Cheap vendors

While I'm building up my character, my weapons/armor gets damaged. I use the
repair contracts to get them repaired. There is a lot of difference in price
between vendors for the repair contracts. Where is the cheapest vendor where
they are readily available?

Also, I have been looking for a black robe. I lost mine when I got killed
and it wasn't insured. Know of any vendors that has them?

Andrea
4 answers Last reply
More about cheap vendors
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:43:12 -0700, "Andrea2"
    <andrea6192001nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >While I'm building up my character, my weapons/armor gets damaged. I use the
    >repair contracts to get them repaired. There is a lot of difference in price
    >between vendors for the repair contracts. Where is the cheapest vendor where
    >they are readily available?
    >
    >Also, I have been looking for a black robe. I lost mine when I got killed
    >and it wasn't insured. Know of any vendors that has them?
    >

    >Andrea

    What would you like repaired?

    You can get repair deeds from blacksmiths, tailors, bowyers,
    carpenters, and tinkers. Most large vendor houses will have
    someone stocking repair deeds.

    I don't know if there is a difference between legendary and GM
    repairs, but I hate paying more than 40gp per deed.

    Black robes are easy, just save the robe you get free, with your
    subscription to death, and locate a black dye tub. Dye it
    yourself. Also frequently found in larger vendor houses.

    As someone else noted, each time you use a repair deed, the total
    endurance of your item decreases. Do not repair too often.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:07:28 -0500, Jaeger Prelac
    <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:

    >I don't know if there is a difference between legendary and GM
    >repairs, but I hate paying more than 40gp per deed.

    The only difference between a legendary and a GM repair deed is that
    the legendary has a slightly better chance of not damaging the maximum
    durability of the item you repair with it.

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Thanks guys, there is so much to this game to learn. Without the help of
    this group, I would never have gotten as far as I have.

    Andrea
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:07:28 -0500, Jaeger Prelac
    > <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:

    > The only difference between a legendary and a GM repair deed is that
    > the legendary has a slightly better chance of not damaging the maximum
    > durability of the item you repair with it.

    "slightly" is quite right! Should be higher IMO...

    Archeon

Computers Games Video Games