Blue screen errors and virus issues

LiziMI

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello,
I keep getting a message on a bluescreen, often when the cpu comes out of sleep mode, that it is shutting down to avoid damage or something. I also often have trouble getting ctrl alt del t work. Recently, we removed several viruses, and hijackers from the computer, that made it so I couldn't even google search, and its only been doing it since then. As I write, malwarebytes said it was removing threats. I have scoured everywhere I could think of and removed almost all unnecessary programs, files and downloads. Could there stll be a virus? Could a previous virus have corrupted the comp irreversably? any insight would be greatly appreciated.

there are some files anti virus are not good at scanning like system files. so a rootkit scanner is good for that --> Norton Power Eraser

Check system files
click start > type cmd (hit enter) > type sfc /scannow

this will perform a system file check. this will ensure all system files are intact and in the origanal format.

some viruses install rouge drivers and drivers are known for causeing bsod's.
right click on my computer and select manage > click on device manager > expand each device and double click on each one > click the driver tab and select update driver.

LiziMI

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

I tried the sfc thing, and it says: "you must be an administrator running a console sesion in order to use the sfc utility.