UO anniversary gifts?

Weren't we supposed to get emails with codes for extra gifts this
September? UO's anniversary is the 25th, I think, so will they be mailed
out tomorrow? Anyhow heard info on this?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Weren't we supposed to get emails with codes for extra gifts this
> September? UO's anniversary is the 25th, I think, so will they be mailed
> out tomorrow? Anyhow heard info on this?

EA has been very quiet on the issue. Not even a peep on Stratics, other
than to confirm that Sept 25th is the anniversary date. Speculation has it
that we won't see the e-mails until Monday or Tuesday since Saturday isn't a
normal workday.

"Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

>EA has been very quiet on the issue. Not even a peep on Stratics, other
>than to confirm that Sept 25th is the anniversary date. Speculation has it
>that we won't see the e-mails until Monday or Tuesday since Saturday isn't a
>normal workday.

That speculation is now proven wrong, I just got my code in my email.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:57:16 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>"Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
>
>>EA has been very quiet on the issue. Not even a peep on Stratics, other
>>than to confirm that Sept 25th is the anniversary date. Speculation has it
>>that we won't see the e-mails until Monday or Tuesday since Saturday isn't a
>>normal workday.
>
>That speculation is now proven wrong, I just got my code in my email.
>
>D.

Can you tell me what they used for the sender's email address this time?
Or just post the headers? Thanks.

From: Ultima Online <UltimaOnline@fun.ea.com>
To: Me
Subject: 7th Anniversary Gift Code Enclosed

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:34:38 -0700, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

>it
>isn't a
>> >
>> >That speculation is now proven wrong, I just got my code in my email.
>> >
>> >D.
>>
>> Can you tell me what they used for the sender's email address this time?
>> Or just post the headers? Thanks.
>
>From: Ultima Online <UltimaOnline@fun.ea.com>
>To: Me
>Subject: 7th Anniversary Gift Code Enclosed

Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
filters.)

--

Magik wrote:

> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

> it
> isn't a
> > >
> > >That speculation is now proven wrong, I just got my code in my email.
> > >
> > >D.
> >
> > Can you tell me what they used for the sender's email address this time?
> > Or just post the headers? Thanks.
>
> From: Ultima Online <UltimaOnline@fun.ea.com>
> To: Me
> Subject: 7th Anniversary Gift Code Enclosed

hmm--so what do you do if your span software filtered out their
emails?...

archeon

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
> about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
> filters.)

I have only got 1 out of 3 accounts today? Should I be worried???

Archeon

"Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
>> about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
>> filters.)
>
>I have only got 1 out of 3 accounts today? Should I be worried???

From uo.com:

"However, if you have multiple accounts registered with the same email
address and are opted-in for email, then you probably only received
one code. We apologize for the delay. The rest of the gifts codes due
to you will be mailed by 9-28-04."

D.
--

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:13:59 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>"Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net> wrote:
>

>>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
>>> about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
>>> filters.)
>>
>>I have only got 1 out of 3 accounts today? Should I be worried???
>
>From uo.com:
>
>"However, if you have multiple accounts registered with the same email
>address and are opted-in for email, then you probably only received
>one code. We apologize for the delay. The rest of the gifts codes due
>to you will be mailed by 9-28-04."

I wonder why they don't just give you your code when you log into the UO
Account page. Seems like that would be less problematic than relying upon
spammy emails.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

> I wonder why they don't just give you your code when you log into the UO
> Account page. Seems like that would be less problematic than relying upon
> spammy emails.

Or just do as they did with the AoS gifts for putting up with it's b.s. and
just have a window appear on login. It would have been simplier and used
code they already had.

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>I wonder why they don't just give you your code when you log into the UO
>Account page. Seems like that would be less problematic than relying upon
>spammy emails.

Rember how the account and login servers were hammered the day AoS
opened?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

>> Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
>> about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
>> filters.)
>
> I have only got 1 out of 3 accounts today? Should I be worried???
>

> Archeon

I only have one account and havn't seen any of gift codes yet. I guess thats
ok though. I have no clue to what I am gonna get yet. Already got the samuri
helm.

Sticky_314

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 04:49:37 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I wonder why they don't just give you your code when you log into the UO
>>Account page. Seems like that would be less problematic than relying upon
>>spammy emails.
>
>Rember how the account and login servers were hammered the day AoS
>opened?

How is that different from everyone logging into the account pages to
check that their email addys were correct?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

I got my code in email. Now I have The Holy Sword and The Ancient Samurai
Helm.

I have been killed a few times with the Holy Sword, I never lost it. These
items can not be insured, is there any event that would make me loose them
or are the mine for the life of the character.

