Daisy-chained speaker cable for Rear Channels

Last response: in Home Audio
July 7, 2004 7:09:12 PM

My rear right channel in my home theater is too far away for the
speaker cable to reach. Would there be any audibly bad effects if i
were to (carefully) daisy chain two speaker cables together to make
one longer cable? I have the extra cabling, so i would prefer not to
purchase a new cable if i don't need to. Thanks.

-Paul

Speaker cable is Monster Home Theater cable...i assume 14 or 16 g.
Speakers are Mirage Omnsats satellite speakers
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 9:03:01 PM

No, you will just have to be careful how you terminate each joint so
they do not come loose and or short-out by coming in contact with each
other.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA