Re-installing AV Rack

Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an AV Rack
from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my PC,cannot listen
to radio etc.
Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?

It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly straightforward
terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be deduced from my actions
in deleting this AV Rack !)

The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that came
with it...if these are needed.

Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used this
Forum.

Cheers and thanks.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond.

Malke

aka Flipper wrote:

> Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an
> AV Rack from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my
> PC,cannot listen to radio etc.
> Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?
>
> It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly
> straightforward terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be
> deduced from my actions in deleting this AV Rack !)
>
> The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that
> came with it...if these are needed.
>
> Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used
> this Forum.
>
> Cheers and thanks.

I'm not sure why deleting an icon would cause this problem. The AV Rack
is a little program that was installed along with your sound card
drivers. If I misunderstood your post and you didn't just delete a
shortcut on the desktop but rather used Add/Remove Programs to
uninstall it, just reinstall your sound card drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version 29.0" no
other text on the disk at all.
The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
"Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called Drivers
thatthere is "Audio".

Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
Cheers.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond.

"Malke" wrote:

> aka Flipper wrote:
>
> > Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an
> > AV Rack from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my
> > PC,cannot listen to radio etc.
> > Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?
> >
> > It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly
> > straightforward terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be
> > deduced from my actions in deleting this AV Rack !)
> >
> > The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that
> > came with it...if these are needed.
> >
> > Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used
> > this Forum.
> >
> > Cheers and thanks.
>
> I'm not sure why deleting an icon would cause this problem. The AV Rack
> is a little program that was installed along with your sound card
> drivers. If I misunderstood your post and you didn't just delete a
> shortcut on the desktop but rather used Add/Remove Programs to
> uninstall it, just reinstall your sound card drivers.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

Is it still in your recycle bin? If so, restore it.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"aka Flipper" <akaFlipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an AV
> Rack
> from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my PC,cannot
> listen
> to radio etc.
> Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?
>
> It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly straightforward
> terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be deduced from my
> actions
> in deleting this AV Rack !)
>
> The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that
> came
> with it...if these are needed.
>
> Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used this
> Forum.
>
> Cheers and thanks.
> --
> Shine on you crazy diamond.

Kelly thank you..I did check my recycle bin and it wasn't there...I do empty
it on a weekly basis,unfortunately.....I will change my practice to once a
month from now on.
Cheers.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond.

aka Flipper wrote:
> Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
> I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
> concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version
> 29.0" no other text on the disk at all.
> The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
> "Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called
> Drivers thatthere is "Audio".
>
> Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
> Cheers.

Use the disk that contains your sound drivers, or go to your sound
devices web site and download more up-to-date drivers from them.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Thanks Kurt,I'll look for the website and try that.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond.

"kurttrail" wrote:

> aka Flipper wrote:
> > Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
> > I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
> > concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version
> > 29.0" no other text on the disk at all.
> > The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
> > "Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called
> > Drivers thatthere is "Audio".
> >
> > Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
> > Cheers.
>
> Use the disk that contains your sound drivers, or go to your sound
> devices web site and download more up-to-date drivers from them.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

Most welcome and hope you get this working soon. :eek:)

--

> Kelly thank you..I did check my recycle bin and it wasn't there...I do
> empty
> it on a weekly basis,unfortunately.....I will change my practice to once a
> month from now on.
> Cheers.
> --
> Shine on you crazy diamond.
>

> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Is it still in your recycle bin? If so, restore it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "aka Flipper" <akaFlipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an
>> > AV
>> > Rack
>> > from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my PC,cannot
>> > listen
>> > to radio etc.
>> > Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?
>> >
>> > It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly
>> > straightforward
>> > terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be deduced from my
>> > actions
>> > in deleting this AV Rack !)
>> >
>> > The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that
>> > came
>> > with it...if these are needed.
>> >
>> > Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used
>> > this
>> > Forum.
>> >
>> > Cheers and thanks.
>> > --
>> > Shine on you crazy diamond.

The AV Rack is the audio program that came with your
motherboard, and it is required to operate the onboard
sound. Use the Gigabyte CD and reinstall the Audio.

| Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
| I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
| concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version 29.0"
no
| other text on the disk at all.
| The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
| "Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called Drivers
| thatthere is "Audio".
|
| Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
| Cheers.
| --
| Shine on you crazy diamond.
|

| "Malke" wrote:
|
| > aka Flipper wrote:
| >
| > > Several days ago I did a stupid thing and deleted something called an
| > > AV Rack from my desktop. Since that time I have had no sound on my
| > > PC,cannot listen to radio etc.
| > > Is someone able to advise me how to rectify this situation please ?
| > >
| > > It would be appreciated if any advice is given in fairly
| > > straightforward terms as I am not that computer-literate ( as will be
| > > deduced from my actions in deleting this AV Rack !)
| > >
| > > The operating system on my PC is XP Home and I have all the disks that
| > > came with it...if these are needed.
| > >
| > > Hope I have done this correctly as it is the first time I have used
| > > this Forum.
| > >
| > > Cheers and thanks.
| >
| > I'm not sure why deleting an icon would cause this problem. The AV Rack
| > is a little program that was installed along with your sound card
| > drivers. If I misunderstood your post and you didn't just delete a
| > shortcut on the desktop but rather used Add/Remove Programs to
| > uninstall it, just reinstall your sound card drivers.
| >
| > Malke
| > --
| > Elephant Boy Computers
| > www.elephantboycomputers.com
| > "Don't Panic!"
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Many,many thanks MarcD,I have re-installed the Realtek AC "97 from the
Gigabyte CD and have regained sound ....very happy again !
--
Shine on you crazy diamond.

"MarcD" wrote:

> The AV Rack is the audio program that came with your
> motherboard, and it is required to operate the onboard
> sound. Use the Gigabyte CD and reinstall the Audio.
>

> "aka Flipper" <akaFlipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
> | I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
> | concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version 29.0"
> no
> | other text on the disk at all.
> | The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
> | "Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called Drivers
> | thatthere is "Audio".
> |
> | Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
> | Cheers.
> | --
> | Shine on you crazy diamond.

> | > I'm not sure why deleting an icon would cause this problem. The AV Rack
> | > is a little program that was installed along with your sound card
> | > drivers. If I misunderstood your post and you didn't just delete a
> | > shortcut on the desktop but rather used Add/Remove Programs to
> | > uninstall it, just reinstall your sound card drivers.
> | >
> | > Malke
> | > --
> | > Elephant Boy Computers
> | > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> | > "Don't Panic!"
> | > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

May your diamond sparkle forever.

| Many,many thanks MarcD,I have re-installed the Realtek AC "97 from the
| Gigabyte CD and have regained sound ....very happy again !
| --
| Shine on you crazy diamond.
|

| "MarcD" wrote:
|
| > The AV Rack is the audio program that came with your
| > motherboard, and it is required to operate the onboard
| > sound. Use the Gigabyte CD and reinstall the Audio.
| >

| > "aka Flipper" <akaFlipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hi Malke......yes,I'm sure that I uninstalled the whole thing.
| > | I have two disks that could fit the bill so far as reinstallation is
| > | concerned: one is titled simply "Drivers and utilities.....version
29.0"
| > no
| > | other text on the disk at all.
| > | The other disk is part of Gigabyte's P4 Titan pack and is titled
| > | "Motherboard utilities CD"...it mentions under a heading called
Drivers
| > | thatthere is "Audio".
| > |
| > | Could you advise me which one is likely to be the one to reinstall ?
| > | Cheers.
| > | --
| > | Shine on you crazy diamond.
| > |