Andrea

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Weren't we supposed to get emails with codes for extra gifts this
> September? UO's anniversary is the 25th, I think, so will they be mailed
> out tomorrow? Anyhow heard info on this?
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 04:49:37 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
>
>>Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I wonder why they don't just give you your code when you log into the UO
>>>Account page. Seems like that would be less problematic than relying upon
>>>spammy emails.
>>
>>Rember how the account and login servers were hammered the day AoS
>>opened?
>
>How is that different from everyone logging into the account pages to
>check that their email addys were correct?

Because that took place across several days/weeks as opposed to across
a few hours as the word spreads the codes are available.

D.
--

Polychromic wrote:

> Thanks. I'm worried that my spam filters will eat these mails. (I get
> about 400 spam per day but I normally don't see any thanks to the
> filters.)

I was too, but I recently got a "spam" from EA so I assume it
would get through.

--

archeon

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "However, if you have multiple accounts registered with the same email
> address and are opted-in for email, then you probably only received
> one code. We apologize for the delay. The rest of the gifts codes due
> to you will be mailed by 9-28-04."

Thanks! Feel better now ;)

Archeon

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:24:05 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

>Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>>>Rember how the account and login servers were hammered the day AoS
>>>opened?
>>
>>How is that different from everyone logging into the account pages to
>>check that their email addys were correct?
>
>Because that took place across several days/weeks as opposed to across
>a few hours as the word spreads the codes are available.

Ahhh...so when during those few hours and everyone logged into the account
servers to check their email addresses were correct, that was different
how?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:19:13 -0700, "Andrea2"
<andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I got my code in email. Now I have The Holy Sword and The Ancient Samurai
>Helm.
>
>I have been killed a few times with the Holy Sword, I never lost it. These
>items can not be insured, is there any event that would make me loose them
>or are the mine for the life of the character.

If you drop it on purpose or put it into a container inside your main
pack, then die and are looted by monsters or let you body decay - then you
will lose it. Otherwise blessed items should stay with you.

Actually there is some bug where blessed and insured items can be looted
but I don't know how that happens.

--

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:19:13 -0700, "Andrea2"
> <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I got my code in email. Now I have The Holy Sword and The Ancient Samurai
> >Helm.
> >
> >I have been killed a few times with the Holy Sword, I never lost it.
These
> >items can not be insured, is there any event that would make me loose
them
> >or are the mine for the life of the character.
>
> If you drop it on purpose or put it into a container inside your main
> pack, then die and are looted by monsters or let you body decay - then you
> will lose it. Otherwise blessed items should stay with you.
>
> Actually there is some bug where blessed and insured items can be looted
> but I don't know how that happens.

One theory is that it happens if you are overloaded when you die. Someone
reported getting the Royal Leggings off a monster that must have looted them
from someone's body. People have reported it happening when no other
players were around, so it isn't just due to an exploit. Leurocian was
asking for feedback from people it had happened to, so hopefully the devs
will figure it out and get a fix in the next publish.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:08:03 -0700, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

>One theory is that it happens if you are overloaded when you die. Someone
>reported getting the Royal Leggings off a monster that must have looted them
>from someone's body. People have reported it happening when no other
>players were around, so it isn't just due to an exploit. Leurocian was
>asking for feedback from people it had happened to, so hopefully the devs
>will figure it out and get a fix in the next publish.

Yeah, I read that. Seems like someone would be complaining. It's hard to
miss those Ember Leggings.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:08:03 -0700, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
>
> >One theory is that it happens if you are overloaded when you die.
Someone
> >reported getting the Royal Leggings off a monster that must have looted
them
> >from someone's body. People have reported it happening when no other
> >players were around, so it isn't just due to an exploit. Leurocian was
> >asking for feedback from people it had happened to, so hopefully the devs
> >will figure it out and get a fix in the next publish.
>
> Yeah, I read that. Seems like someone would be complaining. It's hard to
> miss those Ember Leggings.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Are these even blessed on siege?

"Aaron" <aarons6@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:08:03 -0700, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:
>>
>> >One theory is that it happens if you are overloaded when you die.
> Someone
>> >reported getting the Royal Leggings off a monster that must have looted
> them
>> >from someone's body. People have reported it happening when no other
>> >players were around, so it isn't just due to an exploit. Leurocian was
>> >asking for feedback from people it had happened to, so hopefully the
>> >devs
>> >will figure it out and get a fix in the next publish.
>>
>> Yeah, I read that. Seems like someone would be complaining. It's hard
>> miss those Ember Leggings.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>

> Are these even blessed on siege?

Yes, they are, much to many players dismay, and I really don't want to start
another long winded discussion on the politics of THAT! *puts fingers in
ears*