Couple of questions on "new" features from an old player!

lee

Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.

I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that looking
at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions I
have.

1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high value?
2. Item insurance - how do i do this - what does it do - how much does it
cost?
3. Presume that due to the fact that you can always see the features of a
weapon, arms lore is now obsolete?

Thanks folks

Lee

"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
>
> I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that looking
> at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions
> have.
>
> 1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
> with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high
value?
> 2. Item insurance - how do i do this - what does it do - how much does it
> cost?
> 3. Presume that due to the fact that you can always see the features of a
> weapon, arms lore is now obsolete?
>
> Thanks folks
>
> Lee

I believe people look for a luck suit of 1200 luck. That may well be the
cap for luck. It gives a slightly better chance to find slightly better
loot on a monster you kill. I haven't found much use for it - but someone
here can probably help you out more than I can.

Armslore can still be used with (?) wrestling to disarm an opponenet? I
think? Otherwise, yes, useless.

---

"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
>
> I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that looking
> at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions
> have.
>
> 1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
> with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high
value?
> 2. Item insurance - how do i do this - what does it do - how much does it
> cost?
> 3. Presume that due to the fact that you can always see the features of a
> weapon, arms lore is now obsolete?
>
> Thanks folks
>
> Lee

Oh, and item insurance! You single-click yourself - target the item you
want to insure - 600 gold is withdrawn from the bank. The item you insure
must be in your backpack or on your paperdoll. There's also an option for
auto-renewing insurance - that means that when you die, your stuff is still
insured. It costs 600 gold an item, again, but you don't have to go through
and re-insure each piece. I believe there's a limit to the number of
insured items that will still be in your pack when you resurrect - someone
mentioned 10 or 12. So if you're carrying 25 insured items when you die,
don't be surprised if half of them don't stay in your pack. And it WILL be
the ones you cared about the most that are lost. I do believe that's
Murphy's Law.

---

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:31:33 -0400, "Alice Myers"
<alice.myers@charter.net> wrote:

>"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
>>
>> I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that looking
>> at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions
>> have.
>>
>> 1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
>> with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high
>value?
>> 2. Item insurance - how do i do this - what does it do - how much does it
>> cost?
>> 3. Presume that due to the fact that you can always see the features of a
>> weapon, arms lore is now obsolete?
>>
>> Thanks folks
>>
>> Lee
>>

>Oh, and item insurance! You single-click yourself - target the item you
>want to insure - 600 gold is withdrawn from the bank. The item you insure
>must be in your backpack or on your paperdoll. There's also an option for
>auto-renewing insurance - that means that when you die, your stuff is still
>insured. It costs 600 gold an item, again, but you don't have to go through
>and re-insure each piece. I believe there's a limit to the number of
>insured items that will still be in your pack when you resurrect - someone
>mentioned 10 or 12. So if you're carrying 25 insured items when you die,
>don't be surprised if half of them don't stay in your pack. And it WILL be
>the ones you cared about the most that are lost. I do believe that's
>Murphy's Law.

Actually, there's no limit to the number of items you can have
insured. It's just crazy and expensive to insure that many things. :)

I don't usually ever insure more than 8 or 9 things. Armor, jewelry
and a weapon.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:29:34 -0400, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

>Actually, there's no limit to the number of items you can have
>insured. It's just crazy and expensive to insure that many things. :)
>
>I don't usually ever insure more than 8 or 9 things. Armor, jewelry
>and a weapon.
>
>Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Half the stuff I wear is blessed but I rarely insure the rest. Sometimes
I'll insure my weapon but that's more of a convenience. I don't think
I've actually ever lost any gear to a monster (permanently anyhow) since
the facet split. Insurance would have been good back in the PK days
though. (I have no idea how it works on Fel now. Don't care.)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:58:00 +0100, "Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote:

>Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
>
>I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that looking
>at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions I
>have.
>
>1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
>with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high value?

The higher luck you have (check the 4-leaf clover on your status gump) the
better items (and possibly greater number of items) you will find on
monsters you slay.

>2. Item insurance - how do i do this - what does it do - how much does it
>cost?

Shift-click on yourself is how I do it. There are probably different ways
depending on how you set up the client. It costs 600gp (?) per item I
think.

>3. Presume that due to the fact that you can always see the features of a
>weapon, arms lore is now obsolete?

Yes, so is item identification.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:58:00 +0100, "Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
> >
> >I can understand most of the new features and the more detail that
looking
> >at weapons gives you (various resists etc.) but there are a few questions
> >have.
> >
> >1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
> >with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high
value?

> The higher luck you have (check the 4-leaf clover on your status gump) the
> better items (and possibly greater number of items) you will find on
> monsters you slay.

What is a good luck value to have??

archeon

"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Ok, i used to play UO several years ago and have recently come back.
> 1. Luck - what does this affect? If i have a piece of armour or a weapon
> with a high luck score - what does that do? What is considered a high
value?

....just one addition to the other posts here: Luck also affects the chance
that a creature will drop an artifact (in Doom), and presumably, though I
don't know, in Ilshenar with the mini artis as well. The luck of the
character to wield the killing blow is checked IIRC.

Archeon
(900 odd luck- sometimes it seems to make a diference, and sometimes I
wonder if they're just taking the piss out of us all)