would this large trade work in trade window?

I have a trade in which over 20 mil gold is required. He offered to
put ten 1-million gold checks in one bag, so he can transfer each bag
into the trade window and open the bag to show me the gold checks. My
concern is he would move 3 or 4 bags into the trade window, then open
the same bag to show me the checks, while other 3 are empty. If he is
able to somehow show me 3 or 4 bags in the trade window, all opened
SIMULTANEOUSLY each showing 10 gold checks in it, would that suffice?

namsilat wrote:

> I have a trade in which over 20 mil gold is required. He offered to
> put ten 1-million gold checks in one bag, so he can transfer each bag
> into the trade window and open the bag to show me the gold checks. My
> concern is he would move 3 or 4 bags into the trade window, then open
> the same bag to show me the checks, while other 3 are empty. If he is
> able to somehow show me 3 or 4 bags in the trade window, all opened
> SIMULTANEOUSLY each showing 10 gold checks in it, would that suffice?

Never, never, never, EVER allow someone to put stuff in a bag in
a trade window. Ever. put one 20 million check in the window, that
should work, if not make a different arrangement. WTF are you selling
for 20 million in the first place???

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate

"namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a trade in which over 20 mil gold is required. He offered to
> put ten 1-million gold checks in one bag, so he can transfer each bag
> into the trade window and open the bag to show me the gold checks. My
> concern is he would move 3 or 4 bags into the trade window, then open
> the same bag to show me the checks, while other 3 are empty. If he is
> able to somehow show me 3 or 4 bags in the trade window, all opened
> SIMULTANEOUSLY each showing 10 gold checks in it, would that suffice?

I would never use bags in a trade window, there have been to many exploits
with them.

uray

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message

>put one 20 million check in the window, that should work,

Max check value in UO is 1 million

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:47:48 -0400, namsilat
<talismana@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a trade in which over 20 mil gold is required. He offered to
>put ten 1-million gold checks in one bag, so he can transfer each bag
>into the trade window and open the bag to show me the gold checks. My
>concern is he would move 3 or 4 bags into the trade window, then open
>the same bag to show me the checks, while other 3 are empty. If he is
>able to somehow show me 3 or 4 bags in the trade window, all opened
>SIMULTANEOUSLY each showing 10 gold checks in it, would that suffice?

I would suggest that you both agree on either 2D or 3D, but be
sure to both be using the same client, so that you both are
looking at the same thing. Have your buyer arrange all 20 checks
so that the may be counted reliably.

I would prefer one container, not the (incorrect) multiples you
mention. I would also be tempted to test this transfer with a
friend, using checks, deeds, or scrolls, so that I could see how
they would appear in the window and what I would have to do to
count them.

Also, personal experience suggests that you allow plenty of time
for this transfer. I tried to buy a suit, and it took quite some
time to get all pieces arranged so that I could see and verify
each piece. (This was because of a 2D -> 3D transfer)

Others have mentions exploits using containers in trade windows.
I suspect these exploits have been removed, but one never knows
for certain. I do recall reading that a box is not recommended
because of traps.

Don't do something like this at WBB.

Cancel any trade window you aren't comfortable with, and have the
buyer start again.

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:09:13 -0500, Jaeger Prelac <jprelac@softhome.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:47:48 -0400, namsilat
><talismana@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a trade in which over 20 mil gold is required. He offered to
>>put ten 1-million gold checks in one bag, so he can transfer each bag
>>into the trade window and open the bag to show me the gold checks. My
>>concern is he would move 3 or 4 bags into the trade window, then open
>>the same bag to show me the checks, while other 3 are empty. If he is
>>able to somehow show me 3 or 4 bags in the trade window, all opened
>>SIMULTANEOUSLY each showing 10 gold checks in it, would that suffice?
>
>I would suggest that you both agree on either 2D or 3D, but be
>sure to both be using the same client, so that you both are
>looking at the same thing. Have your buyer arrange all 20 checks
>so that the may be counted reliably.
>
>I would prefer one container, not the (incorrect) multiples you
>mention. I would also be tempted to test this transfer with a
>friend, using checks, deeds, or scrolls, so that I could see how
>they would appear in the window and what I would have to do to
>count them.
>
>Also, personal experience suggests that you allow plenty of time
>for this transfer. I tried to buy a suit, and it took quite some
>time to get all pieces arranged so that I could see and verify
>each piece. (This was because of a 2D -> 3D transfer)
>
>Others have mentions exploits using containers in trade windows.
>I suspect these exploits have been removed, but one never knows
>for certain. I do recall reading that a box is not recommended
>because of traps.
>
>Don't do something like this at WBB.
>
>Cancel any trade window you aren't comfortable with, and have the
>buyer start again.

One last thing, make sure you do not have much in your back pack to
start with. At one time, if you was over loaded, or had too many items
in your pack, you dropped the traded item on the ground for anyone
to pick up. (That may have been fixed, but you never know).

One scam that "was" used, was to fill the pack with too many items,
then cover them with the checks. When you hit the trade button the bag
would fall to the ground and someone would grab it.

Good luck

Ice

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:07:02 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:

>One scam that "was" used, was to fill the pack with too many items,
>then cover them with the checks. When you hit the trade button the bag
>would fall to the ground and someone would grab it.

Can you even trade containers anymore? ISTR that you can't anymore.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:07:02 GMT, Ice@noplace.com (Ice) wrote:
>
>>One scam that "was" used, was to fill the pack with too many items,
>>then cover them with the checks. When you hit the trade button the bag
>>would fall to the ground and someone would grab it.
>
> Can you even trade containers anymore? ISTR that you can't anymore.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil

You can still trade containers, but they automatically open by themselves.