jack_d12

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2002
hiya there,
I'm having some difficulties with my hard drive.. it seems that if i keep my pc on for a few days with out a reboot or shut down i would need to reinstall winxp ??? after i try to reboot i would go to the winxp load up screen and just before it would start up it would give me a screen that flashes by so fast i couldn't read what it says. then i would need to reinstall everything to get back into my files and all and during installation i can reboot but if i leave it on for a few days then reboot then the problem occurs again so i'm not really sure if it's a hardware problem... it's a 30gb WD don't remember the model number tho .. anyone got any information on this problem ?? also i have a 160gb WD1600jb or something (the one with 8mb cache) that i use as backup the 30gb is for the os. But winxp only recognizes 131gb of it at boot up it would show 149gb but once i get into winxp it would show only 131 ?? thanks in advance..

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
These >><A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=86555#86555" target="_new"> Previous Discussion</A> << may be of some use to you.

Some of your problem could be for a number of reason like a virus or a worm. Maybe just the hard drive is bad.

To see what the message is you might try using the "Pause" key (might work) and use <esc> or <enter> to restart. Good luck nimble fingers!

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 11/20/03 09:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>