microsoft.* hierarchy is but a small portion of the entire User's Network (ergo, Usenet)
system.

The "proper" was to access News Groups is via a News Client. Is uses a network protocol
called Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP). Just like you access a web server via a
Universal Resource Locator (URL) in the form of http://web_site_address/ there is a URL for
News Servers and News Grups news://news_server_name/news_group_name

The URL for this News Group is;

If you were to click on the above URL it will take your default News Client to the Microsoft
News Server and this News Group. Most likely your default News Server is Outlook Express.

Microsoft also provides, for the newbie, a web browser front end to the Microsft News
Groups. It is for the intelectually challenged individual, those who don't know how to
"properly" access Usenet News Groups.

The following URL will take your default browser to this News Group.

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?Ne...;en-us;newsgroups

Now when I said "Welcome to Usenet" it was a sarcastic reply to indicate that your
expectations were too high and you need to go with the flow.

I don't know what your original problem was but if you don't drop that attitude of yours you
will not be helped and the sharks will smell blood in the Usenet waters and you will be
eaten alive.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:32:03 PM

Gee, I am so terrified!

Get the basic point and don't tell me I spelled something wrong. Answer me
right now: is it GOOD or is it BAD to sneer and use insulting and bad
language in response to the queries of the afflicted?
--
Neil UK

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> [...]
>
> If you were to click on the above URL it will take your default News Client to the Microsoft
> News Server and this News Group. Most likely your default News Server is Outlook Express.
>
> Microsoft also provides, for the newbie, a web browser front end to the Microsft News
> Groups. It is for the intelectually challenged individual, those who don't know how to
> "properly" access Usenet News Groups.
>
> The following URL will take your default browser to this News Group.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?Ne...;en-us;newsgroups
>
> Now when I said "Welcome to Usenet" it was a sarcastic reply to indicate that your
> expectations were too high and you need to go with the flow.
>
> I don't know what your original problem was but if you don't drop that attitude of yours you
> will not be helped and the sharks will smell blood in the Usenet waters and you will be

June 6, 2005 6:33:44 PM

peacemaker wrote:
> Hey Kurt. Before you go criticizing people on their lack of knowledge
> or expertise you better take a look at yourself first. I see tons of
> posts by you asking questions that my 10 year old niece can answer.

Quote some of them. I would bet most were rhetorical in nature.

> So I question your level of knowledge and expertise.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

> Then I see
> replies from you that are rude just as Neil explains and to top it
> off you give the wrong answers or suggestions.

LOL! I love how you make claims that you show absolutely no examples to
back up those claims.

> I'm not sure if you do
> this on purpose just to irritate the NG or if it is simply becuase
> you lack the knowledge. I assume it is the latter given your attitude.

You ASSume?! :-P

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:14:58 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Gee, I am so terrified!
>
> Get the basic point and don't tell me I spelled something wrong.
> Answer me right now: is it GOOD or is it BAD to sneer and use
> insulting and bad language in response to the queries of the
> afflicted?

You should just have read DHL's post and tried to learn from it.

If every reply that David Candy or I made here was one long continuous
insult, I might be more inclined to agree with you. However that is
very far from the case. With the exception of a handful of regulars,
I'm on very respectful terms with most every one else.

You paint way to broad a brush. From my point of view, I'm only "rude"
to those deserving of it. And those that butt their nose where it
really doesn't belong, deserve it in my book. I'm an Amercian, and I
don't mince words. I tell it as I see it, and I don't take any
prisoners.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:20:49 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Dear K******l
>
> You are the problem. We don't need you. Bye, bye!

LOL! Is someone forcing you to read my posts? If you do not possess
the self-control to stop reading my posts, then you are the one with the
problem.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:22:44 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> So admit it then, Sonny Jim. Go home to Mama.

LOL! Try again. You might come up with a witty reply sooner or later.
Even monkey's could come up with Hamlet if given enough time, and you
are about on their same level.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:33:49 PM

Well, it's not very simple. My company runs it's own mail server, and we
aren't beholden to AOL or some other ISP. True of many, many mail servers.

Tom
| Dear Tom
|
| It is very simple. When you want to create a username to go online with,
| say, AOL, or some other ISP, you'll find that some names have already been
| reserved by others. You must have found that out when creating a new email
| address. So why can't Microsoft create a system whereby each user has a
| specific name to the exclusion of all others? It happens all the time in
| email systems. So why not in this system?
| --
| Neil UK
|

| "Tom" wrote:
|

| > Just out of curiosity, how would we go about determining who uses the
name?
| > I know that are probably millions of people with the name Tom. Should I
get
| > in touch with them and we could draw straws?
| >
| > Tom
| > | I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it
just
| > | doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one
| > contributor!
| > | --
| > | Neil UK
| > |
| > |

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:44:40 PM

OMG! Now look what you've started Neil.

"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EA016C5-EFC5-4F3C-93D5-88AF5295C0DA@microsoft.com...
| As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
| disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been posed
| by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless replies
| that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am not
| in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
| experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
|
| Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called David
| Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe should
| apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
| excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
| political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
|
| Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
| people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
| please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host this
| site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
| that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
|

| --
| Neil UK
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:50:22 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Dear Mr Eddy
>
> I do appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to address the
> issues I have raised. I don't at this time see the link you mention
> for complaining. I have already complained in detail. If you can't
> find the people concerned, that's your problem.

How effin't rude! Your the one with a problem, supposedly with me over
my Jersey Boy manner, and then you try to turn it around to make your
problem John's!

What an arrogant prick you are, Neil! Who do you think you are to push
your problems on to others?!

> I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it
> just doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one
> contributor!

When you pay for you own group, then you can make the rules, but until
then, go bugger off!

This is the "Contact Us" link that John was talking about:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=2028376

Alternately, you can go to the page at the link below, and then click on
"Contact Us" at the bottom of that page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

HTH

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:50:23 PM

Arrogant prick? It takes one to know one. You are the one with the problems.
I was just seeking answers on this site, when suddenly I found a foul-mouthed
person, namely YOU. And what is this about paying for my own group? Do you
own or pay for the present group? I doubt it. The group is owned by Bill
Gates, not you. I see you in your small room, in the darkness, venting filth.
Have a nice day, Jersey Boy.
--
Neil UK

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Neil UK wrote:
> > Dear Mr Eddy
> >
> > I do appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to address the
> > issues I have raised. I don't at this time see the link you mention
> > for complaining. I have already complained in detail. If you can't
> > find the people concerned, that's your problem.
>
> How effin't rude! Your the one with a problem, supposedly with me over
> my Jersey Boy manner, and then you try to turn it around to make your
> problem John's!
>
> What an arrogant prick you are, Neil! Who do you think you are to push
> your problems on to others?!
>
> > I appreciate what has been said about people using the same name: it
> > just doesn't sit well with me. Change the system, I say. One name one
> > contributor!
>
> When you pay for you own group, then you can make the rules, but until
> then, go bugger off!
>
> This is the "Contact Us" link that John was talking about:
>
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=2028376
>
> Alternately, you can go to the page at the link below, and then click on
> "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:55:58 PM

Tom wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, how would we go about determining who uses the
> name? I know that are probably millions of people with the name Tom.
> Should I get in touch with them and we could draw straws?

You shall go forth and be known, now and forever, on the USENET as
"Curious Tom!"

So let it be written, so shall it be done!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:07:52 PM

"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EA016C5-EFC5-4F3C-93D5-88AF5295C0DA@microsoft.com...
> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been
> posed
> by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless
> replies
> that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am
> not
> in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
> experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say
> ENOUGH!
>
> Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called
> David
> Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe
> should
> apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
> excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
> political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
>
> Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
> people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
> please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host
> this
> site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
> that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
>

> --
> Neil UK

Your seemingly innocent post is in reality an evil plot to take away my
preferred form of entertainment. Nothing better than a Sunday morning
fishing trip trolling for minnows. Occasionally you hook a whale but that
can be fun too.

Seriously though, part of the reason Usenet is still here after all these
years is because it allows a free flow of uncensored information. Uncensored
internet access, of which Usenet is part, has helped with the downfall of
more than a few tyrannical governments. With that kind of freedom comes
abuse. Learn to put up with it or use AOL for your ISP. Oh yeah, I forgot,
they censored Usenet right out of existence for their customers.

Kerry
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:29:05 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Dear Tom
>
> It is very simple. When you want to create a username to go online
> with, say, AOL, or some other ISP, you'll find that some names have
> already been reserved by others. You must have found that out when
> creating a new email address. So why can't Microsoft create a system
> whereby each user has a specific name to the exclusion of all others?
> It happens all the time in email systems. So why not in this system?

They have that, they are called MSN Groups:

http://groups.msn.com/

Now go bugger off over there with the rest of the pansies.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 9:33:07 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Boring!!!

But it goes to show, that you lack the self-control to stop reading my
posts. You continue to torture yourself reading my rude posts, instead
of taking matters into your own hands and stop reading my words! But
then again, at your age, you have a hard enough of a time controlling
your bowels let alone being able to control what you read!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 9:46:49 PM

David Candy wrote:
> http://www.defence.gov.au/RAAF/interactive/games/AFDG_W...
>

> Here's a reward fo y'all. You too can be a RAAF guard. RAAF bases get
> buzzed by wild balloons and only the guard can defend the base.
>
> Thankfully Australia's enemies don't seem to have planes.

They'll just "borrow" America's planes when they feel the need!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 9:51:05 PM

Ken Blake wrote:
> In news:FD938285-D578-44C3-ACF8-5E7003D2A668@microsoft.com,
> Neil UK <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
>> I just want this group to be used
>> for the discussion of problems in Windows XP, with no insults
>> and no
>> bad language. Is that too much to ask?
>

> I'm afraid it is too much to ask. As much as you or I might want
> to set such rules, the reality of the way these newsgroups work
> is that there are essentially no rules.
>
> What is, is. Your choices are to live with it the way it is, or
> if you can't, killfile those who offend you. Alternatively stay
> away from the group entirely.

He'd have to use a newsreader in order to kill-file me like you have
Ken! ROFL!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:14 PM

In article <C95E1793-686A-4799-9C2B-73CF13383E46@microsoft.com>,
NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Dave
>
> Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family wouldn't
> recognise the way you are responding to my letter of complaint. I don't
> understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to newsnet". This zone is
> supposed to be dedicated to being constructive. Do you think you have been
> constructive in your response to me?

Neil, I've been on Usenet since the early 80's, and it gets worse every
year as more an more home users join the Internet age. The way that
Usenet works is that ANYONE can post ANYTHING and that it gets spread
around the world. The only thing that makes the MS groups different than
other groups is that MS has it's own Usenet servers which feed other
Usenet servers - and many of the MS groups are monitored by select
members of the team and some posts are filtered based on content.

In most groups, there are no moderators to filter posts, no admins, no
ability for us to cancel posts from lamers, etc....

The only thing that makes a "Zone" anything is the title of the group
and the quality of the members that frequent it.

> I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to handles.
> I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an idiot.
> Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
> "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".

This isn't going to happen - in Usenet it's not the posters name that
means anything, it's the message. You could have 50 people using "Neil
UK" and there is nothing you can do about it. If you connect to Usenet
through a Usenet feed and not a web interface you will find that it's a
lot easier to manage posts/replies/identities.

Just remember, it's not the user/name, it's the message that makes the
difference - anyone can post under any name at any time.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:15 PM

Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when I see
people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone has to stand up
for decency and constructive assistance.
--
Neil UK

"Leythos" wrote:

> In article <C95E1793-686A-4799-9C2B-73CF13383E46@microsoft.com>,
> NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > Dave
> >
> > Please, please, don't come over as arrogant. I am sure your family wouldn't
> > recognise the way you are responding to my letter of complaint. I don't
> > understand what you mean when you say "Welcome to newsnet". This zone is
> > supposed to be dedicated to being constructive. Do you think you have been
> > constructive in your response to me?
>
> Neil, I've been on Usenet since the early 80's, and it gets worse every
> year as more an more home users join the Internet age. The way that
> Usenet works is that ANYONE can post ANYTHING and that it gets spread
> around the world. The only thing that makes the MS groups different than
> other groups is that MS has it's own Usenet servers which feed other
> Usenet servers - and many of the MS groups are monitored by select
> members of the team and some posts are filtered based on content.
>
> In most groups, there are no moderators to filter posts, no admins, no
> ability for us to cancel posts from lamers, etc....
>
> The only thing that makes a "Zone" anything is the title of the group
> and the quality of the members that frequent it.
>
> > I do know how to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to handles.
> > I didn't need you to educate me. Being 70 years old doesn't make me an idiot.
> > Rather the opposite I should think. I still say that there should only one
> > "Kelly" as there is only one "Neil UK".
>
> This isn't going to happen - in Usenet it's not the posters name that
> means anything, it's the message. You could have 50 people using "Neil
> UK" and there is nothing you can do about it. If you connect to Usenet
> through a Usenet feed and not a web interface you will find that it's a
> lot easier to manage posts/replies/identities.
>
> Just remember, it's not the user/name, it's the message that makes the
> difference - anyone can post under any name at any time.

> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:16 PM

Neil UK wrote:

> Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when I see
> people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone has to stand up
> for decency and constructive assistance.

You'll just get flamed for it (as you already have), generating more of
the same stuff you're objecting to.

Steve
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:16 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when I
> see people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone has
> to stand up for decency and constructive assistance.

LOL! And someone has to stand up for indecency and and having a good
time!

http://microscum.com/kurtdevil.gif

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:17 PM

Steve N. wrote:
> Neil UK wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when
>> I see people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone
>> has to stand up for decency and constructive assistance.
>
> You'll just get flamed for it (as you already have), generating more
> of the same stuff you're objecting to.

Like when my mom used to complain about my driving too fast, and kept
going on and on about it. She couldn't stop herself, even though she
knew the more she bitched the faster I drove!

I wasn't gonna let her get me upset with her over her nagging, nor was I
gonna give in to it, and let her have her way in my car.

Same with back-seat USENET driver. The more they bitch about more
posts, the more I give them something to bitch over! And the whole time
I'm just laughing at the getting upset over mere words! People are
being killed all over the world, but some senile homophobic pansy is
gonna stand up to my impoliteness, like that is gonna make all the
difference, and we can all live happily ever after!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:18 PM

Hmmm. Homophobic pansy??! And who is the one telling us about his Mom
(aahh!). And the lyrics from "Annie". Sweet. How telling.
--
Neil UK

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Steve N. wrote:
> > Neil UK wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when
> >> I see people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone
> >> has to stand up for decency and constructive assistance.
> >
> > You'll just get flamed for it (as you already have), generating more
> > of the same stuff you're objecting to.
> >

