lee

Ok, so i set up a vendor on my house and my friend (co owner) wants one to -
so i bought him a contract and handed it to him.

He tells me that when he tries to place the contract it says "You need to
ask the owner to give you an employment contract". Well.. I did!

Does this mean Ill have to buy a rental contract and he will have to use
that and rent it from me??

Im confused!

Lee

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:06:27 +0100, "Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote:

>Ok, so i set up a vendor on my house and my friend (co owner) wants one to -
>so i bought him a contract and handed it to him.
>
>He tells me that when he tries to place the contract it says "You need to
>ask the owner to give you an employment contract". Well.. I did!
>
>Does this mean Ill have to buy a rental contract and he will have to use
>that and rent it from me??
>
>Im confused!
>
>Lee

I think you lock it down and give access to him (co-owner in this case)
and he can use it to *poof* a vendor into existence. I haven't done this
but looking at various houses with vendor contracts locked down, I assume
this is what is done or something similar.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

wrote:

>Ok, so i set up a vendor on my house and my friend (co owner) wants one to -
>so i bought him a contract and handed it to him.
>
>He tells me that when he tries to place the contract it says "You need to
>ask the owner to give you an employment contract". Well.. I did!
>
>Does this mean Ill have to buy a rental contract and he will have to use
>that and rent it from me??
>
>Im confused!
>
>Lee

I think what you want is a vendor rental contract. I may be
wrong on the exact wording. It's a pinkish contract, should cost
the same as a vendor contract. You, as house owner, double click
the contract, target the vendor location, then target your
friend. There's some contract options to go through, nothing too
complicated.

"Jaeger Prelac" <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:06:27 +0100, "Lee" <nochance@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Ok, so i set up a vendor on my house and my friend (co owner) wants one
>>to -
>>so i bought him a contract and handed it to him.
>>
>>He tells me that when he tries to place the contract it says "You need to
>>ask the owner to give you an employment contract". Well.. I did!
>>
>>Does this mean Ill have to buy a rental contract and he will have to use
>>that and rent it from me??
>>
>>Im confused!
>>
>>Lee
>
> I think what you want is a vendor rental contract. I may be
> wrong on the exact wording. It's a pinkish contract, should cost
> the same as a vendor contract. You, as house owner, double click
> the contract, target the vendor location, then target your
> friend. There's some contract options to go through, nothing too
> complicated.

To be even MORE specific :p
Its the Vendor Rental contract. It is red. Lock it down in your house. Then
double-click on it. It brings up a menu. Select length of contract (Varies
from 1 week to 1 month), the cost (Since this is for friend I'll assume 0
gold :), and Renew. There are 2 renews, one for you that is selectable and
one that your friend will have to change (Make sure both of these are set to
renew or the vendor will go poof after the time set in length). Lastly there
is (At the very bottom) a button for 'Offer this contract' (Or some such
wording). Click this and you will get a target cursor. Your friend will then
get the 'contract' menu, can check the terms, turn on/off the renew option,
and accept or decline. Your friend can change the renew/not renewed option
at any time on his vendor. Also keep in mind that the cost mentioned in the
contract is JUST between you and him (Which shouldn't matter if you are
going for 0 gold.) the vendor STILL has money requirements depending on what
is on it. (Standered vendor costs).

Hope that helps!

Alminair