More about virus

    From: "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom>

    | Hi Guys and Gals
    | Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
    | My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
    | windows messenger.
    | Thanks
    |
    | --
    | Carl G

    There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

    microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
    microsoft.public.security.virus
    alt.comp.virus
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Yes. That is one of the many infection vectors. Instant Messaging and other Peer to Peer
    (P2P) software greatly increase your infection risk.

    It really depends on WHAT she is infected with wether or not you would be at risk to use
    Instant Messaging to help her. Since you had to ask and since you haven't defined what
    viruses she is afflicted with I'd say the idea is contraindicated.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    naw, not if you have a virus program running
    there are specific messenger virus that spread user to user

    You know the routine - Maybe talk her into updating her virus prog and then
    booting up in safe mode and running the virus program and perhaps a AdAware
    program while in safe mode too.

    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys and Gals
    > Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
    > My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
    > windows messenger.
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Carl G

    Hi Carl,

    Not in this instance. Good luck and hope yall get it cleaned up.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys and Gals
    > Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
    > My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
    > windows messenger.
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Carl G