Jhelom Cemetary - question

Has anyone heard of "The Shade Of Deceit" ? I was at the Jhelom cemetary
tonight, figured i would try it since ive never been there before. i
recalled in on my trusty cemetary rune book i picked up at a local vendor
and wham.... i am outside the gate towards the east i get my bow and mage
skills ready and this thing starts coming after me.... i took a shot at it
and realized how quick it was moving... i decided to haul but. i almost
didnt get away from it, it was moving as fast if not faster than me, i
hooked around a building somewhere and ran back towards the cemetary
looking for help. Eventually i was able to recall back to my house....by the
way this happened in Trammel.

sorry about the longness of this but i was just curious about what the heck
could move that fast! i thought that worst case scenario a player could
always outrun a monster.

TIA
Paul

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:33:59 -0400, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:

>Has anyone heard of "The Shade Of Deceit" ? I was at the Jhelom cemetary
>tonight, figured i would try it since ive never been there before. i
>recalled in on my trusty cemetary rune book i picked up at a local vendor
>and wham.... i am outside the gate towards the east i get my bow and mage
>skills ready and this thing starts coming after me.... i took a shot at it
>and realized how quick it was moving... i decided to haul but. i almost
>didnt get away from it, it was moving as fast if not faster than me, i
>hooked around a building somewhere and ran back towards the cemetary
>looking for help. Eventually i was able to recall back to my house....by the
>way this happened in Trammel.
>
>sorry about the longness of this but i was just curious about what the heck
>could move that fast! i thought that worst case scenario a player could
>always outrun a monster.

Some kind of EM spawned monster for an event? Or a strangely named player
in that necromancer shade form?

So...it was moving fast but were you able to harm it?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:33:59 -0400, "Paul - Catskills"
> <rasputin01@adelphia.net.net> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone heard of "The Shade Of Deceit" ? I was at the Jhelom cemetary
>>tonight, figured i would try it since ive never been there before. i
>>recalled in on my trusty cemetary rune book i picked up at a local vendor
>>and wham.... i am outside the gate towards the east i get my bow and mage
>>skills ready and this thing starts coming after me.... i took a shot at it
>>and realized how quick it was moving... i decided to haul but. i almost
>>didnt get away from it, it was moving as fast if not faster than me, i
>>hooked around a building somewhere and ran back towards the cemetary
>>looking for help. Eventually i was able to recall back to my house....by
>>the
>>way this happened in Trammel.
>>
>>sorry about the longness of this but i was just curious about what the
>>heck
>>could move that fast! i thought that worst case scenario a player could
>>always outrun a monster.
>
> Some kind of EM spawned monster for an event? Or a strangely named player
> in that necromancer shade form?
>
> So...it was moving fast but were you able to harm it?
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

the bow shot missed, still trying to train, i think it was some kind of
monster - not a player. i could be wrong though.... it was a humanoid type
creature not a spectre or lich or any other undead that i know of... i was
more scared at the time than i shouldve been to get a really good look.

"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> wrote in message
> >the bow shot missed, still trying to train, i think it was some kind of
>>monster - not a player. i could be wrong though.... it was a humanoid type
>>creature not a spectre or lich or any other undead that i know of...
>
> *straps Ghoul Bane to his belt*
>
> Time to go check out some cemetaries, i think. :} I love new challenges.
>
> *Hopes it's on Atlantic*
> ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Be safe Cyrus, Hopefully it is on Atlantic as well, Id really like to know
what it is/was... none of my warriors are strong enough to play yet... this
is what happens when you spend two years building your crafters and vendors
up :)

>Be safe Cyrus, Hopefully it is on Atlantic as well, Id really like to know
>what it is/was...

Bah, nothing on Atlantic. :{

Slaughtered an entire cemetary full of frolicing and merry undead folks for
nothing.

*chuckles*
~Cyrus of Sosaria~

Guess i'll hop over to Catskills and make a paladin if it's somehow still
hanging about...

> >Be safe Cyrus, Hopefully it is on Atlantic as well, Id really like to
> >know
>>what it is/was...
>
> Bah, nothing on Atlantic. :{
>
> Slaughtered an entire cemetary full of frolicing and merry undead folks
> for
> nothing.
>
> *chuckles*
> ~Cyrus of Sosaria~
>
> Guess i'll hop over to Catskills and make a paladin if it's somehow still
> hanging about...

I logged on tonight with my warrior character, i unloaded anything of value
and i went to check out the cemetary.... nothing there that was unusual -
very weird.... especially considering my archer/mage was in war mode when i
launched an arrow - i did not target it.... very weird.
oh well, thanks for the help Cyrus!
Paul

>oh well, thanks for the help Cyrus!
>Paul

Np, pity we didn't miraculously bump into each other on Cats, you could've
watched in wonder as i ran for my life like a little chicken.

*laughs*
~Cyrus~

(tired of typing "of Sosaria", though i just did anyway...*boggles*)