> Like when my mom used to complain about my driving too fast, and kept
> going on and on about it. She couldn't stop herself, even though she
> knew the more she bitched the faster I drove!
>
> I wasn't gonna let her get me upset with her over her nagging, nor was I
> gonna give in to it, and let her have her way in my car.
>
> Same with back-seat USENET driver. The more they bitch about more
> posts, the more I give them something to bitch over! And the whole time
> I'm just laughing at the getting upset over mere words! People are
> being killed all over the world, but some senile homophobic pansy is
> gonna stand up to my impoliteness, like that is gonna make all the
> difference, and we can all live happily ever after!
>
> The sun'll come out
> Tomorrow
> Bet your bottom dollar
> That tomorrow
> There'll be sun!
>
> Just thinkin' about
> Tomorrow
> Clears away the cobwebs,
> And the sorrow
> 'Til there's none!
>
> When I'm stuck a day
> That's gray,
> And lonely,
> I just stick out my chin
> And Grin,
> And Say,
> Oh!
>
> The sun'll come out
> Tomorrow
> So ya gotta hang on
> 'Til tomorrow
> Come what may
> Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
> I love ya Tomorrow!
> You're always
> A day
> A way!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:43:19 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> Hmmm. Homophobic pansy??!

Yeah, you automatically assumed that I meant pansy as a dig at your
sexual preference, when it had to do with you effeminate manner.

> And who is the one telling us about his Mom
> (aahh!).

I was telling making an analogy with a personal story of mine, decades
old. Since you didn't comprehend it, I'll put it more plainly for you,
I compared you to an old nagging bitch!

> And the lyrics from "Annie". Sweet. How telling.

LOL! I got no problem showing my knowledge of show tunes! Is your
homophobia rearing its ugly head again?

>> Steve N. wrote:

>>> You'll just get flamed for it (as you already have), generating more
>>> of the same stuff you're objecting to.
>>>

>> Like when my mom used to complain about my driving too fast, and kept
>> going on and on about it. She couldn't stop herself, even though she
>> knew the more she bitched the faster I drove!
>>
>> I wasn't gonna let her get me upset with her over her nagging, nor
>> was I gonna give in to it, and let her have her way in my car.
>>
>> Same with back-seat USENET driver. The more they bitch about more
>> posts, the more I give them something to bitch over! And the whole
>> time I'm just laughing at the getting upset over mere words! People
>> are being killed all over the world, but some senile homophobic
>> pansy is gonna stand up to my impoliteness, like that is gonna make
>> all the difference, and we can all live happily ever after!
>>
>> The sun'll come out
>> Tomorrow
>> Bet your bottom dollar
>> That tomorrow
>> There'll be sun!
>>
>> Just thinkin' about
>> Tomorrow
>> Clears away the cobwebs,
>> And the sorrow
>> 'Til there's none!
>>
>> When I'm stuck a day
>> That's gray,
>> And lonely,
>> I just stick out my chin
>> And Grin,
>> And Say,
>> Oh!
>>
>> The sun'll come out
>> Tomorrow
>> So ya gotta hang on
>> 'Til tomorrow
>> Come what may
>> Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
>> I love ya Tomorrow!
>> You're always
>> A day
>> A way!
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
June 6, 2005 10:43:31 PM

You would have been better just sticking to the rudeness issue. Telling
people they can't post using their own name is unlikely to be listened to.

Jon

"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D EA016C5-EFC5-4F3C-93D5-88AF5295C0DA@microsoft.com...
> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have been
> posed
> by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting and useless
> replies
> that do not help the person who posed the original queries. I myself am
> not
> in any way an expert: but when I see people who hold themselves out to be
> experts indulging in personal and scatological abuse of others, I say
> ENOUGH!
>
> Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is called
> David
> Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards that I believe
> should
> apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the pursuit of constructive
> excellence. This site should not be the ground for the dissemination of
> political or self-aggrandizing opinions.
>
> Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two different
> people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only one Kelly, so
> please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that those who host
> this
> site will take notice of my remarks and take steps to regulate matters so
> that only constructive and not DE-structive messages are posted.
>

