If I use a skill scroll to increase a skill, is that increase permanent? If
not, how long does it last?

Andrea

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:12:58 -0700, "Andrea2"
<andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>If I use a skill scroll to increase a skill, is that increase permanent? If
>not, how long does it last?
>
>Andrea

You must mean the white powerscrolls? They increase your skill cap for
that particular skill. Normally the cap for any skill is 100 so if you
used a powerscroll of 110, you would then be capped at 110. They're not
additive so if you use a 105 one for anatomy, then a 110 one for anatomy,
your cap would just be 110 not 115. The effects are permanent.

You still must gain the skill to reach the cap as usual. Your total skill
cap is probably 700 unless you bought a used account. Using powerscrolls
doesn't increase this so if you eventually have 7 GM skills at 100, you
could still use a powerscroll but to increase that skill above 100 you
would have to set one of the others to decay.

There are also powerscrolls for your stats. They increase the total stat
cap from 225 to 230-250 depending on which one you use. Also not
cumulative in effect.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Andrea2 wrote:

> If I use a skill scroll to increase a skill, is that increase permanent? If
> not, how long does it last?
>
> Andrea

In a shorter, less confusing answer ( =p ) it raises the amount
of skill points you can train up to for that skill, it does not raise
the points you have acquired so far.

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate