If not, then how do they ever bond?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:e59gl01pab74gsvhmi6hqve0b8g0h8hj4h@4ax.com...
> You don't feed these guys do you?
> If not, then how do they ever bond?

They never do bond. You need the gate spell to travel with them and once
they die they have to be replaced.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:29:13 GMT, "Baydlor" <Baydlor@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> You don't feed these guys do you?
>> If not, then how do they ever bond?
>>

>They never do bond. You need the gate spell to travel with them and once
>they die they have to be replaced.

I figured as much. Thanks for clearing that up. Oh well, my Blacksmith
GM'd Tinkering a couple days ago so I decided to try making one and had
some questions.

Did you know that releasing a golem causes karma loss? Better be careful
the next time you dispose of a vacuum. The cops might get you for being
immoral to a machine!

I transferred the golem to a different char who was trying to reach 110
swords skill to do the training bit with. After whacking the golem for a
hour with a 100% poisoning axe, he got no gains at all. But the first
frenzied ostard he met gave him .1 so I guess golems aren't "magic" in
that regard. Too boring anyhow.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

archeon

>> Did you know that releasing a golem causes karma loss? Better be careful
> the next time you dispose of a vacuum. The cops might get you for being
> immoral to a machine!

Strange... you know how nature abhors a vacuum :)

Archeon

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>I transferred the golem to a different char who was trying to reach 110
>swords skill to do the training bit with. After whacking the golem for a
>hour with a 100% poisoning axe, he got no gains at all. But the first
>frenzied ostard he met gave him .1 so I guess golems aren't "magic" in
>that regard. Too boring anyhow.

They are popular with the scripter crowd because slow gains don't
bother them. They can sit at the Luna moongate for literally hours
and train while they sleep, go to school, etc.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Polychromic wrote:

> You don't feed these guys do you?
> If not, then how do they ever bond?

Dude, it's a clock....

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

Derek Lyons wrote:

> Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>I transferred the golem to a different char who was trying to reach 110
>>swords skill to do the training bit with. After whacking the golem for a
>>hour with a 100% poisoning axe, he got no gains at all. But the first
>>frenzied ostard he met gave him .1 so I guess golems aren't "magic" in
>>that regard. Too boring anyhow.
>

> They are popular with the scripter crowd because slow gains don't
> bother them. They can sit at the Luna moongate for literally hours
> and train while they sleep, go to school, etc.
>
> D.

New set of people to me. I've learned they sit for hourse (days)
across the street from the bank in haven. Many sitting to clear
they're redness. One of them is either leaving or lightening his load
as I saw under his name "This account for sale" If you ever wanted to
be a bad-ass PvPer with out all the guesswork, there it is.

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:27:51 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>
>> You don't feed these guys do you?
>> If not, then how do they ever bond?
>>

> Dude, it's a clock....

I feed my clock electricity and/or batteries.
For all I knew it could have required power crystals or arcane gems every
few hours.

--

Polychromic wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:27:51 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>Polychromic wrote:
>>

>>>You don't feed these guys do you?
>>>If not, then how do they ever bond?
>>>

>> Dude, it's a clock....
>

> I feed my clock electricity and/or batteries.
> For all I knew it could have required power crystals or arcane gems every
> few hours.

It does use a power chrystal, but I don't think it's considered
"feeding". May I suggest a chicken... :-D