> --
> Neil UK
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:44:12 PM

Neil UK wrote:
> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express my
> disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have
> been posed by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting
> and useless replies that do not help the person who posed the
> original queries. I myself am not in any way an expert: but when I
> see people who hold themselves out to be experts indulging in
> personal and scatological abuse of others, I say ENOUGH!
>
> Recently a person who calls himself Kurtrail and another who is
> called David Candy have, in my opinion, fallen below the standards
> that I believe should apply to a zone that should be dedicated to the
> pursuit of constructive excellence. This site should not be the
> ground for the dissemination of political or self-aggrandizing
> opinions.
>
> Nor have we been helped by the fact that it now appears that two
> different people are posting using the handle "Kelly". There is only
> one Kelly, so please will the spoofer get off the line. I assume that
> those who host this site will take notice of my remarks and take
> steps to regulate matters so that only constructive and not
> DE-structive messages are posted.

Think I rude here?! Think again! Just check out my latest Blog entry!

I dedicate it to you, Neil, as it was your obvious case of LDS that
inspired it!

http://kurttrail.com/kblog/

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:56:09 PM

MarcD wrote:
> OMG! Now look what you've started Neil.

Exactly what all trolls want, attention!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:02:53 PM

Neil UK on 06/06/2005 wrote:

> As a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup, I wish to express
> my disgust that one or two people are replying to questions that have
> been posed by persons who are in difficulties by writing insulting
> and useless replies that do not help the person who posed the
> original queries.

Greetings David,

....and before you pull the age trip on me I have to say I am not too
far off your age ;-)

Although I agree with your sentiments over rudeness to people asking
sensible questions please try to understand the following. The vast
proportion of Usenet is anarchistic, there is no one who can control
it. There are some newsgroups through some servers that are heavily
moderated to the extent that you may not see the question that you
posted for a few days...the more moderated and controlled the less
usable they become. The thing is that for an anarchistic environment
things work pretty well on the whole. Now about trouble makers and
rude people who rile you enough to make you angry etc.:

As you are posting via web you have very little control over them.
Best to get a good newsreader client (I use XanaNews, but, most are
functional) and with that you can if necessary block or filter users
and content as you see fit. Watch out for Trolls too, they will bait
you at first gently maybe or figure out your weakness just to wind you
up and create arguments. Normally they are sociopathic and attention
seeking, but, often intelligent as well.

There is no way of really stopping people using newsgroups as even if
they can be banned or warned they can always re-enter under a different
alias. There is no international law, and probably never be one, to
stop unstable, insane or just rude people using the Internet. The
bottom line is to not get wound up, not concentrate upon the Bozos, get
a good newsreader and learn how to filter etc.

Don't blame God for the rain, take an umbrella.

Rob (and I bet there are quite a few other Robs too :-))
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:14:43 PM

Canopus on 06/06/2005 wrote:

PS. Meanwhile I see quite a few posts in that thread have been pulled.
Can't quite figure how mine was pulled as I didn't swear in it and just
said goodbye to the one that was using a foul mouth. There you go,
censorship is indiscriminatory.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:20:46 PM

In article <A6D910B4-DD67-4A60-8817-7895974EF964@microsoft.com>,
NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Thanks for the balanced response. I learned something new. But when I see
> people responding arrogantly (not you), I will reply. Someone has to stand up
> for decency and constructive assistance.

Neil, actually taking the time to reply to rude posters in Usenet is
almost counter productive, unless you are just bored and want to play
with them for a while.

Most of the people that are rude are rude to hide some insecurity they
have or because they desire attention. Many rude posters have an agenda
that does not coincide with the groups charter (if it has one) or the
normal usage of the group - there are there to get attention for their
cause (even if you never figure out their cause).

A reasonable explanation of Trolls/Trolling can be read at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Over the years you will learn to spot trolls, some are easy, some are
very good at it and hard to spot. It almost never does any good to argue
with a troll, even if you're just having fun with them. I've been guilty
of playing with a couple of the groups trolls here, and even gotten bit
by a couple, but they are here to stay as they get plenty of attention.

The key part of this is that even responding to a troll just feeds them
with more reasons to post/keep posting - they need the attention to feed
their disease.

!