Create new user account and its limitation

June 6, 2005 10:56:01 PM

Hallo .. I'm intalling win xp ... i have one administrator user ... and i
have created one user account (say user1) with limited account type. my
question is ... can user1 do update windows (patches) ... update virus
pattern ... i know that limited account cannot do installation for other
software.
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 11:49:06 AM

No can't update Windows.If he visits Windows update site he will only
find that the Administrator is only allowed to do that.
Regarding update Virus pattern-he can't update virus definitions either.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!