SBC-Yahoo router causing problems

Installed a SBC-Yahoo DSL router a few weeks ago and ever since then have
been having problems with our HP Pavilion a1020n. Computer constantly freezes
up, will not allow more than one user to be logged in at a time, and if
tried, will freeze. Our HP PCS2355 Printer has also been malfunctioning since
installing the router. Has anyone had similar problems or know a possible
solutions (besides uninstalling the router)?
3 answers Last reply
More about yahoo router causing problems

    Contact SBC/Yahoo support, Joy.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Joy wrote:
    > Installed a SBC-Yahoo DSL router a few weeks ago and ever since then have
    > been having problems with our HP Pavilion a1020n. Computer constantly
    > freezes up, will not allow more than one user to be logged in at a time,
    > and if tried, will freeze. Our HP PCS2355 Printer has also been
    > malfunctioning since installing the router. Has anyone had similar
    > problems or know a possible solutions (besides uninstalling the router)?

    I would like to know how an external router can cause problems with XP?
    Routers do not normally yhave drivers that need to be installed. The router
    just goes in between the PCs and the DSL service.

    "Joy" <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Installed a SBC-Yahoo DSL router a few weeks ago and ever since then have
    > been having problems with our HP Pavilion a1020n. Computer constantly
    > freezes
    > up, will not allow more than one user to be logged in at a time, and if
    > tried, will freeze. Our HP PCS2355 Printer has also been malfunctioning
    > since
    > installing the router. Has anyone had similar problems or know a possible
    > solutions (besides uninstalling the router)?

    Computer components will not malfunction because of a router. Sounds like a
    different hardware issue. Maybe give your computer a quick spyware/virus scan
    as well.

    "Joy" wrote:

    > Installed a SBC-Yahoo DSL router a few weeks ago and ever since then have
    > been having problems with our HP Pavilion a1020n. Computer constantly freezes
    > up, will not allow more than one user to be logged in at a time, and if
    > tried, will freeze. Our HP PCS2355 Printer has also been malfunctioning since
    > installing the router. Has anyone had similar problems or know a possible
    > solutions (besides uninstalling the router)?

Routers Yahoo Windows XP