Unable to see all computers in "microsoft windows network"

In widnows explorer when I click on entire network then Microsoft windows
network it lists the domains in my company. Under the company domain on some
computers (including mine) it only shows 2-3 computers when there are around
75 in the company and other computers list all 75.

Our network is Active directory based and setup as a domain. I have tried to
research this quite a bit and haven't found the answer if anyone can help I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about unable computers microsoft windows network

    If you are not the administrator for your company network, then I advise you
    contact them.

    If you are, try manually accessing other computers from Start | Run. Type
    \\computername1

    Can be due to restrictions/ firewall / subnet. Let us know more information
    on the issue. Like troubleshooting steps done.

    --
    Jonybrv

    "DSmith" wrote:

    > In widnows explorer when I click on entire network then Microsoft windows
    > network it lists the domains in my company. Under the company domain on some
    > computers (including mine) it only shows 2-3 computers when there are around
    > 75 in the company and other computers list all 75.
    >
    > Our network is Active directory based and setup as a domain. I have tried to
    > research this quite a bit and haven't found the answer if anyone can help I
    > would really appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I an the system administrator for our network and this is really just an
    annoyance that ive been trying to get to the bottom of because I can access
    other computers by using \\computername\sharename in the run dialog box. Most
    systems on the network can see all the other machines in network places and
    even the ones that cant can still access all network shares.

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > If you are not the administrator for your company network, then I advise you
    > contact them.
    >
    > If you are, try manually accessing other computers from Start | Run. Type
    > \\computername1
    >
    > Can be due to restrictions/ firewall / subnet. Let us know more information
    > on the issue. Like troubleshooting steps done.
    >

    > --
    > Jonybrv
    >
    > "DSmith" wrote:
    >
    > > In widnows explorer when I click on entire network then Microsoft windows
    > > network it lists the domains in my company. Under the company domain on some
    > > computers (including mine) it only shows 2-3 computers when there are around
    > > 75 in the company and other computers list all 75.
    > >
    > > Our network is Active directory based and setup as a domain. I have tried to
    > > research this quite a bit and haven't found the answer if anyone can help I
    > > would really appreciate it.
    > >
    > > Thanks!

Domain Computers Microsoft Windows XP