Windows Firewall Keeps resetting

Hello all, I have a new XP PRO laptop that has the firewall. If I manually
turn it on, and use the computer, and later turn the computer of and back on
the next day it will turn the firewall back off automaticaly! I can't for the
life of me figgure out why. Any ideas??? thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows firewall resetting

    Firewallfireball wrote:

    > Hello all, I have a new XP PRO laptop that has the firewall. If I
    > manually turn it on, and use the computer, and later turn the computer
    > of and back on the next day it will turn the firewall back off
    > automaticaly! I can't for the life of me figgure out why. Any ideas???
    > thanks

    Do you have another third-party firewall installed? Norton Antivirus or
    Internet Security perhaps, which has "Internet Worm Protection"
    included? Have the beta MS AntiSpyware program installed? Here are some
    links that may help:

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Firewalls Computers Microsoft Windows XP