XP PRO + XP PRO x64 dual boot, and installation on SATA HD..

Hi all, subject pretty matter says it all. I am building an AMD 64 computer
and having trouble installing Windows on a serial ATA HD. I don't have a
floppy drive. After the partitioning and copying the system files, Windows
setup reboots and normally it should continue the installtion. Instead, it
goes back to step 1 in an endless loop of copying system files and rebooting.
It seems that setup program does not see the SATA drive. Is there a way I can
get around this w/o having a floppy drive. If not, how do I do this with a
floppy drive?

Secondly, I would like to install a dual boot system with XP Pro as well as
XP Pro x64 (actually a triple boot with + Linux down the road). How do I do
this?
Thanks much!
3 answers Last reply
More about dual boot installation sata

    Your bound to need a floppy drive, at some stage.
    Simply copy sata drivers - the install that is - to floppy, use the F6
    option when installing win to load the sata drivers.
    The drivers should be on your mobo cd, often in a form that can be extracted
    to a floppy.

    "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, subject pretty matter says it all. I am building an AMD 64
    computer
    > and having trouble installing Windows on a serial ATA HD. I don't have a
    > floppy drive. After the partitioning and copying the system files, Windows
    > setup reboots and normally it should continue the installtion. Instead, it
    > goes back to step 1 in an endless loop of copying system files and
    rebooting.
    > It seems that setup program does not see the SATA drive. Is there a way I
    can
    > get around this w/o having a floppy drive. If not, how do I do this with a
    > floppy drive?
    >
    > Secondly, I would like to install a dual boot system with XP Pro as well
    as
    > XP Pro x64 (actually a triple boot with + Linux down the road). How do I
    do
    > this?
    > Thanks much!

    "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hi all, subject pretty matter says it all. I am building an AMD 64
    computer
    | and having trouble installing Windows on a serial ATA HD. I don't have
    | floppy drive. After the partitioning and copying the system files,
    Windows
    | setup reboots and normally it should continue the installtion.
    Instead, it
    | goes back to step 1 in an endless loop of copying system files and
    rebooting.
    | It seems that setup program does not see the SATA drive. Is there a
    way I can
    | get around this w/o having a floppy drive. If not, how do I do this
    with a
    | floppy drive?
    |
    | Secondly, I would like to install a dual boot system with XP Pro as
    well as
    | XP Pro x64 (actually a triple boot with + Linux down the road). How do
    I do
    | this?
    | Thanks much!

    SATA ports must be enabled in the BIOS setup.....
    You will need a floppy drive for the F6.....

    If the setup program cannot see the SATA drive, what is it
    partitioning and copy system files to?

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:44:03 -0700, "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all, subject pretty matter says it all. I am building an AMD 64 computer
    >and having trouble installing Windows on a serial ATA HD. I don't have a
    >floppy drive. After the partitioning and copying the system files, Windows
    >setup reboots and normally it should continue the installtion. Instead, it
    >goes back to step 1 in an endless loop of copying system files and rebooting.
    >It seems that setup program does not see the SATA drive. Is there a way I can
    >get around this w/o having a floppy drive. If not, how do I do this with a
    >floppy drive?
    >
    >Secondly, I would like to install a dual boot system with XP Pro as well as
    >XP Pro x64 (actually a triple boot with + Linux down the road). How do I do
    >this?
    >Thanks much!

Floppy Disk Windows XP