Windows Firewall Keeps resetting

Hello all, I have a new XP PRO laptop that has the firewall. If I manually
turn it on, and use the computer, and later turn the computer of and back on
the next day it will turn the firewall back off automaticaly! I can't for the
life of me figgure out why. Any ideas??? thanks

Malke

Firewallfireball wrote:

> Hello all, I have a new XP PRO laptop that has the firewall. If I
> manually turn it on, and use the computer, and later turn the computer
> of and back on the next day it will turn the firewall back off
> automaticaly! I can't for the life of me figgure out why. Any ideas???
> thanks

Do you have another third-party firewall installed? Norton Antivirus or
Internet Security perhaps, which has "Internet Worm Protection"
included? Have the beta MS AntiSpyware program installed? Here are some
links that may help:

FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
Start>Run cmd [enter]
netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
Follow prompts and reboot.

Malke