LG DVDROM GSA-4040B Drivers For WinXP

MercuryMark

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
Where are the drivers for this device that integrate it into the Windows XP environment?
The GSA-4040B only shipped with independant applications that must be used to write to the media in this drive. I have a CD RW in my Toshiba laptop that can be written to by simply drag and dropping files onto the drive and then right clicking on the drive I can select "write these files to the media". Very simple and no need for 3rd party applications for most of the drive accesses. Any one know where I can get these drivers to support this functionality?

scottkli

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
I recently purchased the same drive and had no problems with it in XP Pro. Just poped in the disk, went into the drive, moved over the files and burned them. The same thing with my Sony.

MercuryMark

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
I turns out that I had to enable CD writing under the drive options under windows explorer (properties->recoding tab->check 'enable CD Recording on this drive'). This option was turned off by default to enable writing to DVD RAM media. I guess the driver is not smart enough to detect the media type so you have to do this manually. Problem understood.