Create new user account and its limitation

Hallo .. I'm intalling win xp ... i have one administrator user ... and i
have created one user account (say user1) with limited account type. my
question is ... can user1 do update windows (patches) ... update virus
pattern ... i know that limited account cannot do installation for other
software.
1 answer Last reply
More about create user account limitation

    No can't update Windows.If he visits Windows update site he will only
    find that the Administrator is only allowed to do that.
    Regarding update Virus pattern-he can't update virus definitions either.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Kamarul Abu Bakar wrote:

    > Hallo .. I'm intalling win xp ... i have one administrator user ... and i
    > have created one user account (say user1) with limited account type. my
    > question is ... can user1 do update windows (patches) ... update virus
    > pattern ... i know that limited account cannot do installation for other
    > software.

Microsoft Windows XP