"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:10m7dll9bjkove6@corp.supernews.com...
> Whats all that about then?

In a nutshell, if a weapon has this attribute you do not need the skills for
its class, as long as you some skill for another. For example: You have a
warrior with 70 points swords and 30 points fencing skill. Say you find a
kryss (a fencing weapon) with the UBWS attribute applied to it. When using
the weapon the combat engine will take into account your skill in swords and
not fencing, since this is the better skill. Best of all you could just have
swords skill, and no fencing at all - you would still be able to use the
kryss, as it would still be applied to your swords skill in battle. Hope
this helps.

Shaun.

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:32:15 GMT, "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Whats all that about then?
>
>In a nutshell, if a weapon has this attribute you do not need the skills for
>its class, as long as you some skill for another. For example: You have a
>warrior with 70 points swords and 30 points fencing skill. Say you find a
>kryss (a fencing weapon) with the UBWS attribute applied to it. When using
>the weapon the combat engine will take into account your skill in swords and
>not fencing, since this is the better skill. Best of all you could just have
>swords skill, and no fencing at all - you would still be able to use the
>kryss, as it would still be applied to your swords skill in battle. Hope
>this helps.

But you will not be gaining sword skill while you use it.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:32:15 GMT, "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Lee" <nochance@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Whats all that about then?
> >
> >In a nutshell, if a weapon has this attribute you do not need the skills
for
> >its class, as long as you some skill for another. For example: You have a
> >warrior with 70 points swords and 30 points fencing skill. Say you find a
> >kryss (a fencing weapon) with the UBWS attribute applied to it. When
using
> >the weapon the combat engine will take into account your skill in swords
and
> >not fencing, since this is the better skill. Best of all you could just
have
> >swords skill, and no fencing at all - you would still be able to use the
> >kryss, as it would still be applied to your swords skill in battle. Hope
> >this helps.
>
> But you will not be gaining sword skill while you use it.

Funny, my swords went up when I was using a UBWS kryss....Then I found a kat
with 20% SSI which is almost as fast.