How many times can I recover my windows from hp recovery system?

karim_takla

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I decided to recover the windows and I haven't made the recovery disc yet, so I will recover from from windows directly from hp recovery system
I just want to know how many times can I use this option for later?
will my recovery partition be deleted?

Solution
It should preserve the recovery partition; but make those disks because if your hard drive dies you will not be able to recover at all without them, and will have to buy a new copy of windows.

Edit: There should be no limit to the number of times you can recover in this way as long as your hard-drive is intact; though if you recover several times, you may be asked to call microsoft to activate your Windows, which isn't a big deal. Keep in mind that the HP recovery will delete ALL of your files, so back them up before starting it.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
It should preserve the recovery partition; but make those disks because if your hard drive dies you will not be able to recover at all without them, and will have to buy a new copy of windows.

Edit: There should be no limit to the number of times you can recover in this way as long as your hard-drive is intact; though if you recover several times, you may be asked to call microsoft to activate your Windows, which isn't a big deal. Keep in mind that the HP recovery will delete ALL of your files, so back them up before starting it.

Solution

chad2625

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012

I think you can use it untill your computer stops working. The HP system recovery (recovery), most likely (99.99999999%) stored on your hard drive, on "hidden" or secured partition . When you go into Recovery, you Computer boots off of the recovery partition, instead of the normal windows partition. The recovery then formats the primary partition re installs windows, it never modifies anything on the recovery partition. If it does it just is a log file showing that you restored
Aslong as you A) don't delete the recovery partition using partition manager, or windows installer B) dont replace your hard drive you should be fine.

Hope that helps